PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about the death Penalty?

Genifer
29-12-2004, 07:24 PM
The death Penalty.

Is it an unfair punishment? Is it cruel and unusual? Should you never take another human life away.

Or is it an eye for an eye, a horrible punishment for a hanis crime?

Kardan
29-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Well i live in the uk so we don't have the death penalty.

But i think the death penalty is wrong.
Even if they have killed 13 ppl. It is wrong.

They should have a life sentence in prison. But at least there are still alive.

For all you know you might have the wrong person.

THta's very unlikely but it could happen.

GommeInc
29-12-2004, 07:32 PM
My views, are. Can america get any stupider?

What is the point, you lost a life then you lose another?
It is brutal and discusting in other cases, electric chair is pointless and horrible I know they killed someone but arent they probably killing someone in a far worse death?

If someone stabbed someone witha knife therefore killing someone, then when the murderer is murdered, wouldn't having your head cut off or be electricuted be a far worse way than be stabbed somewhere where you died instantly?

Pulchritudinous
29-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Well, I think death penalty is good, because they have done the wrong, but there is far worse punishments than death.

Such as prison...

Mentor
29-12-2004, 08:43 PM
death penlty is stupidity, if its incoret there no going back, murder is murder, the person killing someone in an eltric chare is just as bad as being a serial killer. Bush word as aexicutinist, and boast how many people he Murdered or in his words killed, he uses the bible aas justfiction, even thogh that plainly says no one has teh right to kill, AT all.
Prison is a punishmenty, death penlty is just murder full stop.
Bush is president of teh US, so that answers Gommeinc question.

(if anyone iontering gorge bush perfecty fits the description of the anti christ and is in the right time setting, so if there is holocst and amegded hes most likly be the cause, he fit more than 4 other end of teh world profisys)

JadeLestrange
29-12-2004, 09:06 PM
i dont have much to say except: treat people as you wish to be treated
even if someone has murdered people,to use the death penalty on them would be like sinking to their level.Life imprisonment is more helpful because maybe someday,the murderer will feel guilt for what he/she did and then they'd have to suffer flashbacks and mental/sleep problems,which is punishment enough.

Bradd
29-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Wrong.. what happens if they get the wrong person and the thought of someone screaming NOOO And being tied to a chirl cryoing knowing that there gonna be dead in about 2 min in them 2 mins THAT MEANS PAIN! tHINK ABOUT IT? What happens if that person killed somenoe like self defence? DEATH For them.?

Pulchritudinous
29-12-2004, 09:15 PM
i dont have much to say except: treat people as you wish to be treated
even if someone has murdered people,to use the death penalty on them would be like sinking to their level.Life imprisonment is more helpful because maybe someday,the murderer will feel guilt for what he/she did and then they'd have to suffer flashbacks and mental/sleep problems,which is punishment enough.
Exactly what I think.

Butcher11
29-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Kill them. Think about it, what crimes would iccur the death penalty?
Well Scott Peterson murdered his wife, why shouldn't he suffer the ultimate punishment? How about rapists and child molesters? can't tell me you want them back on the streeets in 10 years, after they serve only half of their prison sentence because they showed model behavior. It is proven 95% of all child molesters do it again, so why not kill them to prevent it altogether.
And to the flashback comment- many a murderer or rapist ENJOY those flashbacks, as periods of dominace which they so crave.

Mentor
29-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Kill them. Think about it, what crimes would iccur the death penalty?
Well Scott Peterson murdered his wife, why shouldn't he suffer the ultimate punishment? How about rapists and child molesters? can't tell me you want them back on the streeets in 10 years, after they serve only half of their prison sentence because they showed model behavior. It is proven 95% of all child molesters do it again, so why not kill them to prevent it altogether.
And to the flashback comment- many a murderer or rapist ENJOY those flashbacks, as periods of dominace which they so crave.
So 1 person murders his wife, then teh excuten murders maybe 10 people, complety within the law. Murder is murder what ever siturtion it is in. The death penlty is little more than legal murder.
A chrmical imbalce in the brain, causes pedefiles, mental and phyctric help is what they need, not some sicko to kill them by eltricution, an excutionist is a murder and in no less degree than a cerial killer.

-JT-
29-12-2004, 10:44 PM
to be honest i dont care in the slightest but mentor the exocutioner is a machiene

Mentor
29-12-2004, 10:47 PM
A machen only does what its told to, pushing a button or sitching a swich is littel diffnce frok going start at em with an axe.

