PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio Layout - WIP

Rob
12-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi,

I've been working on a layout for my art portfolio, and I feel there's something not quite right on it. If you could give me some tips on how to improve it, I'd be grateful.

http://i2.tinypic.com/vcrqyx.png

Many thanks,
Rob

DaveTaylor
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
i like it

Rob
12-04-2006, 10:34 PM
i like it
:o Thanks :)

tbh imo no m8
12-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Hmm bottom looks alittle plain add a small footer? Apart from that nice :) +rep

Mentor
12-04-2006, 11:23 PM
i dont think the anime charciter in the background of the header realy fits, plus that could lead to legal issues unless you own rights to the charciter or have the owners permission for its use "/

Craig
13-04-2006, 08:18 AM
That is a great layout.

Rob
13-04-2006, 09:11 AM
i dont think the anime charciter in the background of the header realy fits, plus that could lead to legal issues unless you own rights to the charciter or have the owners permission for its use "/
My friend drew the anime character, and the anime character was meant to be me (when I had long hair). I just wanted to look for some art to put on the header.

Thanks guys,
Rob

Sygon.
13-04-2006, 02:59 PM
The good thing about it is the idea is good, but how you made it could of been better i do like it but im gonna say a few things, im no expert but i may say somethings that can help you.

1. SMALL LAYOUTS GRR go for 800 x 600 atleast
2. go for clean if not proffesioanl if its going to be your portfolio
people arnt going to buy from you for example if you have what i call
the 'hard graphic layout' :P
3. the anime chracter opacity is too low keep it how it is
4. the text van gough quote is too small and in a bad font
5 maybe resize the title
6. buttons imo too big

but as i said the idea is great so if you work from what i said it could be even greater than it is

beddy
13-04-2006, 06:42 PM
roooob :P i like your work , its good , i especialy liek this one but to tell yout he truth he anime character is a bit outta place , apart form that 10/10

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!