PDA

View Full Version : First Revolution Screenshots!

HUGECOOL
07-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Ubisoft shows off some screens from its title Red Steel, set for release on the Revolution. It looks like we have some official Revolution screens.

It is a first-person shooter that utilizes the RevMote just as we have all predicted it would. The barely-discernible caption reads "Notice how the angle of the in-game gun reflects the angle at which you hold the controller." Although hard to tell from a magazine scan, the visuals are looking impressive; a good sign for all those dejected by the Nintendo's decision not to use the latest graphics and processing technology.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5978/spaceball0xx.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5662/spaceball1ye.gifhttp://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5662/spaceball1ye.gif

http://i2.tinypic.com/t7mzi9.gif
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7917/spaceball20de.jpg

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/2581/spaceball35ta.jpg

The game looks very good even though Nintendo chose to be underpowered and the gameplay is sounding amazing (shoot gangsta' style!! XD), but we still have a month to go till E3. :P

Anyone else notice the RevMote in the pictures looks different?! The infrared port is round. ;O

Neil
07-04-2006, 10:25 PM
That looks so rubbish, sorry but them graphics look pathetic I wouldn't even bother

HUGECOOL
07-04-2006, 10:29 PM
That looks so rubbish, sorry but them graphics look pathetic I wouldn't even bother
Thanks for your opinion, but I was hoping to hear from a more intellectual point of view.

By the way, nice grammar.

Demynx
07-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Im a Nintendo Fan and I think that is very impressive for the revolution.
It seems to have good graphics and I like how they use the controle!

Webhamster
07-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Looks good, I'd love to know more about the game showed.

Neil
07-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your opinion, but I was hoping to hear from a more intellectual point of view.

By the way, nice grammar.

Sorry but I would of expected better from Nintendo, I hate the gamecube but the graphics on some of the games are amazing, even though they are cartoony I would give the graphics A+ but this game, I just don't like the look of, gameplay might be good though, not too keen on the revolution controller either...But whatever, I've never played the game so I can't say anything else.

NekkLe
07-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Hmm looks good but thats probably a good attempt from the console. Xbox 360 alone owns with its graphics and gameplay of its games, its a tough console to compete with. Game on___.

James!
07-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I actually quite like that, I'm not a huge fan of the Nintendo series.. good find dude! :D

Wootzeh
08-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Sorry but I would of expected better from Nintendo, I hate the gamecube but the graphics on some of the games are amazing, even though they are cartoony I would give the graphics A+ but this game, I just don't like the look of, gameplay might be good though, not too keen on the revolution controller either...But whatever, I've never played the game so I can't say anything else.
You get more retárder the more you post.
It's a the first game? They will get better, and since when was grpaih cs about everything.

Timewarp
08-04-2006, 09:11 AM
i agree with wootzeh
right im gonna compete my consoles
n64 bad graphics
xbox good graphics
ps2 good graphics

n64 beats my ps2 and my xbox yet its the worst graphics
+rep wootzeh and fyta

Neil
08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
You get more retárder the more you post.
It's a the first game? They will get better, and since when was grpaih cs about everything.
I agree that it will get better but you should expect a little better considering the N64 and Gamecube had good graphics, and no graphics arnt everything but most people find it hard now days to play games with poor graphics due to playing lots of games with good graphics, the actual in game graphics might be better but then again they might not, personally I think they should stick with the whole cartoon graphics

Flauvo
08-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Looks like Sony and Microsoft have some competition. The "infared style" of play will certainly be the main feature of the upcoming Revolution. The graphics also look amazing for an early game of the 3rd Next-Gen gaming console.

Timewarp
08-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Looks like Sony and Microsoft have some competition. The "infared style" of play will certainly be the main feature of the upcoming Revolution. The graphics also look amazing for an early game of the 3rd Next-Gen gaming console.
actually its more likely to be the second as its coming out in autum in the us

HUGECOOL
08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree that it will get better but you should expect a little better considering the N64 and Gamecube had good graphics, and no graphics arnt everything but most people find it hard now days to play games with poor graphics due to playing lots of games with good graphics, the actual in game graphics might be better but then again they might not, personally I think they should stick with the whole cartoon graphics Graphics aren't everything, but visuals are always the first experience with a game. Your aural senses have the next experience, usually. The third would be actually playing the game.

