PDA

View Full Version : [Logo] information?

craigg.
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Hello there fellow members of Habbox,

As you may have seen the thread where I sold a layout, Well in return of that thread, I had an offer of a domain name, plus a domain name of my choice. My choice now is to make a tutorial web site, Damo's Designs does have a tutorial section, But this domain chance has gave me bigger, advanced approach.

I will be designing a fully interactive web site, log-in system, RSS feeds, CMS, AMS and much more. As well as it being a tutorial web site, it will consist of free downloads, and premium downloads (as of where you have to pay). You're thinking "what about Damo's designs?" - Damo's designs will then be replaced, being a portfolio, and, custom made website's, as of request.

I have finished designing a WIP logo, and I may expand on the logo. (Sorry for the size, I was working in 66%, then I noticed once I had finished and opened the image that it was huge.) So far, I have 3 people (including myself) creating tutorials. I will be covering web site development, and also Photshop.

As well as this being a tutorial web site, there will also be a downloads section. I will be creating photoshop brushes, CMS, AMS, and other random scripts in which you may find useful.

Purpose of the thread?

I was wanting critiques on the Logo, and I was also asking on tutorials. You do not need to submit tutorials, as I'm sure the three of us can manage mostly all aspects of the web site. For all the pixel artists out there, I may write a few basic tutorials on how to use photoshop to create some quick techniques.

I'm hoping for the web site to be either in ASP, or PHP with a MySQL back end. Most of the information (such as tutorials) will be submitted into a row of the database, and then I will use PHP to get that information from the row. (this is allot safer if the web site goes down, as I can save the database periodically.

I'm not sure if there is any more information to add to this thread, If you have any problems/questions, please feel free to contact me.

The logo is shown below:
http://www.damosdesigns.com/logo/astarlogo.gif

- Craig.

JoeComins
12-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I hate the logo. I like the side of the stars behgind, but they need work.

The ideas are good, but I really dont like it.

I think this is some of your worst work - sorry

craigg.
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
I try to keep my idea's unique, coming up with new idea's every template I create. I agree, The stars out the side do need work, But it does get hard using the pen tool ;)

The domain name, may be changing. Therfore, I will keep you updated with the latest information and the logo.

Thank you Joe for replying.

- Craig.

Mentor
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Im gona have to go with joe, thats one ugly logo "/

D3stroyer
12-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Hmm, i don't really like the Logo, not that i can make any better or anything.
Well done for trying though!

Daza

JoeComins
12-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Im gona have to go with joe, thats one ugly logo "/
Nice one Carl. you just know the right things to say

Mentor
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Nice one Carl. you just know the right things to say
If he wanted an honest opinion, i gave him one "/

craigg.
12-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Indeed, I'm always open for critiques.

I created another version of a logo;
http://www.damosdesigns.com/logo/astarlogo2.gif

- Craig.

Apache
12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
The second logos are much better than the first one; it looks as it has more work put into it.

Mentor
12-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Second is an improvement, but i still dont like it, Stars dont work for me "/ and the text in the second one looks to tacked on "/

JoeComins
12-04-2006, 04:32 PM
I agree completly

Hate the stars idea and especailly the scan lines ''/

MattUH
12-04-2006, 04:35 PM
i like the logo, its like none i have seen before and could go with many websites.

JoeComins
12-04-2006, 04:35 PM
There is a reason it's like none you've seen . . .

MattUH
12-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Yuh well what ever you say i like it ^_^

The colours seem stylish {to me} and modern which would make it go with any layout nearly and theme.

Rob
12-04-2006, 04:39 PM
There is a reason it's like none you've seen . . .
lol Joe.

I'm not too fond on the 1st logo, 2nd one's an improvement, and I quite like it.

I have a few Photoshop tutorials I wrote myself for a tutorial site my friend was making, but he didn't make it in the end, and I have no plans of making a tutorial site. So, if you want them, I'll send you them.

- Rob \m/

JoeComins
12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
The second ones arnt as bad as the first, but they are just too immautre, undeveloped, and look horrible

Mentor
12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Yuh well what ever you say i like it ^_^

The colours seem stylish {to me} and modern which would make it go with any layout nearly and theme.
o.0 please point me to a layout that would go will with as i actaly cant imagine one...

JoeComins
12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
o.0 please point me to a layout that would go will with as i actaly cant imagine one...
Carl: The king of wit <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!