PDA

View Full Version : Healthy?

Piipp
09-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I spoke to my Step Mum about my diet and she gave me some advice on what to have in my packed lunches to replace the junk I eat now-

White bread sandwiches become pasta mixed with my favourite meat, eggs, and salad cream.

Crisps and chocolate become energizing peanuts, satsumas, and raisins.

Coca Cola becomes water and Ribena.

How healthy will that be, especially in comparison to my old diet? (Plus it'll hopefully make me thinner than I am, not that I need it)

Chaz
09-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I spoke to my Step Mum about my diet and she gave me some advice on what to have in my packed lunches to replace the junk I eat now-

White bread sandwiches become pasta mixed with my favourite meat, eggs, and salad cream.

Crisps and chocolate become energizing peanuts, satsumas, and raisins.

Coca Cola becomes water and Ribena.

How healthy will that be, especially in comparison to my old diet? (Plus it'll hopefully make me thinner than I am, not that I need it)
Ribena has more sugars than coke. ;] get ribina lite, sure it tastes like crap, but its alright!

Playgirl
09-04-2006, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't eat peanuts either. Reeeally high cal and fat!

Chaz
09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't eat peanuts either. Reeeally high cal and fat!
They have a slow release of energy, there very good for you ;]

Piipp
16-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Peanuts are low in fat, like my Step Mum and Chaz- said, they provide energy over time, that way I'll hopefully eat less. :P

Ribena DOESN'T have more sugar then coke... NOTHING has more sugar than coke... Not Coca Cola anyway, which is what I drink...

Mentor
16-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Ill stick to my diet of greesy fatty fryed foods combined with chocolate sweets and eveything though to be unhealthy i think :)
Due to a slight flaw in the logic used to determin how dieting works, due to compleaty over looking how the body actaly chooses and accorbs food in to it, my diet actaly kepst me in perfect health :D
And on that note, im gona go fry me some bacon *lardyness*

ps. Coke doesnt have that much sugar realy, what it does have is caffine :)

emo...
17-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Salted peanuts have loadsa calories but if u get UNSALTED then they dont. Sunflower and Pumpkin seeds are niceas well in pasta, so if u can add some in because they are a good source of NSP (Non-Starch-Polysaacharide) (Fibre) :eusa_clap

Pulchritudinous
18-04-2006, 12:00 AM
You could just have plain old water, or I guess juice if you like your drinks to have a bit of flavour, but ribena is very sugary, look in the ingredients. Unsalted peanuts are better for you, but they taste like **** without salt.
Wholemeal bread is good for you, so instead of white bread changing into pasta, you could just replace the white bread with wholemeal.

Urges
20-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Werent peanuts linked to some sort of cancer?

NekkLe
20-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Its ok to eat peanuts, aslong as you exercise then it'll balance out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!