PDA

View Full Version : Do you belive in 'Internet Love'?

cocaine
17-04-2006, 11:45 AM
As the title says.

Please answer the poll.

I do x)

teenhelp.org
17-04-2006, 11:52 AM
After seeing many, many instances of teens getting into relationships over the internet.. yes.. I think it's possible to fall in love over the internet. :)

You get to meet their mind first, so the "looks" become a secondary factor.

Re101
17-04-2006, 11:52 AM
People can love each other through talking to each other so i guess yes. Although i voted no because i have never come across it.

Racoon
17-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Lol, Yes I do ( Steven ). I like some-one over the internet ( Steven ) Lol ;]

x Rawr x (H)

MsTanya
17-04-2006, 12:17 PM
I dont. I think you can really like someone, but never love them [:

GJay
17-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Well it happened with me! So yes I believe it's possible :P

kasi
17-04-2006, 01:22 PM
yep i do :) i actually think 'internet love' is better than going out with someone in real life... because like teenhelp.org said, you'd get to know someone better rather than just liking them because of their looks.

You get to meet their mind first, so the "looks" become a secondary factor.
well put :)

Mr.Kylee
17-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes, once I've been with this girl for 3 months and we decided to meet up and we ended up going out with eachother for over a year. We've originally meet on the net thought. I think that you can't chose who you'll start liking/loving, it just comes. Saying that it's impossible to fall in love over internet is bs. It is possible. Why not? just because you can't see the person? you can get a webcam etc. you get to know the person much more then in real. True they can fake, it's not hard but I'd never date somebody (over net) if I wouldn't trust the person 100%. I do find it pointless if you date somebody and you never plan on meeting up with them. Just like me and Ashley, meeting up at summer holidays ;) gona be yum. <3 everybody got different views on this thought. So I voted yes, happened to me before.

D3stroyer
17-04-2006, 02:12 PM
I deeply belive in this and it's 100% possible, i've been going out with my girlfriend for 8-9 months, and we haven't met yet but we are at the end of may <3 gunna be awesome, we're very fond of eachother and we always send eachother sutff and talk on the phone, i reckon as teenhelp.org sais it's better to meet the mind first then the looks because, personality is better than looks.

Daza

Biseinen
17-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Karl meets Gemma over a teen forum
Gemma falls in love with karl
Karl falls in love with Gemma
Gemma and Karl meet up
Fall even more inlove
Karl and Gemma get Engaged in real life
Gemma and Karl plan to spend the rest of their lives with each other.

So yeah. <3

mynameishelen!
17-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I didnt, till recently lols.

You cant help who you fall in love with :p

I do because you can get know people really well, without judging them on their looks. It's all based on personality :] Basically what Kassie said

By yeah like kyle, i think it's pointless unless you plan on meeting them.

Ostinato
17-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Nop, I don't.

Your all saying you get to know the persons mind better first, and looks are secondary and what not, but at the end of the day you are only getting to hear what that person wants you to.

On the internet your 'lover' can create a completely different life for them and make them out to be some giant superhero with a six pack, when really their 20 stone and housebound.

I think you can fall for someone via the internet yes, but at the end of the day you don't actually know them and I feel love can't be based on what someone decides to take out of their life and tell you!

mynameishelen!
17-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Nop, I don't.

Your all saying you get to know the persons mind better first, and looks are secondary and what not, but at the end of the day you are only getting to hear what that person wants you to.

On the internet your 'lover' can create a completely different life for them and make them out to be some giant superhero with a six pack, when really their 20 stone and housebound.

I think you can fall for someone via the internet yes, but at the end of the day you don't actually know them and I feel love can't be based on what someone decides to take out of their life and tell you!

Yeah some people are fake and make up things about themselves, but not all are.
and I doubt anyone would believe someone if they claimed to have a six pack etc without seeing a picture :rolleyes:

FlyingJesus
17-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Nop, I don't.

But still, you fall in love with who they say they are, whether it's truth or not. You can love something that isn't real and it's still love.

Mr.Kylee
17-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Nop, I don't.

You got a thing called webcam..:rolleyes: you can't excatly fake yourself on cam can you? (I mean the looks) and you can usually tell when people fake, not that hard to tell.

Jordan3
18-04-2006, 08:33 AM
I can't judge, as I've never experienced it.