Nintendo had 'cartoony' graphics because most of the developers for their systems, the Gamecube respectively, saw better potential in the PS2 and the Xbox, therefore, not many chose to develop games that would be considered 'non-cartoony'.

Now that Nintendo has built new relationships with more developers, and at the same time offering a cheap way to develop games, we might be getting more and more non-cartoony games. Personally, I find the games very enjoyable.

But then again, I enjoy Good games, not Well-Done games.

You see, there's a big difference. Well done games are like '50Cent Bullet Proof'. Gorgeous graphics. High-detailed, and a super-colored environment. Music with Dolby sound. Realistic guns and a hyper-responsive control. Even through the game is perfectly made, it is no fun whatsoever. The game is waste of time and money.

Good Games are games like that old forgotten game ‘Guerrilla War’ for the NES. It had only 3 kinds of bullets: A white ball, a red fire and red oval. Those were even for its time mediocre graphics. Player 1 and 2 were exactly the same (except for the color). The music was repetitive but it was enough to make you rage at the enemy. That game, which had nothing exceptional, was SUPERB. It kept you hanging on the edge of your seat from the first minute to the last moment. Fun? HELL YES! Simple? Like none! Addictive? Ask my 8 friends who got hooked by that game after a try.

Bear-Max
08-04-2006, 05:38 PM
First and foremost, if 50 Cent: Bulletproof is perfectly made, I don't know what the hell a badly made game is like. Bulletproof has awful controls, is as glitched as hell and doesn't even have graphics worth bothering with. Then again, you said you didn't like it so I'm agreeing with you in that sense :)

Anywho, onto these screens. I actually think the graphics look pretty amazing considering all the "Revolution is going to have bad graphics" crap that's been flying around the internet. I'd say those are at least more powerful than the original Xbox, and if the game plays well then I can't see any reason not to buy the Revolution.

Sank
08-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow, looks good!

The graphics look a lot better to what I would have thought they'd be.

.:Subarusti:.
08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
its quite impressive looks cool, thanks now i dont have to buy the magazine, muhahaha

Timewarp
08-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Graphics aren't everything, but visuals are always the first experience with a game. Your aural senses have the next experience, usually. The third would be actually playing the game.

Nintendo had 'cartoony' graphics because most of the developers for their systems, the Gamecube respectively, saw better potential in the PS2 and the Xbox, therefore, not many chose to develop games that would be considered 'non-cartoony'.

Now that Nintendo has built new relationships with more developers, and at the same time offering a cheap way to develop games, we might be getting more and more non-cartoony games. Personally, I find the games very enjoyable.

But then again, I enjoy Good games, not Well-Done games.

You see, there's a big difference. Well done games are like '50Cent Bullet Proof'. Gorgeous graphics. High-detailed, and a super-colored environment. Music with Dolby sound. Realistic guns and a hyper-responsive control. Even through the game is perfectly made, it is no fun whatsoever. The game is waste of time and money.

Good Games are games like that old forgotten game ‘Guerrilla War’ for the NES. It had only 3 kinds of bullets: A white ball, a red fire and red oval. Those were even for its time mediocre graphics. Player 1 and 2 were exactly the same (except for the color). The music was repetitive but it was enough to make you rage at the enemy. That game, which had nothing exceptional, was SUPERB. It kept you hanging on the edge of your seat from the first minute to the last moment. Fun? HELL YES! Simple? Like none! Addictive? Ask my 8 friends who got hooked by that game after a try.
agrees and bad graphic games arent all bad i mean if revo had no new games id still but it for the dls

BLuweesH
09-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Well from the magazine, it looks kind of bad. But I know it's not, despite the fact I'm more of a Nintendo fan, I still think when Xbox 360, PS3 and Revolution are all together, I still believe the Revolution will be the lightweight, and the other 2 heavyweights. I'm not sure if I'll get in, but I do wanna give a test drive. :)

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 01:37 AM

LOL@YOU

I can see where the controller will come in here, but I still can't say whether many people would rather have it over a GameCube-ish one. But atleast Nintendo has tried something new yet again, I can't wait for the finished model. I do disagree with the above. I really think the Revolution will do pretty well. Its much cheeper than the others, and from what has been announced the Revolution sounds amazing. With its controller, backwards compatibility, Downloadable NES, SNES and N64 games, and many more.

