PDA

View Full Version : CS:S Tutorial: How To Stop Downloading Sounds

Tomush
15-04-2006, 01:32 PM
This Tutorial Was Based Around A Tutorial On The SteamPowered.com Forums.

1. First of all open up notepad and copy and paste this code into it : cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"

2. Once you have done that goto File > Save and in the 'Save as Type' box click to make it show 'All Files'

3. Once you have made it do that save the notepad as autoexec.cfg

4. Now this is the tricky part, you have to save it to your cfg folder. So DONT save it to my Documents. My Computer > Local Disk ( Or C: Drive ) > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > There will be a folder with your steam name on it click that > counter-strike source > cstrike > cfg.

5. Once you have saved it into that folder it should disable you from automatically downloading sounds from servers.

6. The way to check you have done it correctly is to do this. Load up CS:S > Join a server > Get up your console by clicking the button left of your number '1' key ( ESC > Options > Keyboard > Advanced > Enable Console [ if you havnt already enabled it ] ).

7. When you have your console up type copy and paste this code into it > cl_downloadfilter

8. If you have done it correctly it will come up with This Code > ] cl_downloadfilter
"cl_downloadfilter" = "nosounds" ( def. "all" )
archive
- Determines which files can be downloaded from the server (all, none, nosounds)

9. Just to let you know, this will work on CS:S, DoD:S and HL2

If you need anymore help on how to do this PM me

Until then, Happy Owning

Tom.

P.S: Yes, i am Tom. off Habbo-Positive forum.

timROGERS
15-04-2006, 02:03 PM
I like this. By the way, it will work on any online game that uses the Source engine.

Tomush
15-04-2006, 02:10 PM
i believe it might yes.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!