Ostinato
18-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I used the six pack thing as an example ;l It wasn't a literall meaning... jeez.

Anyway, I don't really agree. I agree that you can fall for what someone tells you about them, the perfect image which they portray to you, but at the end of the day you will never fully know them, their past and everything about them as you would with a real life relationship, and therefore I feel 'Internet Love' is a sham. Thanks. :p

[Btw this is just my opinion, lol, we are all entitled to one and I'm just telling you mine ~ not saying any of you have to agree with it! :p]

Lycan
18-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes 110% Yes

NIKKEE
18-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes 110% Yes

hehe same

FlyingJesus
18-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh get a room ;)

Ostinato
18-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh get a room ;)

rofl well said

ilovejordan
18-04-2006, 11:09 PM
yuppppppppppppppp

cocaine
19-04-2006, 04:21 PM
yuppppppppppppppp

:o gfdgsfdsfds

ryva05
19-04-2006, 06:55 PM
I do :) Also I think there needs to be a balance, not entirely internet, but talking to each other on the phone, exchanging gifts, hand written letters as well.

DMB-Hosting
19-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Gemma and Karl meet up
Karl is a pedo
Gemma cant do jack
Police spend hours on end looking for both Gemma who could be dead and Karl whos looking for his next victim

Becarefull ******es

Judas
19-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Lawl at the post above

And I think you can. You dont need to meet up do you? I mean that could be the situation, but maybe you would wanna see a pic or see them on cam before meeting up (if ya wanna take it that far). But if they share the same interests and all that sorta stuff, then there can be love if wanted.

DMB-Hosting
19-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Lol my post was a bit extreme but its truin some cases...

Biseinen
19-04-2006, 08:08 PM
We met up like 2 years ago in a PUBLIC place wwith her parents.

[Rolls eyes].

Linkage
19-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Hmmm Well i found my bird on the internet... but she lives half a mile away from me :D Shes Fit aslwell :)

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Hmmm Well i found my bird on the internet... but she lives half a mile away from me :D Shes Fit aslwell :)
And does she live in a cage?

Linkage
19-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Yes in my room i only let her out to play :)

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Can she do any tricks?

Lyca
19-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Well i dont know
You cna think the person is great and you have loads of things in commen but when you meet them you find out other things such as maybe i dont know she leaves her dirty underpants on the fruitbowl or something but yeah i think some people can take a very good liking to csomeone over the internet

Linkage
19-04-2006, 08:31 PM
She loves balls (As in the ones you throw) She loves to put them in her mouth :D

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Aww she sounds like fun!

Linkage
19-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Yes would u like to see a picture?

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=menjade6tw.png

joshuar
19-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I would never go out with someone online, I always need to know they 'exist' so to speak, but as said, it does happen and often ends up well.

Linkage
19-04-2006, 09:56 PM
It's pretty sad for internet dating if u ask me...

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Yes would u like to see a picture?

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=menjade6tw.png
Shes alright..

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1141/t4c1st.jpg

Linkage
19-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Your Fit :D I would like to keep u in my cage :)

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Too bad im taken then :| Sounds like im missing out

Linkage
19-04-2006, 10:27 PM
You are... U havent tried beef till you've tried English beef ;)

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Ah well, im sure il get over it

Linkage
19-04-2006, 10:46 PM
*REMOVED BY JACKHB! - NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR NUMBER!*

issaa.
19-04-2006, 10:55 PM
*REMOVED BY JACKHB! - NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR NUMBER!*
LOL! .

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Did he write his number ;s

issaa.
19-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Did he write his number ;s
Yeah lmao.

MsTanya
19-04-2006, 11:01 PM
ROFLMAO !

Looks like I scored

danny1541
19-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I think its a great way to meet someone you like thats diffrent although you gotta trust them and talk to them a lot so yeah i do..

-Dan

cocaine
20-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Rofl he gave out his number??!!

Infrontation
20-04-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't :P

blah blah blah
20-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Ok. i got a story for those internet folks.
I met a guy on the internet and we got to talking and it went good. We both had WEBCAM so we turned them both on just to see if the other was fake OR not as they said. Everything went fine and we started liking eachother.
THEN it just ended when he stopped coming online. :o :(
3 years later(currently TODAY) im on holis so im in the same country as him and he comes online and since im on holidays i ask to met up with him(FINALLY). he now has a girlfriend(it aint me) and he has changed so much. :eusa_wall

But dont worry about me cause now im with his best friend.:p haha. but basically, you can have a relashionship but it could all end if one just dosent come online anymore.