BLuweesH
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
LOL@YOU

I can see where the controller will come in here, but I still can't say whether many people would rather have it over a GameCube-ish one. But atleast Nintendo has tried something new yet again, I can't wait for the finished model. I do disagree with the above. I really think the Revolution will do pretty well. Its much cheeper than the others, and from what has been announced the Revolution sounds amazing. With its controller, backwards compatibility, Downloadable NES, SNES and N64 games, and many more.

You better be right. ;) I'm sick of everyone 'in my face' all the time going on about how ps2 and xbox are the best. :P I wouldn't mind the new controller, although I prefer a Gcube one. But yeh, you better be right...>=] Or else..:eusa_danc

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 01:48 AM
You better be right. ;) I'm sick of everyone 'in my face' all the time going on about how ps2 and xbox are the best. :P I wouldn't mind the new controller, although I prefer a Gcube one. But yeh, you better be right...>=] Or else..:eusa_danc

Or else what? :(

Well, thats just my view. But it does sound like the Revolution could go a very far way. If the controller is a success then theres no reason why it can't do aswell as Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's Playstation 3. Most of my friends have a PS2, but now they would rather have a 360 or Revolution, Mainly due to the long wait and the predicted price for the PS3.

BLuweesH
09-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Or else what? :(

Well, thats just my view. But it does sound like the Revolution could go a very far way. If the controller is a success then theres no reason why it can't do aswell as Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's Playstation 3. Most of my friends have a PS2, but now they would rather have a 360 or Revolution, Mainly due to the long wait and the predicted price for the PS3.

Or else you'll have to find out. ;)

I'd like to agree with you. But Nintendo has always been the underdog. :( I'm a Nintendo fan, but when I play/see other consoles, my view is that playstation always have the best games, and xbox have the best graphics, I couldn't live with xbox controllers lol, it's like a keyboard. :P But ps3 will kick in fast, I just hope Revolution doesn't sink like the N64, it shouldn't, but yeh everything so far about it looks good, let's just hope between the 3, Revolution has the least flaws. ;) Like usual though, Nintendo should be the cheapest. :D:D

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Or else you'll have to find out. ;)

I'd like to agree with you. But Nintendo has always been the underdog. :( I'm a Nintendo fan, but when I play/see other consoles, my view is that playstation always have the best games, and xbox have the best graphics, I couldn't live with xbox controllers lol, it's like a keyboard. :P But ps3 will kick in fast, I just hope Revolution doesn't sink like the N64, it shouldn't, but yeh everything so far about it looks good, let's just hope between the 3, Revolution has the least flaws. ;) Like usual though, Nintendo should be the cheapest. :D:D

Aha, The Nintendo 64 was a great success actually. ;) And yes, the PS3 may have more and better games (Well I like Zelda and stuff like that and its only on Nintendo :P So I'd say Nintendo have better games) But it doesn't have the Revolution controller. :) This will bring alot of different games for Nintendo.

Bear-Max
09-04-2006, 10:52 AM
BLu, the Xbox360 controller is actually the most comfortable and easy to use controller I've ever used - and it's hailed as such by quite a lot of people.

And Neversoft is totally right; before the PlayStation came along, Nintendo had always been king, and even then the N64 was massive.

I'm so looking forward to being able to download Mega Drive games for the Revolution's virtual console. I just hope Streets of Rage and Golden Axe are on there :D

BLuweesH
09-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Aha, The Nintendo 64 was a great success actually. And yes, the PS3 may have more and better games (Well I like Zelda and stuff like that and its only on Nintendo So I'd say Nintendo have better games) But it doesn't have the Revolution controller. This will bring alot of different games for Nintendo.

BLu, the Xbox360 controller is actually the most comfortable and easy to use controller I've ever used - and it's hailed as such by quite a lot of people.

And Neversoft is totally right; before the PlayStation came along, Nintendo had always been king, and even then the N64 was massive.

I'm so looking forward to being able to download Mega Drive games for the Revolution's virtual console. I just hope Streets of Rage and Golden Axe are on there :D

The N64 was a success...to an extent. But after that it's like *boom* down. Don't get me wrong, I liked the N64, but yeh before the Sony Playstation was, yes Nintendo was at the top. Which has slumped Nintendo a bit, but with the DS, Gcube out, and the micro and all their fancy dancy, with the revolution out, they're still pretty impressive.