Corey777
29-12-2004, 10:56 PM
I am actually not against the death penalty. Just as Butcher said, if you have a psyco in prison that is given 10-20 years in prison, they will get out and do it again.
The internet is playing a big role today and is increasing the number of pedafiles. How? Chat rooms. Pedafiles meet other Pedafiles. A conversation between the two mite be: So, molest anyone this week? Reply: Only one, but I think the family is having a breakdown. Sick people that haven't done anything yet, can be more encouraged to do so.

Even if it is murder, it must be done.

Think for a moment.

One more pedafile killed. Or 5 more children killed?

The death penalty is also in place to discourage and frighten people from molesting a child.

So yes, I am for the death penalty.

Genifer
29-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Corey777, as humans do we have the right to take ANOTHER LIFE away?

Corey777
29-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Naturally, the answer would be no.

It is not looked upon as a right.

It should be looked upon as something that SOMETIMES under SOME circumstances MUST be done.

If you don't, won't that just be taking more people's lives? CHILDREN'S lives!

Mentor
29-12-2004, 11:32 PM
So who says when iit MUST be done and when it shoulnt be one, does anyoen truly have the right to take anotehs life. I serisoly dont see any diffence betwwn murdering a kiler and murdering an inccent person, its still murdrer ether way you look at it.
Image if your parent, got convicted of somthing he didnt do, and got teh death pently, i dount you would be so happy with it then, if it wasnt teh death penlty there woudl at least still be hope of an appeal

Corey777
30-12-2004, 12:16 AM
So who says when iit MUST be done and when it shoulnt be one, does anyoen truly have the right to take anotehs life. I serisoly dont see any diffence betwwn murdering a kiler and murdering an inccent person, its still murdrer ether way you look at it.
Image if your parent, got convicted of somthing he didnt do, and got teh death pently, i dount you would be so happy with it then, if it wasnt teh death penlty there woudl at least still be hope of an appeal

So, basically your theory is: Better to have 5-10 more kids murdered than to convict and give ONE pedafile the death penalty.

And I have only heard of one case my WHOLE life that has involved someone being sent to prision for something they didn't do.

Either way, in my eyes, better to give the pedafile the death penalty than to let him free to kill more.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Put teh pedo in prison and give them phyctric help no one gets murded. tehy woudl go to rpison in death penty, so ither no one dies. its just an excuse to kill, but within the law, sadam ragime did horrible things, american is currantly doing exsactly the same, possibly worse.

Corey777
30-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Put teh pedo in prison and give them phyctric help no one gets murded. tehy woudl go to rpison in death penty, so ither no one dies. its just an excuse to kill, but within the law, sadam ragime did horrible things, american is currantly doing exsactly the same, possibly worse.

Heh, we would have prison overloads ;).

Seriously thinking now,

Where would that money come from? Phyciatric help is very expensive.

There is always a chance of breakouts. But very unlikely.

This may be hypocritical for me, but would it not be easier to just execute them rather than spending time feeding and giving them help?

Mentor
30-12-2004, 12:39 AM
many other contrsy isn the world manage it. Athogh america is seen as oen of teh formost contrys, its is actaly behind oin many ways from others.

Corey777
30-12-2004, 12:48 AM
many other contrsy isn the world manage it. Athogh america is seen as oen of teh formost contrys, its is actaly behind oin many ways from others.

Yes, that is true.

I think I am going to refrain ffrom my first post to support my opinion.

If someone has murdered and molested other people, I believe they should be given the same punishment, besides the molesting part.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 01:00 AM
But is death a punismnt? or just an excuste for someone else to murder, once your dead your dead. your not going to cair, ist not realy a punismnt, its jsut killing

Corey777
30-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Why would America WANT to kill someone. When their dead their dead. Thats what they want. No one will be molested by that being ever again. It is really just an efficient way to help stop pedafiles.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 01:29 AM
supringly the death penlty doesnt just apply to pedofiles. all its is moe murder. if you went and shot some one, youd probly get the death penlty. but they may as well be randomlyt shhoting them, theres no diffenc in it. its just more murder, by that logic the excutier, perosn whop pshs the butten or comistiner also desrev sthe death penlty, meain a pointless cyles of death, isyt just avoded by saying thats time killing is ok. i dont think illing or murder should EVER be ok

Corey777
30-12-2004, 01:51 AM
The death penalty is not used often.

If someone goes and shoots someone, the penalty is most often a Jail Sentence, not the death penalty. It is only used when the crime that was commited wasv very bad.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:01 AM
The death penalty is not used often.

