PDA

View Full Version : "New" Green Day

Finchie
14-04-2006, 04:08 AM
What do you guys think of Green Day's new stuff? Personally I think it's crap. I liked them ALOT more before American Idiot came out.

Foks
14-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Yes.. Greenday's new Stuff is utter Crap. I didn;t like their old stuff and i generally hate them, but their new stuff Is just.. BAD..

Colourfulâ„¢
14-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I think they're better now...

Craig
14-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Nah I hate them now they used to be alot better before they turned poppy. What you get though is this greenday 'fans' who think they knew what greenday were like before but only started listening to them when this new crap came out.

Adam$
14-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I liked the 'old' greenday. Basket Case and Longview are much better than American Idiot and Holiday..

Foks
14-04-2006, 11:14 AM
I think they're better now...

May i ask why? ;\

The new stuff is listened to by Chav rockers.
Or 11 year olds who have just learned there is something other than chico to listen to..
;\

I hate them, but i agree that their old stuff is better

But by all means listen to them, it has no impact on my life :]

Pawf
14-04-2006, 11:18 AM
May i ask why? ;\

Or 11 year olds who have just learned there is something other than chico to listen to..
;\

Agree with you totally, apart from the last bit. I would rephrase it as "Don't listen to them because it has a huge impact on my life because you offend me"

Charlie
14-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I can't say i've much of their old stuff, but i think they are both good. The old stuff is better, but the newer stuff is okay too.

RedStratocas
14-04-2006, 12:57 PM
I must say this every time this is brought up... Dookie is their best album... it isnt even a competion with any other.

And really, it isnt the actuall band that gets me mad, its the fans. The ones who request green day songs when they were just played on the radio. The ones who werent aware that green day has been around before american idiot (and once they figure it out, they dont even try listening older stuff because it would be 'out of date')

Anyway, if they go back to singing about drinking chemicals, ************ and watching too much TV, I will be forever happy. Not getting my hopes up though.

Jim Rotates
14-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Their new stuff annoys me because it was over-played to death. I'm not overly-mad about their old stuff either although Longview is a piece of genius. Hitchin' A Ride is fab too. I personally prefer blink-182 and Sugarcult tbh...

mynameishelen!
14-04-2006, 01:07 PM
I like their old and most of their new.
But I prefer the old :]

JoeyK.
14-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Honestly, I don't like ANY Green Day, but if I had to choose, it'd be the older ones... The new ones annoy the heck out of me -.-

Foks
14-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Agree with you totally, apart from the last bit. I would rephrase it as "Don't listen to them because it has a huge impact on my life because you offend me"

Well said ;D

~Hilton~
14-04-2006, 08:06 PM
If you listen to the older stuff and the newer stuff, musically, they havent changed that much. However, the old stuff kills AI, songs like Hitchin' A Ride, Longview, When I Come Around, Minority, Good Riddance, Brain Stew, Pulling Teeth, Basketcase, The Grouch, and dare I say...king for a day... those few songs just blow American Idiot out of the water. But still, they havent changed too much in my opinion.

RedStratocas
14-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh, theyve changed a lot. Now their songs have meaning-- what the hell? I liked it when they were about nothing... now its political.

Finchie
15-04-2006, 02:32 AM
May i ask why? ;\

;\

I agree with you 110% in America atleast 1-5 people are obsessed with Greenday because they learned that there is other music than rap or pop.

punk_rock_rachy
15-04-2006, 03:16 AM
I think that Green Day were better when they were big in the 90's.

But...I like AI too...

I think the lyrics Billie has written are a lot more mature and show deeper emoticons....I think that Holiday is great song lyrically...Not-so-much musically...I don't really like that tune all that much...But I think it describes really well how young men join the army to get away...they think it will be a holdiday...and then they get there and the reality hits them...It's not pretty..

I agree about the fans though...but so what if they like a bit more different kinds of music...I mean its better than only sticking to ONE type of music...that would be boring...Anyway...It's thier life...It doesnt concern me lol. <333

:dallsgreen
15-04-2006, 02:16 PM
I agree that their new stuff is garbage, they used to be so much better before

Sly
15-04-2006, 02:19 PM
What do you guys think of Green Day's new stuff? Personally I think it's crap. I liked them ALOT more before American Idiot came out.

I agree with you!

Billabong
17-04-2006, 06:42 AM
To be honest I dont see the problem with American Idiot, Yes the old stuff is fabulous and brilliant but I feel that SOME of the new stuff is too.

majesticdragon
22-04-2006, 02:21 PM
i dnt dislike them but i dnt love them i think my chemical romance are much better

i

issaa.
22-04-2006, 08:26 PM
the new stuff was okay when it first came out but then it just became overplayed and boring, the old stuff is alot better.

Jordan3
22-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I must say this every time this is brought up... Dookie is their best album... it isnt even a competion with any other.

I definately agree.

I like a few songs on "American Idiot", but none of them were released.. actually now I only like one, and that is St. Jimmy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!