In regards to the Xbox controller, I sympathise with you that you find it comfortable. Just to me, "I" see it as a much more advanced controller compared to the ps2 and nintendo controllers, but that's not such a bad thing. :P Tis just what I prefer I guess. :P Streets of Rage, I guess you were a fan of that too. Been yonks since I played that, but hey if you're hoping you can download those games onto the Revolution console, the Sonic copyright was sold to the Nintendo, so who knows, mayyyyyybeeee. ;)

Bear-Max
09-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah it's been announced that a big backlog of MegaDrive games are coming to the download service :D

BLuweesH
09-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah it's been announced that a big backlog of MegaDrive games are coming to the download service :D

Oh that's sweet, heck yeh! :D

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 01:31 PM
The N64 was a success...to an extent. But after that it's like *boom* down. Don't get me wrong, I liked the N64, but yeh before the Sony Playstation was, yes Nintendo was at the top. Which has slumped Nintendo a bit, but with the DS, Gcube out, and the micro and all their fancy dancy, with the revolution out, they're still pretty impressive.

Oh my! In my eyes the N64 did very well. Everyone I ask now would say the Playstation one is Crap and Nintendo 64 is much better. Even them being big Fans of the Playstation! :o However, I did think the Nintendo 64 had better Graphics than the Playstation one, But thats seems to have changed over the years. The only time the N64 stoped selling was when new consoles came out. Eg: The GameCube, Xbox and Playstation two.

Dash
09-04-2006, 02:23 PM
+10 points to my Nintendo Reveloution desire lol.
Looks pretty good actually :o

Cubeh
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Wow, looks cool. This just puts my want for the Revolution up about 50 points.
Nice find Fyta.

Flauvo
10-04-2006, 01:14 PM
actually its more likely to be the second as its coming out in autum in the us

3rd to be announced

Condas
19-04-2006, 05:51 PM
i agree with wootzeh
right im gonna compete my consoles
n64 bad graphics
xbox good graphics
ps2 good graphics

n64 beats my ps2 and my xbox yet its the worst graphics
+rep wootzeh and fyta

But But. . . I'm the Console Colecter Here

I Have Game Boy (Old Old Old One) Colour Advance - what got stolen and Adance SP

I Have PSP And PS2
Geting Ds Soon!
Game Cube
Mobile
Used Too Have Psone And 94

And The Graphics Ent That Bad

.... For Nintendo,

Infrontation
20-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Nintendo always go for the kids graphics too be honest with you. The graphics are arcade like and look like something you would see on a cartoon.
Xbox 360 and Ps3 go for more realistic graphics and I would still rather have my 360 after seeing those screenshots! :)

Billabong
20-04-2006, 10:48 AM
To be honest it just looks like an xbox light gun game :rolleyes:

NekkLe
20-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Nintendo always go for the kids graphics too be honest with you. The graphics are arcade like and look like something you would see on a cartoon.
Xbox 360 and Ps3 go for more realistic graphics and I would still rather have my 360 after seeing those screenshots! :)
I agree, if I was going to buy a Nintendo, I wouldn't expect it to be amazing in the graphics department, i'd be getting it to have some fun by slapping cartoon characters "/ I'm not one who really sticks buy these games and tend to go for the more mature games.

HUGECOOL
20-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Xbox 360 and Ps3 go for more realistic graphics and I would still rather have my 360 after seeing those screenshots! Kid graphics? Under what standards have Nintendo opted for 'kid graphics'? No graphics of any one console are 'kiddy'. Maybe they're underpowered, but not kiddy. Developers may have opted to produce cartoon-like games, but that doesn't mean the system itself produces such graphics at peak performance. Take RE:4 and Pikmin from Gamecube, for example. Both games are on the same platform, yet RE:4 tends to look much better. Why? The developer chose to give the game a more graphic-driven gameplay than the developers for Pikmin.

Perhaps its just the bad publicity Nintendo has gotten than makes people jump on the Anti-Nintendo, Nintendo = Kiddy bandwagon and therefore, refuse to accept any future products. People tend to always conform to what the media says and are influenced by other people very easily. It's something that has stopped progression from the beginning.

I agree, if I was going to buy a Nintendo, I wouldn't expect it to be amazing in the graphics department, i'd be getting it to have some fun by slapping cartoon characters "/ I'm not one who really sticks buy these games and tend to go for the more mature games. It depends on what you mean by mature games.