If someone goes and shoots someone, the penalty is most often a Jail Sentence, not the death penalty. It is only used when the crime that was commited wasv very bad.
in most contry shooting some is counted as very very bad, athogh i suppoe in america its happens alot.
I still dont get how letting everyone have a wepon maks people safer...

Anyway i still dont think killing someone can be justfied by saying thay killed, unless your going for the eye for an eye idea, in wich case teh new testint says you will be going to hell for.

Im strongly opposed to teh death penlty. Killing a defnces person is wrong in any way shape or form, self deafnec, killing can be justfided, butteh death penlty seem far mor elike being just for the hell of it

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:08 AM
Shooting someone is very bad in any Developed country.

But how often do you see someone given the death penalty for shooting someone?

The death penalty should be used in cases like child molesting only.

If you heard about the Cecilia Zhang incident, for you Canadians, she was slaughtered by a Chinese college student. She was 9 years old!

He did not recieve the death penalty. Although part of me says he should have, and part of me not.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:13 AM
Most people who murder, dont do it becuse they want to. ist not realy there falt in many ways, a mental illeness can drive someoen to kill, yet ist not there falt, if they dont think there doing anything wrong, any punismnt given will seem as if its for nothing. what is need in most case is phyctric help, and posibly a palce in a mental isntution,
killing them solves nothing, it just means u kill every one that comes, up and ther wil ALWAYS be more. finding out how to cure mental illness and phyctric problems would result in the problesm being dectbale maybe even at brith, and allowing pople to love normal lifes? thats would be good. but killing what does that solve?

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:16 AM
Most people who murder, dont do it becuse they want to. ist not realy there falt in many ways, a mental illeness can drive someoen to kill, yet ist not there falt, if they dont think there doing anything wrong, any punismnt given will seem as if its for nothing. what is need in most case is phyctric help, and posibly a palce in a mental isntution,
killing them solves nothing, it just means u kill every one that comes, up and ther wil ALWAYS be more. finding out how to cure mental illness and phyctric problems would result in the problesm being dectbale maybe even at brith, and allowing pople to love normal lifes? thats would be good. but killing what does that solve?

Not quite,
Yes, many have illnesses, which is why when in court, they tell the judge about their illness and are normally let off the hook for the most part.
But there are some sick oens that put children up for ransom for the money.

For them, I feel deserve an extreme punishment.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Not quite,
Yes, many have illnesses, which is why when in court, they tell the judge about their illness and are normally let off the hook for the most part.
But there are some sick oens that put children up for ransom for the money.

For them, I feel deserve an extreme punishment.

They may have had tromas as a child , or broght up in a way that giev them the opion and moralty that was right. if they dont veiw it as wrong, then they are proscuted bliveing they are insecnet.
Right and wrong are in the eyes of the beholder, a good exprssion for this idea is "one mans terrist is another mans freedom fighter"

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:27 AM
If they had been brought up that it was morally right, this shouldnt meen a thing. If the law says that killing is illegal, then shouldnt that stop them?

Another saying comes into play. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:30 AM
If there broght up in a soity that belive tahst it is morally right, they would exspct it to. if they didin want oit to happen to them, they therefor woulnt blive in it being a right thing.
Theres always a motive behind actaions, however hard it may be to see, they dont do it becuse they thogh to themslevs "hey i got an idea, lets go commit and act of unspekable evil for no apprnt reason" or at least i hope for mankinds sake they dont

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:35 AM
If there broght up in a soity that belive tahst it is morally right, they would exspct it to. if they didin want oit to happen to them, they therefor woulnt blive in it being a right thing.
Theres always a motive behind actaions, however hard it may be to see, they dont do it becuse they thogh to themslevs "hey i got an idea, lets go commit and act of unspekable evil for no apprnt reason" or at least i hope for mankinds sake they dont
But are we not looking at this point at a view of killing not being accepted?

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:44 AM
This is starting to go on to teh subject of the good and evil debate?.
I see your point thogh.
From my moral point of veiw, killing someone who is know thret to you, is wrong. self defence killing i can understand.
Athogh id say touture is a far worse crime than killing, as tourture is far worse than death. wich is oen reson im hugly againt alot of the new teims laws as people are being held without trial. and torute as bad as what sadam did, is happening in the US, or at least quntniomo bay.

But from your own argumnt, if killing is wrong, then its also woirng to kill someone for killing. killing someone for killing is contridting itslef by saying killing is right? but then its wrong as well?