P.s he explained to me that he computer broke...*cough* yer right buddy:rolleyes: but were all friends and i dun wanna go home!

MsTanya
20-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Rofl he gave out his number??!!
Yeah lmao [: I must be that amazing

issaa.
20-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah lmao [: I must be that amazing

Yeah you are Tanya :]]

That really sounded like I was coming onto her didn't it? >.<

ilovejordan
20-04-2006, 11:18 PM

That really sounded like I was coming onto her didn't it? >.<

yes your only meant to be a lesbian to me :(

issaa.
20-04-2006, 11:19 PM
yes your only meant to be a lesbian to me :( sorry babes, ill make it up to you later ;)

ilovejordan
20-04-2006, 11:23 PM
sorry babes, ill make it up to you later ;)

roflmao okay ;)

lolerskates
21-04-2006, 12:39 AM
I think it is possible to find someone you love on the net. Most of the time people get on extremly well and the only problem is a difference of location. I admit that there are weirdo's on the net but I think a lot of the hype is more annoying than anything else. People assume that as soon as you long on the net you're talking to some weirdo. But your on the net and your (probably & hopefully) not a weirdo so that doesn't make sense. I personally think i've found someone I love off the net and they mean a lot to me. We've met up on more than one occasion and I don't even see them as someone off the net now. I see them as a normal friend that I don't see everyday just every now and then. So in short yeh I believe in net love. :)

Finchie
21-04-2006, 06:17 AM
I don't because you never now who's behind the other monitor.

DMB-Hosting
21-04-2006, 09:25 AM
yes your only meant to be a lesbian to me :(

pmsl :P

MsTanya
21-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Oh baby

-Emz
21-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Depends.. not really but I met one of my best mates in real life from msm and they're great. But I don't really do the habbo dating thing and haven't ever really gone there tbh.

Billabong
21-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I believe its possible to do it, but not on habbo... On a forum or something but not on habbo..

SHEEPY
21-04-2006, 09:20 PM
What's the difference?

Phorum
21-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Its sick. you dont know who your talking to.

Callum.
21-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I vote yes, as there are some people on here that i like :p

MsTanya
21-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I vote yes, as there are some people on here that i like :p
like mee

jkjkjk im just too funny sometimes

Calzeh
22-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I believe it can be possible, but I don't mean relationships like this:

"Habbo says: hi asl?!?!
Habbo says: wil u b my bf?
Habbo2 says: yeh
Habbo says: *snogz*
Habbo2 says: *snogz bk*
Habbo says: i luv u wil u marry me?
Habbo2 says: ye
Habbo says: i av a bedroom on abbo, wana try out da bed?"

I loved someone for a year online, we never met but we would have one day. Talking on the phone, webcam, chatting on messenger - it's just the same as rl except no physical stuff. You can actually love someone from online, I know I have in the past. You can also get hurt. Sometimes it might not seem real, or you can get paranoid a lot because you don't know what they are doing when they aren't talking to you. I'd have gave my life for that guy, that's how much he meant to me. Losing him was just as hard as a real life break up is. I counted the days and went psycho and grieved for a month as if someone had just died.

Now I have a boyfriend in real life and we love each other. We are happy cuddling and doing all the things I longed for when I loved the guy online. He's really sweet and he is able to show me that he loves me by doing cute little things. That's one reason maybe that real life is better, but of course I suppose you could meet up if you took your parents with you etc. I think it's important your parents know about who you are seeing and if you are meeting up with somebody. Long distance relationships can be hard, but if you love someone you can make them work. In my opinion they are both the same, just that local ones are more convenient as you can go to each others houses whenever you like.

To be honest, I had known my current bf for years, but got talking to him on messenger and we admitted we liked each other. Then started to hang out more, and voila! That's a good use of online, as you can say things that you are too shy to say in real life.

