PDA

View Full Version : A late birthday present from a mate of mine. =D

Biseinen
07-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Okay, my mate, Simon, a cool guy and he is quite well off. (Money wise) and he's always buying stuff from www.thinkgeek.com (http://www.thinkgeek.com) and over the past year he's accumilated so many reward points (Geek points) That he's decided to use them on me! (YAY) So I get a few nice things from there! I'm such a geek but these rawk. xD

First thing:

Normal:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/antworks.jpg

With LED Base: http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/other/antworks_led-glowing.jpg%5D%5BIMG%5Dfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Karl/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/other/antworks_led-glowing.jpg

Fascinating creatures ants. Sure you hate to see them in your socks or making a B-line for that pizza crust crumb you forgot to sweep up at the local LAN party. But let's give credit where credit is due. Ants are amazing. Ants can lift up to 20x their body weight! They have two stomachs and three eyes! They also have uncanny communication skills and amazing abilities to work together to achieve a common goal. This miraculous gel, derived from a NASA Space experiment, serves as both habitat and nutrition for your ants - allowing you to watch in awe as they turn a brick of aqua-blue gel into a fascinating colony of tunnels. Never before have you been so capable of watching these awesome creatures at work.

Consider Ants a pest? Think again. As Sun Tzu stated, 'Know Thy Enemy'. And what better way to know them then in this totally enclosed space age aquarium. Ants are perhaps the most populous creatures on the face of planet earth, with at least ten thousand species and countless trillions of individual ants. Bring them indoors today with Antworks!

AntWorks is based on a 2003 NASA Space Shuttle experiment to study animal life in space and test how ants successfully tunnel in microgravity.
The AntWorks Gel (Non Toxic) is complete with nutrients to promote healthy growth in the new colony.
Watch ants live, work and tunnel in the nutritious and non-toxic gel as they create series upon series of intricate tunnels.
Easy to care for - Ants need NO food or water.
Case is 6.5"x 5.5"x 1.25"Each 'Antworks' Includes:
Case and gel
Magnifying glass
Ant catching/tunnel starting tool
Instruction booklet with interesting facts about ants.
ANTS ARE NOT INCLUDED! However, there is a form included where you can order some ants for delivery via mail. But why bother? Just set out some potato chips in the kitchen and voila! Instant ant colony!Second item

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/carnivorous_creations.jpg

Here at ThinkGeek, we truly understand you have needs. Especially at work where minutes often last hours and hours become days. You need to be entertained, you don't want your neurons to prematurely atrophy. You crave stimulation. You crave a Carnivorous desktop plant set. Perfect for the casual office worker who delights in watching insects slowly meet their makers as they are painfully digested by an engaging variety of meat-sucking flora. Nothing quite like it.
So what's our recommendation? Grab a set and grow your own collection of feared and famous carnivorous plants. This deluxe set has seeds from over ten varieties of carnivorous plants! Watch these fascinating plants grow into bug-eating monsters and delight in creating your own authentic bog with the included peat planting mix, blue Swamp Rocks, three Bog Buddies and full color decals. This rare and unusual collection of carnivorous plants will flourish for years in this specially designed terrarium with proper care...

Each Complete Kit Includes:
Growing Dome
Planting Mixture
Carnivorous Seed Pack:
Venus Fly Trap
Yellow Trumpet
Hooded Pitcher Plant
Purple Pitcher Plant
Pale Trumpet
Temperate Sundew Plants
Cobra Lillies
3 Photo Decals
3 Bog Buddies
Swamp Rocks
Instructions and Information ManualThird Item:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/triops.jpg

It's true. Triops have been around for a bajillion years. They have survived unchanged due to a very special adaptation called “diapause.” When their ponds dried up, the Triops' eggs went into a state of suspended animation until the ponds filled again.
Triops look like a cross between a horseshoe crab and a facehugger (look out Sigourney!), and can grow to be up to 2” long. Oh yeah, and THEY HAVE 3 EYES!! You'll have a very unique conversation starter on your desk. And since Triops hatch in about 24 hours and almost double in size daily, expect your desk to be the center of the office as your co-workers stop by frequently to see how the Triops are doing. Go crazy, name the Triops after your co-workers. We did! And don't worry - these Triops are grown on special farms; you're not harming any ecosystems by growing an army of desk aliens.

