PDA

View Full Version : The "Money Saver"

Bouncing
15-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey,
This is well thought out I guess.
What this is, is, you know when you buy cred's and you have some left over even if it's 1 cred. You don't really want to waste it you want to save it. BEFORE you even mention you can just keep it in your purse then duh, no because when you keep buying cred's it will go on top of that and it won't work out as good as I want it to. So what I would do is make a option were you can save your money in the money saver and it could build up!
Heres a little alteration I did not very good critisize if you want rep IF I deserve it :P http://www.picfury.com/p/Money saver icon-1-th.JPG (http://www.picfury.com/p/Money saver icon-1.html)

FlyingJesus
15-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Gain interest on "spare" credits? Could be easily abused - buy loads of credits and get loads extra from this saver. Also, why would Sulake want to implement something that would
a) Take a lot of programming
b) Be expensive to maintain (management etc.)
c) Cost them money without making them any
?

Bouncing
15-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Good point, the points you said, I thought of, but what the heck critism leads to success!

ReviewDude
19-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Your basic idea seems to be what banks call 'interest'. The basic principal is that the bank uses your money to buy things, so their reward to you is around 5% (cumulative) of your total account being put on top. They do this to keep you interested, because they need your money.

Now, Habbo. Habbo Hotel does not spend credits. They need you to buy them, sure, but once that's done, they no longer care. Far away from attracting more people to buy more credits, it'll STOP people buying as many credits.

Oh, and don't ask for rep <3

superstar911
20-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Gain interest on "spare" credits? Could be easily abused - buy loads of credits and get loads extra from this saver. Also, why would Sulake want to implement something that would
a) Take a lot of programming
b) Be expensive to maintain (management etc.)
c) Cost them money without making them any
?

but then hey they could realease it as a rare every1 wud buy it den dey wud get der money. also giving interest wud mean ppl wud by more credits

class idea +rep

ReviewDude
20-04-2006, 10:41 PM
but then hey they could realease it as a rare every1 wud buy it den dey wud get der money. also giving interest wud mean ppl wud by more credits

class idea +rep

How would it make them buy MORE credits? And also, interest can't be done, as credits are integers, and interest (forgetting all other factors I've said - see above) is around 5%. Five percent of one credit is .05. So if you had that on your account, you'd end up with 1.05 credits. Things get more complex when you try and get 5% of 1.05.

I know your arguement (why not just get one credit per week or something), but it wouldn't work. Maybe going too deep here (*cough*) but I assume you get more interest by having more credits saved. However, interest must be at the same rate. To clear it up, for 1 credit:

AMOUNT IN SAVING - AMOUNT GAINED P/MONTH - INTEREST RATE

1 Credit - 1 Credit - 100%

(See why this won't work? Look what happens at the same rate for more amounts.)

2 Credits - 2 Credits - 100%
3 Credits - 3 Credits - 100%

(This is still okay, looking at it, but imaging if you buy 250 credits via Splash. You'd NEVER have to buy credits again - you could live off interest)

250 Credits - 250 Credits - 100%

Meaning you'd get 500 credits JUST for not spending them. But Habbo WANT you to spend them.

Apologies for going too deep :p

Bouncing
20-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Haha, ty for rep, think people taking this post a little bit more seriously than I am! To be honest it could work but there would be slight problems. I cant think of a idea what could make it only left over credits could go in it. But I cant, could someone lock this thread?

ReviewDude
20-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Haha, ty for rep, think people taking this post a little bit more seriously than I am! To be honest it could work but there would be slight problems. I cant think of a idea what could make it only left over credits could go in it. But I cant, could someone lock this thread?

I just can't resist an arguement :P Thanks for giving me something to think about. :eusa_clap

HUGECOOL
21-04-2006, 03:18 AM
It's a nice idea, but Sulake/ Habbo isn't a bank.

However, a way Sulake could make money out of this is if they charge a monthly fee like banks do. They can also have interest rates made into a less complex system so that it could work with credits.

To stop someone from abusing the system, there could be a limit to the number of credits you earn. After you've reached the limit, you must withdraw all your credits and start anew.

The idea is still very flawed, but it's a nice concept nevertheless.

superstar911
21-04-2006, 06:47 AM

you can only put in 3 credits a day wud b a way of only putting spare credits in anyways y u locking the thread

FlyingJesus
21-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Unless there are ridiculous amounts of interest, as ReviewDude said, it wouldn't add up properly. It couldn't work without Sulake losing lots of money, and that wouldn't be fantastic. Let's see:

*Noobs ask for free stuff
*Sulake give out free stuff
*Sulake loses money
*Sulake forced to jack up prices
*Noobs quit because of prices
*Sulake collapses
*Noobs cry because there's no more Habbo

Deiondre
21-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Maybe if you put credits into "The Money Saver" you could get rewarded for buying more.

Say this:
I but 15 credits and spend 12 of them.
I put 3 in my saver
The next time I buy credits I get one free in my saver.
So I put another 3 in it and the next time I get credits I get another 1 free.

Sulake only give you free credits when you buy some so people would buy more!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!