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:48 AM
Lol, confusing, but I understand. That would seem to be the answer. But aren;t there exceptions as you said? E.g. Self Defence? I meen, if you were the father of a little girl who was raped and killed and you found out the guy who did it was going to serve 10 years and get out, wouldnt you be steamed?

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:58 AM
But is sinking to his level realy the answer?
10 years in prson would be usless, 10 years of counsling and mental help would, duriung this tiem afetr coming to terms with there own action, the guilt felt would be far far worse than any punismnt that could be given to them. If the felt no remorse, it odes nt show eveil but more taht they are seriosly ill in the head, wich with teh compleity of the brain is easly posibe, to have the compelt inhanblty to feel remorse. mental help, and an instutiure for teh crimanly insain would be the only real option. If they felt no remores then they wouldnt feel guilt, they woudl not understand teh consepts of what they have done. Keeping them out of the mainstre woudl be the best action. killing them when they think ther inccent would be wrong.

Corey777
30-12-2004, 03:02 AM
I think the mental institute would be the best idea. Set a minimum amount of time to be in there, then if they pass some tests and are better, they are released but closely watched. If they are not better by this time, keep them in for longer. Now it makes sense to me, but I still think it would cost a lot of money.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:26 PM
It usealy is an exspencive option. But i still think it is a far better method. Of dealing with the problems rather than just getting rid of them.

Butcher11
31-12-2004, 02:34 PM
But is sinking to his level realy the answer?
10 years in prson would be usless, 10 years of counsling and mental help would, duriung this tiem afetr coming to terms with there own action, the guilt felt would be far far worse than any punismnt that could be given to them. If the felt no remorse, it odes nt show eveil but more taht they are seriosly ill in the head, wich with teh compleity of the brain is easly posibe, to have the compelt inhanblty to feel remorse. mental help, and an instutiure for teh crimanly insain would be the only real option. If they felt no remores then they wouldnt feel guilt, they woudl not understand teh consepts of what they have done. Keeping them out of the mainstre woudl be the best action. killing them when they think ther inccent would be wrong.

Most of them are beyond help by now, you can't brainwash them. Listen, if my daughter was molested by some 40 year old pedo, if he got say 20 years or so(meaning 10 becuase of model behvior), I kill him, and I wouldn't feel guilty about it. People seriously ill in the head should be institutionalized before they kill, but after, too bad, they've killed, so now they'll die. If someone doesnt feel remorse, the more often they comit murders, the less remorse they feel.

Mentor
31-12-2004, 03:58 PM
If you kill without remores, truly you are just as bad as any other murderer.
No one is beoned help. Pedofiles, have a chemical imablnce in the brain, wich cuases them to be attracted to the wrong age groups. They cant help that, its like balmeing someone for small ears? The death penlty fear in my belife cause pedos more than stop them. Without them more pedos would turn them slevs in before they did any actaion, and ask for help with teh problems, from a phyctric and medical basis. but isnted due to these lawas ifd they did, they probly think your going to kill them.
So carry on until they do do somthing horrible. Then get killed, and the cyecle then continues.

Matty
31-12-2004, 09:02 PM
I Think If SomeBody Murders Another Person
The Death penalty is good
Because You Killed soemone you should be killed in return for killing the other person

Mentor
31-12-2004, 09:45 PM
I Think If SomeBody Murders Another Person
The Death penalty is good
Because You Killed soemone you should be killed in return for killing the other person
So after the murders killed, the exuctioner (perosn who swiched the swich) must also be kiled by that logic, and that perosn in term must be killed, until everyoens dead. Wow you make a great contry leader <_<
Would the same applay to soldures, police etc? by your logic it would
( well youd still be better than bush, but thats not saying much)

nvrspk4
31-12-2004, 10:02 PM
This is an interesting topic. I refuse to read all teh replies because taht would change my reply and I would feel unsure on whether I should even reply.

So anyway, the death penalty, Why not?!?! People kill hundreds, why can't they lose THEIRS? Plus, in prison you have the chance to escape! That causes major problems. Also there are jail overcrowdings! What is the purpose of living life in jail? Taking up more space and food? The only possible problem could be people abusing this rite and using the death penalty unfairly. Still I see no reason to ban it.

Corey777
31-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, Thats exactly what I think. A waste of space in jail. And its either the death penalty. Or that person will go and kill mroe people.