I hate when people turn their nose up at online relationships, I mean look at Gemma and Karl - they are happy together. And they prove that their relationship went somewhere. It DOES NOT mean they cannot get a gf/bf in real life, it just means they happenned to fall for someone they knew online. If you believe in it, you can make anything work. If you don't believe it will work then it isn't going to. You gotta have FAITH.

cocaine
22-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I believe it can be possible, but I don't mean relationships like this:

"Habbo says: hi asl?!?!
Habbo says: wil u b my bf?
Habbo2 says: yeh
Habbo says: *snogz*
Habbo2 says: *snogz bk*
Habbo says: i luv u wil u marry me?
Habbo2 says: ye
Habbo says: i av a bedroom on abbo, wana try out da bed?"

I loved someone for a year online, we never met but we would have one day. Talking on the phone, webcam, chatting on messenger - it's just the same as rl except no physical stuff. You can actually love someone from online, I know I have in the past. You can also get hurt. Sometimes it might not seem real, or you can get paranoid a lot because you don't know what they are doing when they aren't talking to you. I'd have gave my life for that guy, that's how much he meant to me. Losing him was just as hard as a real life break up is. I counted the days and went psycho and grieved for a month as if someone had just died.

Now I have a boyfriend in real life and we love each other. We are happy cuddling and doing all the things I longed for when I loved the guy online. He's really sweet and he is able to show me that he loves me by doing cute little things. That's one reason maybe that real life is better, but of course I suppose you could meet up if you took your parents with you etc. I think it's important your parents know about who you are seeing and if you are meeting up with somebody. Long distance relationships can be hard, but if you love someone you can make them work. In my opinion they are both the same, just that local ones are more convenient as you can go to each others houses whenever you like.

To be honest, I had known my current bf for years, but got talking to him on messenger and we admitted we liked each other. Then started to hang out more, and voila! That's a good use of online, as you can say things that you are too shy to say in real life.

I hate when people turn their nose up at online relationships, I mean look at Gemma and Karl - they are happy together. And they prove that their relationship went somewhere. It DOES NOT mean they cannot get a gf/bf in real life, it just means they happenned to fall for someone they knew online. If you believe in it, you can make anything work. If you don't believe it will work then it isn't going to. You gotta have FAITH.

Wow, I read all that.

Gotta have +rep :P

Calzeh
22-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Wow, I read all that.

Gotta have +rep :P

Haha well done, and thanks. :P

Callum.
22-04-2006, 06:12 PM
like mee

jkjkjk im just too funny sometimes

Just like you :P

.Mike-
22-04-2006, 08:11 PM
I think internet dating is pretty lame
shows how people are so desperate to get a mate in real life

Toes
22-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I suppose you don't reall know until it happens to you.

angel329
22-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Ok so i do and i dont lol i did sort of fall in love with this boy called marcus (y0wi) u might know him but i dno ive gotten over him now i dont really believe in them no more cause i believe they just end up in tears or similar and they dont do good because if they live along way away it would be too hard.

Rusteh
23-04-2006, 02:24 AM
There's nothing wrong with it, I haven't read the whole thread yet but I bet that atleast one person would ask "BUT WAT IF DEY R 90 YR OLD PEDIFILES LOLOLOL HAHA", the answer is a webcam :]

вєску
23-04-2006, 02:47 AM
WOE IS ME I BELIVE IN LOVE

Nightrose
23-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah possiable, 1 yr is my online relationship but u have to trust them without trust theres nothing there and no point, yeah there maybe times when u dont trust them but i dont think someone could lie about loving you well i couldnt do that, just becareful when it comes to it as u may end up getting hurt take advice from me , but good luck to you internet lovers as they can work,

MrGazet
24-04-2006, 12:35 AM
I don;t -.-'

dannyboymed
24-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Poll's looking pretty equal.

But yes, I believe in it, basically because love has to be based on personality, and seeing a personality is a lot easier on the internet. Webcams are essential to show that you're not talking to a pervert and meeting up sometime is too.. :)

IggyBen
24-04-2006, 01:18 AM
I think Internet love is CRAZY... I mean it's possible but it's just SO Lame. It just comes to show that people are so lame and childish, that they cant get a mate in real life.. So people act totally different... And who knows, what if some fat chick it pretending to be a skinny little girl! ROFL! Get a life for all those people who voted yes!!!

dannyboymed
24-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Some people are shy in real life, and if they're telling the truth I don't think it's lame.