Triops Deluxe Set

Plastic Aquarium and Cover - Dimensions: Approx 7.5" X 4" X 5.5"
Instructions and Educational Booklet
Triops Eggs and Food
Hatching Nutrients
Fossil Replica
Thermometer
Decorative Gravel and Glow Beads
Magnifying Ruler
Guaranteed to Grow (see instruction manual for warranty detailsaaaaa

So Yay =D

They all look so cool. =D

Charles
07-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Omg! I got them ant thingys. But mine didn't dig, they huddled and died ;[
Also, that Triops thingy, I have too! But they died.
lol..

Biseinen
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Omg! I got them ant thingys. But mine didn't dig, they huddled and died ;[
Also, that Triops thingy, I have too! But they died.
lol..

You're not very good with 'pets', are you. O.o

Rawr
07-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Lols@that ant thingy! I want one soooo bad! Get him to send me one pleaseeeee! <3

Charles
07-04-2006, 04:16 PM
You're not very good with 'pets', are you. O.o
In a way, yes. The triops grew and grew, lived out their life expectancy and I havn't got anymore eggs.
The Ants died because I recieved the package with them in, in winter. So they mustve been cold hence why they huddled. I have another order form for them too.

SHEEPY
07-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I had a goldfish once, it died because we over fed it. Stupid thing.

Herman
07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Aww the third one is cute. <3

Biseinen
07-04-2006, 04:20 PM
In a way, yes. The triops grew and grew, lived out their life expectancy and I havn't got anymore eggs.
The Ants died because I recieved the package with them in, in winter. So they mustve been cold hence why they huddled. I have another order form for them too.

You ordered Ants in the post... O_o

Charles
07-04-2006, 04:24 PM
You ordered Ants in the post... O_o
Yep. It says in the booklet I got with mine, other Ants can bite (from your Garden..etc) so I ordered them.
And don't be so shocked. "/

deltateamaplha
07-04-2006, 04:26 PM
wow cool pets :) .

Biseinen
07-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Yep. It says in the booklet I got with mine, other Ants can bite (from your Garden..etc) so I ordered them.
And don't be so shocked. "/

"Note to postman: Don't sit on this letter as it contains ants".

Lol.

Jordan3
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Heh, they're all so strange but so cool.

Charles
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM
"Note to postman: Don't sit on this letter as it contains ants".

Lol.
Yeah, or leave in the cold. As it's a bugger to get them un-huddled.

Craig
07-04-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm actually gonna order the ant+plants thing ;o

Dammit it's american:(

Biseinen
07-04-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm actually gonna order the ant+plants thing ;o

Dammit it's american:(

You can order from UK. = )

I'm in the UK. xP

Craig
07-04-2006, 05:35 PM
You can? But it's in Dollars? K I'm confused now.

Biseinen
07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Because it's an American site, it just converts it through the current cost from Dollars to GBP and then takes it out of your account.

So say you bought the ant thing + The LCD light thing, + The plant thing, that would be:

55.97 USD United States Dollars = 32.1252 GBP United Kingdom Pounds

Colourful™
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Because it's an American site, it just converts it through the current cost from Dollars to GBP and then takes it out of your account.

So say you bought the ant thing + The LCD light thing, + The plant thing, that would be:

55.97 USD United States Dollars = 32.1252 GBP United Kingdom Pounds
Nice knowledge Balmung.

Biseinen
07-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Nice knowledge Balmung.

All credit goes to the currency translator I used. :rolleyes:

PonyboyCurtis
08-04-2006, 03:09 AM
if i got that for my birthday, i would ask for a death sentence. kk fnx bai.:eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!