PDA

View Full Version : Bird-Flu

aster01d!!!!
07-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Bird Flu is no longer some remake of the SARS virus, as its more infectios and deadly but i have some facts that might put you at rest....

You can continue to eat chicken.

As the desies is only passed through the saliva and faeces of the animals

Is bird flu incurable?

No is isnt, there is around 3 drugs that can treat it, the best of these apparantly is TAMIFLU

Symptoms

Once you have bird flu you show normal flu symptoms but with worse respiritory conditions, rather like a strong asthma attack

What is a strain E.G. (H5N1)

A strain of a desies is a type of it each with different syptoms and different severity.

The scottish swan.

Recently a swan in scotland has been found with the Avian Flu but as yet not with the deadly strain that is toxic to humans but testing is still carrying on. The experts predicted that the whole country could be immunised in 3 days! they also predicted that Bird-Flu will be here for along time and we even could become rather used to it like HIV or TB of course these are less infectious.

Conclusion

We live in a world were most of the world money is situated in a small part of the world. We have lots of modern medicines and when it comes to it we are in good hands are goverment is stockpiling the drug TAMIFLU and is working on a immunisation as we type.

Thanks

Lycan
07-04-2006, 09:47 AM
You have got to get up-close and snuggly with a bird to get ill.

As Quoted by an oxford Professor

Always
07-04-2006, 09:49 AM
The Media are just going over the top

Lycan
07-04-2006, 09:54 AM
on tv they are.. and in some newspapers... but in the rest including the bbc website they really are down to earth...

What is the risk to human health if the swan does have H5N1?

It is extremely low. One expert described it as "virtually zero".

People have only contracted the virus from being in very close contact with infected birds.

Someone would need to be close enough to touch a bird's beak, pluck its feathers or come into contact with its droppings to be at risk.

Chaz
07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Gods sake, everyones so paranoid!

Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please stay on topic

Always
07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Gods sake, everyones so paranoid!

Inittt

Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please don't post pointlessly

Avian-
07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Bird Flu is no longer some remake of the SARS virus, as its more infectios and deadly but i have some facts that might put you at rest....

You can continue to eat chicken.

As the desies is only passed through the saliva and faeces of the animals

Is bird flu incurable?

No is isnt, there is around 3 drugs that can treat it, the best of these apparantly is TAMIFLU

Symptoms

Once you have bird flu you show normal flu symptoms but with worse respiritory conditions, rather like a strong asthma attack

What is a strain E.G. (H5N1)

A strain of a desies is a type of it each with different syptoms and different severity.

The scottish swan.

Recently a swan in scotland has been found with the Avian Flu but as yet not with the deadly strain that is toxic to humans but testing is still carrying on. The experts predicted that the whole country could be immunised in 3 days! they also predicted that Bird-Flu will be here for along time and we even could become rather used to it like HIV or TB of course these are less infectious.

Conclusion

We live in a world were most of the world money is situated in a small part of the world. We have lots of modern medicines and when it comes to it we are in good hands are goverment is stockpiling the drug TAMIFLU and is working on a immunisation as we type.

Thanks Thanks for the info but can you type correctly next time.

RedStratocas
07-04-2006, 11:00 AM
No. SARS was MUCH more hyped than this, and basically no one died, and that actually was human form. So how can something that cant even be spread from human to human be more contagous than one that can?

Im sorry, but I have had enough of all this poo about "OMG the bird flu is going to destroy the world!".

AIDS is a pandemic thats already here and killing hundreds of thousands, why are we worried about bird flu?

Chaz
07-04-2006, 11:04 AM
No. SARS was MUCH more hyped than this, and basically no one died, and that actually was human form. So how can something that cant even be spread from human to human be more contagous than one that can?

Im sorry, but I have had enough of all this poo about "OMG the bird flu is going to destroy the world!".

AIDS is a pandemic thats already here and killing hundreds of thousands, why are we worried about bird flu?
I know, everyones getting so worried about it, the media makes people worry too much, they make big stories to sell

They shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Faye
07-04-2006, 11:07 AM
they found this ded swan from a fire which they found out was infected with bird flu so now their testing every swan in that place , abit O.T.T dont u think ?
- i forgot the name of the place - :rolleyes:

foxyfox00
07-04-2006, 11:32 AM
I Think It Is A Bit Over Rated But It Could Mutate Like Any Other Disease And Cause A Pandemic Like Flu. Not Say It Is But There Is A Likely Hood If Given The Right Conditions

Eoin
07-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Lol, bird flu was found across a river from were i live :S

-:Undertaker:-
07-04-2006, 12:12 PM
There is NO cure to H5N1 They are currently making a Vaccine, TAMIFLU Does not treat H5N1 - TAMIFLU only treats Normal Birdflu.

Bielby2ooo
07-04-2006, 12:23 PM
ive got bird flu :(

Chaz
07-04-2006, 12:26 PM
STOP OVER-REACTING!
You have more chance of Bielby2000 finding the 'new post' button!

Pfft, you have more chance of being killed by flying alian toasters ***.

Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please dont post rude comments & Stay on topic

aster01d!!!!
07-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I have to agree with everyone on this topic. The media is over-hyping it.

1. More likely to win the lottery than catch bird-flu at the moment
2. Killed only 160 people worldwide
3. Not being mean but in our world and society the AIDs crisis in africa is less important not in my view but in an economic and govermental view.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!