PDA

View Full Version : ReDead in a Barrel in Super Smash Bros. Melee?

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeh, I'm not sure if this was a rare thing that happened, or if it's common, well to me it's rare, and yeh since I've played it, I've never seen one before, only in adventure.

But, when I was playing with Captain Falcon on Very Hard, when I got to Stage 5, I had to Vs Link and he was up to his usual annoying tricks! :P Being me, I always like cracking boxes and barrels open, even if they do blow up on me...Which is a lot. :P So yeh I cracked one opened and a ReDead came up! o.O lol I wasn't sure what to do, so I just battled Link, till he just sliced it away, lol.

Yeh, my question is, is this meant to happen or something? Or just a rare thing?

I've taken 2 pics with my phone on Pause, sorry about the...quality. :P

But yeh, Link, and ReDead are easy to spot, except maybe in the first pic for ReDead...

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6615/dsc002736nc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1791/dsc002748ao.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah I get them too :P I like picking them up and throwing them at people. xD I don't know if its rare, its happened to me quite alot. It might only happen when Link its playing or something?

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah I get them too :P I like picking them up and throwing them at people. xD I don't know if its rare, its happened to me quite alot. It might only happen when Link its playing or something?

Are you serious? My luck is usually having the barrel as a bomb, or with wands inside...Heh this never happened to me before, I found that really weird. :P Argh when I took the pic, I didn't realise I unpaused it by accident and gah Link killed me as I walked away to get a glass of water.. >_> (Yeh, I had muted the tv as I was listening to music anyway :P)

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Are you serious? My luck is usually having the barrel as a bomb, or with wands inside...Heh this never happened to me before, I found that really weird. :P Argh when I took the pic, I didn't realise I unpaused it by accident and gah Link killed me as I walked away to get a glass of water.. >_> (Yeh, I had muted the tv as I was listening to music anyway :P)

Lmao, trying to beat Link on very hard IS very hard. I tried doing Jiggypuff's rest attack on him, but he kept sliceing me with his sword befor I could even get close to him. You can get them little things you get on the Ice Climbers level in boxes aswell. :D I forgot what they're called.

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Lmao, trying to beat Link on very hard IS very hard. I tried doing Jiggypuff's rest attack on him, but he kept sliceing me with his sword befor I could even get close to him. You can get them little things you get on the Ice Climbers level in boxes aswell. :D I forgot what they're called.

Monsters in barrels, I would have never believed it, till now LOL (since I'm so used to being blown up after smashing them open)

Well, with Link, when he's on Very Hard, you gotta have a good timing for his dodge. His fast on his A moves, but if you're far enough, he'll do a bit of A moves, then try and grab you with his Hookshot, that's where I roll, behind him and then smash him, or if I'm Jigglypuff, do a short jump and then use rest on him. :P That's my tactic, except it's not easy if you're battling him and Young Link and they've surrounded you.. <.<

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Monsters in barrels, I would have never believed it, till now LOL (since I'm so used to being blown up after smashing them open)

Well, with Link, when he's on Very Hard, you gotta have a good timing for his dodge. His fast on his A moves, but if you're far enough, he'll do a bit of A moves, then try and grab you with his Hookshot, that's where I roll, behind him and then smash him, or if I'm Jigglypuff, do a short jump and then use rest on him. :P That's my tactic, except it's not easy if you're battling him and Young Link and they've surrounded you.. <.<

I don't usually get blown up that much. :P Another two characters that annoy me are Fox and Falco, I hate that kicking attack they do and they're so fast, I just can't beat them.

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't usually get blown up that much. :P Another two characters that annoy me are Fox and Falco, I hate that kicking attack they do and they're so fast, I just can't beat them.

Attack when they're about to come to you, that way they'll either try and attack you but fail since you attack first, or they'll block/roll...

My way is like Link, they're like Link except more speed... I usually roll behind them, but yeh sometimes they get me, lol. But yeh they're a nice challenge. I still like Falco over Fox, only cause Falco is the version of Fox from the original Super Smash Brothers.

EDIT - Oh man, I just noticed I can't see my screenies! I've had this problem with some screenies across the forum too, people can see them but I can't, lol... :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!