What is a mature game? A game with blood and extreme violence? S'ex? Drug use? These concepts do not neccessarily make a game "mature". Many games that have these themes are very immature. Grand Theft Auto; is this game truly mature? I think not. Is Halo mature? Not really, no (More mature than GTA though). Why? If a game does not promote or encourage using creative, intelligent, and mature ways of playing through the game and doesn't inspire the player to really think, then it really isn't mature. A excellent examle of games that are mature in ESRB rating and game substance are the Metal Gear Solid games. Animal Crossing is an E rated game and I will challenge anyone who thinks this game is immature.

Why is it not immature? The game teaches you responsibility for your actions and teaches you the consequences of not being responsible. You have a house and you have to pay the mortgage. In order to pay it, you must do 'odd jobs' for your friends to earn money. This is a mature game.

Infrontation
21-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Kid graphics? Under what standards have Nintendo opted for 'kid graphics'? No graphics of any one console are 'kiddy'. Maybe they're underpowered, but not kiddy. Developers may have opted to produce cartoon-like games, but that doesn't mean the system itself produces such graphics at peak performance. Take RE:4 and Pikmin from Gamecube, for example. Both games are on the same platform, yet RE:4 tends to look much better. Why? The developer chose to give the game a more graphic-driven gameplay than the developers for Pikmin.

Perhaps its just the bad publicity Nintendo has gotten than makes people jump on the Anti-Nintendo, Nintendo = Kiddy bandwagon and therefore, refuse to accept any future products. People tend to always conform to what the media says and are influenced by other people very easily. It's something that has stopped progression from the beginning.
It depends on what you mean by mature games.

What is a mature game? A game with blood and extreme violence? S'ex? Drug use? These concepts do not neccessarily make a game "mature". Many games that have these themes are very immature. Grand Theft Auto; is this game truly mature? I think not. Is Halo mature? Not really, no (More mature than GTA though). Why? If a game does not promote or encourage using creative, intelligent, and mature ways of playing through the game and doesn't inspire the player to really think, then it really isn't mature. A excellent examle of games that are mature in ESRB rating and game substance are the Metal Gear Solid games. Animal Crossing is an E rated game and I will challenge anyone who thinks this game is immature.

Why is it not immature? The game teaches you responsibility for your actions and teaches you the consequences of not being responsible. You have a house and you have to pay the mortgage. In order to pay it, you must do 'odd jobs' for your friends to earn money. This is a mature game.

Mature games are games that are not like super mario smash or something random like that. eg. Call of Duty 2.
The Nintendo gets games produced for smaller children aswell as older ones.
There is a lot of games in the nintendo department that are 12 or lower. In the xbox 360 department there are far more games with 15/16 or 18 years old. The only games generally that aren't 12 is basically racing games.
I know that there are games for the nintendo consoles that will be mature, but I don't think there will be as many as the 360.

Charles
21-04-2006, 10:28 AM
To be honest it just looks like an xbox light gun game :rolleyes:
Sorry what!?
Nintendo brought out light gun games way before Xbox. >.>

Infrontation
21-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Sorry what!?
Nintendo brought out light gun games way before Xbox. >.>
Wasn't it the arcade that started it off? :P

Charles
21-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Wasn't it the arcade that started it off? :P
Yeah :)
But still, Nintendo had them before Xbox, so how can he say that?

Infrontation
21-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah :)
But still, Nintendo had them before Xbox, so how can he say that?
Yeah I guess, but I aren't him so don't ask me *slap* :P

HUGECOOL
21-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Mature games are games that are not like super mario smash or something random like that. eg. Call of Duty 2.
The Nintendo gets games produced for smaller children aswell as older ones.
There is a lot of games in the nintendo department that are 12 or lower. In the xbox 360 department there are far more games with 15/16 or 18 years old. The only games generally that aren't 12 is basically racing games.
I know that there are games for the nintendo consoles that will be mature, but I don't think there will be as many as the 360.
Wrong. :)

Nintendo's greatest weakness, I believe, is the fact that their games are targetted to everyone. While some games have proved very successful with this tactic, it still gives mainstream gamers the impression that the games are targetted at 12 and younger people.

But think about this- How many,say, Barbie or other toy games are on the PS2? How many on the Gamecube? While Nintendo seems to have the more cartoon-type games, Sony actually does have games targetted at little children. It's something people fail to notice.

Charles
21-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah I guess, but I aren't him so don't ask me *slap* :P
Pffsh :)
*Slaps back*

Infrontation
21-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Wrong. :)

Nintendo's greatest weakness, I believe, is the fact that their games are targetted to everyone. While some games have proved very successful with this tactic, it still gives mainstream gamers the impression that the games are targetted at 12 and younger people.