Mentor
01-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Supporting somthing is often consided as bad as doing it. So killing hundereds of killers, is alrigt? yet if a person killed anotehr murders they are still in the wrong. yet there allowed to do it if there exuters who get told when there allowed. There still murders in my opinon.

You say kill them as they jsut take up food and space? Why not go on a rampage and kill of oold people and disabled people? thats seems like a graet idea? <_<
If your religios and support teh death penlty, by the bibels own deffintion, you will be going to what ever hell you blive in.

Corey777
01-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Not really, its the law..

And old/disabled people are not a waste of space. They havent wronged anyone, so what would be the point of killing them?

G-flow
01-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Death penalty is wrong, no matter what sum1 did. its not nice at all

Corey777
01-01-2005, 08:07 PM
So, basically, if we had a modern day Hitler, it would be wrong to give him the death penalty?

Sketti
01-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Saddam Hussien is supposed to getting the death penalty I don't know whether he has or not?

Mentor
01-01-2005, 08:57 PM
So, basically, if we had a modern day Hitler, it would be wrong to give him the death penalty?

No deffuinty not. its a commonly belive that bacue of teh harsh versy treatsy and teh germansy state, after the war. (idots french brits etc are) The if hitler haddent started ww2 someone else would. if he had been removed would it have solved anything? Nope.
Hitler himslef athogh unaware is part jew, turned on the jews as it gave teh contry someone to blame for there troubles, wich was easyer, as the jewish had alot of the top jobs due to a good gentic jean pool, athogh there religos techisng are to teh exstant it was wrong for them to marry those who were not alos jewish, wich casued segttion wich was anotehr reason hitler targeted them.

Killintg hitler would mroe likly have casue teh outcome to be even worse, as it would have given them a marten and cause a posiblky even more exstarm ruler to take power isnted.

Killing doesnt solve anything. Even hitler could not kill without being ill (fact) if u codl kil hiom thats would make you WORSE than hitler. Keep that i mind

-=rooty987=-
01-01-2005, 09:22 PM
This is the chain of murder:

Kills one ,
Enjoys
Kills Another,
This is getting fun
Kills more,
Becoming normal
Kills Loads,
Everyone does it why shouldnt i!

Now look at the chain of drugs

Takes one sniff,
Enjoys
Takes another sniff,
I am starting to lyk this
Snifs More and More,
This is just a hobbie
Snifs Loads,
Hmmm My friends shud join me!

See they are the same type of pattern. They are both cravings! If a murderer goes without hurting someone they will crave and probably just strangle someone in the street. Same with a druggy if they dont get the drugs they will kill the drug dealer for them.

Simple as that,

If someone kills someone i think they should not be put on the electric chair but hung or torn limb by limb to make them suffer for what they did. Even a rapist. If a man rapes a young girl the young girl will be haunted for all of her life. Imagine that, having to hide under the covers at night having to have your Mum or Dad walk you up the stairs, they dont ujust cause physical pain they make people live a nightmare and not a life.

Mentor
01-01-2005, 09:38 PM
This is the chain of murder:

Kills one ,
Enjoys
Kills Another,
This is getting fun
Kills more,
Becoming normal
Kills Loads,
Everyone does it why shouldnt i!

Now look at the chain of drugs

Takes one sniff,
Enjoys
Takes another sniff,
I am starting to lyk this
Snifs More and More,
This is just a hobbie
Snifs Loads,
Hmmm My friends shud join me!

See they are the same type of pattern. They are both cravings! If a murderer goes without hurting someone they will crave and probably just strangle someone in the street. Same with a druggy if they dont get the drugs they will kill the drug dealer for them.

Simple as that,

If someone kills someone i think they should not be put on the electric chair but hung or torn limb by limb to make them suffer for what they did. Even a rapist. If a man rapes a young girl the young girl will be haunted for all of her life. Imagine that, having to hide under the covers at night having to have your Mum or Dad walk you up the stairs, they dont ujust cause physical pain they make people live a nightmare and not a life.
so we have a new chain

kill's
Gets killed
Gets killed becuse killed a killer
Get killed becuse he killed a killers killer
Etc etc etc etc.

somhow i doubt that wil be particlay helpful. Plus a fact most people who murder dont enjoy it. Ist more often in a fit of rage, or when there no tmeiang to kill but thers an accidnt, most deeply regret it. Killing thems just craeting a new murder, but the new murder is just a killer there a phycopaths as tehy ahev no remose for there actions

Mined
02-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Its Cruel

Mined
In a way its Cruel but its quick in some cases

Mined
However in some cases its Slow

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!