PDA

View Full Version : ^ CSS Help please :S ^

NekkLe
08-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Well, just got my new comp yesterday and thought to myself i'm missing something. So I went out today and bought CS: source but i'm getting a problem.

As normally, you go to find servers but for some reason it keeps saying "Could not connect to the master server" ? something like that..

Anyone got any tips or help to give me?

Thanks!

mnbvjifhgtge
08-04-2006, 08:03 PM
try connecting via the servers menu in the main steam window eg not ingame

NekkLe
08-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok, i'll give it a go now, thanks mate.

EDIT: Ok, I tried that and it come up with.."there are no internet games listed oin the master server that pass your filter" :S

Tomush
11-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Where it says 'Change Filters' on the server list, make sure all boxes are clear.

A4AOwen
11-04-2006, 08:19 PM
In the Bottom left hand corner it says Change Filters click that and make sure all boxes are unticked and all boxes are clear then click it again and click Refresh All and a list of servers should come up.

Tomush
12-04-2006, 10:27 AM
basicaly what i said ^_^

NekkLe
13-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Yep, i've done that and it still won't come up with any servers. Its saying 'could not contact the master local server' summin like that. I can add servers to my faveroutes and play them, just can't search for any :S

Tomush
13-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Does that sometimes with me, i just normally play the ones in my favoriates anyway :D

NekkLe
13-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Lol, oke doke, just annoying me because its done it ever since i've got my new comp. I think its because of the router connection, you see the router isn't based directly from my comp so that maybe the answer. My connection and ping is fine, 20-30 but meh.

Jase
13-04-2006, 10:30 PM
That happened earlier with me, It was mainly because my network plug was out of the network socket

I think its something to do with your connection, a firewall or something?

Or try going on google and then load up CS:S.. I normaly have to do that to get a connection :P

NekkLe
13-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Lol, I went on Steam forum and theres routers that don't fully co-operate with steam, it was a load of numbers and it baffeled me so you know, i'm not totally sure about it but still have a rough idea it is. I just have to find servers on my other comp.

Jase
14-04-2006, 09:48 AM
What router do you have?

I searched as well, And my routers got its on sub catergory :s

NekkLe
14-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know what router i have, how do I check what one it is?

Tomush
15-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Lol, oke doke, just annoying me because its done it ever since i've got my new comp. I think its because of the router connection, you see the router isn't based directly from my comp so that maybe the answer. My connection and ping is fine, 20-30 but meh.

Excacly the same problem i have, but i told you what i do ;)

JoeComins
15-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Im installing Source SDK, then I can install CS: Source, but It's been installing SDK for 2 hours yesterday, and 1 hour today.
It was installing CS: Source for 4 hours yesterday - and it didnt finish, so I had to unistall it, because there was an error with Steam.
Its running at 70-something bytes/S
On downloads, my computer runs at 160KB/s
Thats an awful lot different - ( Yes, that is suppose to be bytes )

:-Mystical.Dave-
21-04-2006, 02:57 AM
Some people have problems with their firewall including me, but before my firewall went nuts I added CS:Source to the allowances or allow for it to work so CS works but newer internet absed thigns don't.
Try turning of virus protection/firewall when going on it and it should load.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!