But think about this- How many,say, Barbie or other toy games are on the PS2? How many on the Gamecube? While Nintendo seems to have the more cartoon-type games, Sony actually does have games targetted at little children. It's something people fail to notice.

I wasn't talking about ps2 <3 The xbox 360.. Let me check some games <3
King Kong 12
Battlefield 2 12
Final Fantasy XI 12
The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion 15
Tomb Raider legend 12
Far cry predator 16
The outfit 15
Tom clancys ghost recon 3: Advanced war fighter 16
Fight night round 3 16
Nhl 2k6 16

All taken from one page of play.com
The only ones in the page that where suitable for those who are under 12 where Football Manager 06' even though a 12 year old would be confused by this game :P and Top spin 2. The only games they can play are sports and driving and not always driving and sports. ie Nhl 2k6 is a 16+

Moving onto the gamecube here is the list of top 10 in the chart.
Sonic Riders 3+
Ice Age 2 7+
Mario Party 7 3+
Fifa street 2 3+
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness 3+
Narnia - THe lion the witch and the wardrobe PG
Mario Smash Football 3+
Odama 7+
Harry potter and the goblet of fire 7+
Prince of persia the two thrones 16+

--
Although the xbox 360 page I listed weren't the top 10 they where all the new releases, I cba finding the top 10 now I have typed it all out <3
But you can understand why people think the nintendo is a children's console.
9/10 of the top 10 chart are suitable for those under the age of 7.

HUGECOOL
21-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I wasn't talking about ps2 <3 The xbox 360.. Let me check some games <3
King Kong 12
Battlefield 2 12
Final Fantasy XI 12
The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion 15
Tomb Raider legend 12
Far cry predator 16
The outfit 15
Tom clancys ghost recon 3: Advanced war fighter 16
Fight night round 3 16
Nhl 2k6 16

All taken from one page of play.com
The only ones in the page that where suitable for those who are under 12 where Football Manager 06' even though a 12 year old would be confused by this game :P and Top spin 2. The only games they can play are sports and driving and not always driving and sports. ie Nhl 2k6 is a 16+

Moving onto the gamecube here is the list of top 10 in the chart.
Sonic Riders 3+
Ice Age 2 7+
Mario Party 7 3+
Fifa street 2 3+
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness 3+
Narnia - THe lion the witch and the wardrobe PG
Mario Smash Football 3+
Odama 7+
Harry potter and the goblet of fire 7+
Prince of persia the two thrones 16+

--
Although the xbox 360 page I listed weren't the top 10 they where all the new releases, I cba finding the top 10 now I have typed it all out <3
But you can understand why people think the nintendo is a children's console.
9/10 of the top 10 chart are suitable for those under the age of 7.
You set some of the ages at 3+, and that is ridiculously young. :/

Not many 3 year olds can play Sonic Riders successfully. They'll play the game, but they can also play 360 titles in that case.

When a game is targetted to the younger audience, the rating will be 'eC' for Early Childhood. However, none of the games you listen for Nintendo have that rating and are either 'E' or 'T', everyone or teen respectively.

What was interesting though was that you weren't completely truthful with the game listing. Half the games you listed aren't in the Top 10 spots. Even though three non-games take up the spot in the listing, the last game should have been mario Smash Football, not Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Infrontation
21-04-2006, 02:18 PM

Not many 3 year olds can play Sonic Riders successfully. They'll play the game, but they can also play 360 titles in that case.

When a game is targetted to the younger audience, the rating will be 'eC' for Early Childhood. However, none of the games you listen for Nintendo have that rating and are either 'E' or 'T', everyone or teen respectively.

What was interesting though was that you weren't completely truthful with the game listing. Half the games you listed aren't in the Top 10 spots. Even though three non-games take up the spot in the listing, the last game should have been mario Smash Football, not Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

I took it off some site Ii found and the age rankings where what they gave on the box not what i though.

HUGECOOL
21-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I took it off some site Ii found and the age rankings where what they gave on the box not what i though.
Which site?

and what's your opinion? ;p

Infrontation
21-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Which site?

and what's your opinion? ;p

http://www.gamestracker.co.uk/cube/chart.htm

Bear-Max
21-04-2006, 04:58 PM

3+ would just be what's on the box.

There's a big difference between what ages the game is targeted at and what age the game allows.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!