PS2.
24-04-2006, 05:54 AM
It can happen, but its not as good as in real life =]

MsTanya
24-04-2006, 06:39 AM
Just like you :P
Lmao xo

Callum.
24-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Lmao xo

Lol x]

anthenth.
29-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Well, i dont think any of us are right and wrong, i dont believe in this thing... its not right [in my opinion] But for the people who do want someone to love over the internet... they might like it... i have nothing against people who want to do that, its there choice...

Robzor
02-05-2006, 08:28 PM
id probz say no :S
but i dont know xD
thats my opinion !

MikeThePony
02-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Most of you answered yes because you're most likely an internet geek who has no chance of real love.
Harsh, but true.

Axel
02-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Nope....

omgabear
04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
:o close poll.

Me I dont beleive in internet love, I beleive in an attraction to a person, but it would be to their personality. Not how they look, act, feel and what they do around you.

Its like 40% real love basically :)

emo...
06-05-2006, 02:52 PM
its just so false. you cant actually seeee them. you just know them hardly. i think its rubbish and people who do it r desperate coz they could be perverts.

Emicat.
06-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Gemma and Karl meet up
Fall even more inlove
Karl and Gemma get Engaged in real life
Gemma and Karl plan to spend the rest of their lives with each other.

So yeah. <3

Thats amazing but its agaisnt all odds. They could be preverts, or deacent people.

Meh, maybe maybe not.

You never know.

Badgez
10-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Depends, I voted yes, but only if you've acctually seen the person. It could be a shemale that you're falling in love with.

Uwe
14-05-2006, 03:01 PM
No, I wouldn't because if you truely loved this person, you'd care more about this persons happiness, thefore you should be happy that your partener has chose to leave you because then they'll be happy.

Thats why I don't get all these love movies, they obviously didn't love the person in question, and when people kill them selves because there partener leaves them, its pathetic because then you'd be messing this persons life up.

However, if you mean 'If your partener was going to die, would you take there place and die for them?' then yes, I can't stand the thought of Josh being hurt.

soo yeah..

NekkLe
14-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Its obviously possible that love can occur over the net, but its not something i'd look to do tho "/

louder
14-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I dont beleive in it because people can act differently, you never actually know somone until you meet them.

NekkLe
14-05-2006, 04:53 PM
People can still hide secrets even if you live with them, or meet them.. I suppose theres more secrecy over the net because you don't really interact with the person every day.

Webhamster
14-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Do you beleive in internet love?

No, don't be silly.

Love can come in many shapes and forms, ok, but not internet love, I don't think this is at all possible.

RedStratocas
14-05-2006, 07:30 PM
No. I had someone ask me out yesterday online, I only knew them an hour. Who's that desperate at 15?

Uwe
14-05-2006, 07:45 PM
No, I wouldn't because if you truely loved this person, you'd care more about this persons happiness, thefore you should be happy that your partener has chose to leave you because then they'll be happy.

Thats why I don't get all these love movies, they obviously didn't love the person in question, and when people kill them selves because there partener leaves them, its pathetic because then you'd be messing this persons life up.

However, if you mean 'If your partener was going to die, would you take there place and die for them?' then yes, I can't stand the thought of Josh being hurt.

soo yeah..

Lmao, sorry I was ment to post that in the would you die your your b/f/g/f thread. lols

blaster.
14-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Lmao, sorry I was ment to post that in the would you die your your b/f/g/f thread. lols
I was going to say
Anyway
I do

Steven.
14-05-2006, 09:12 PM
not really.

I believe in sole mates whatnot. but not all this *kiss* rubbish. also you don't have a clue who the person may be, the person may say they're 15 female from blahbalh who really is a 65 year old man "/

Country
14-05-2006, 09:19 PM

soo yeah..

I Do....

jam666
16-05-2006, 08:16 PM
yes i do belive in it as look at my brother? he met his gf over the net, met and and now they own their own house and are engaged

Polly-alyssa
17-05-2006, 06:42 PM
i do by seeing gemma and balmung getting engaged in rl from originally meeting online

Yazamiinx
21-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Yep, I believe in Internet love.. because you're falling in love with someones personality which is expressed on the Internet. It does get too far when that person asks for your personal details though, if you know what I mean..

cocaine
21-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Btw if I didn't say so yes I do

Flap
21-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I just don't understand it..? Why go for someone over the internet when theres loads more "Real" people living by you..

Ostinato
21-05-2006, 07:38 PM
I just don't understand it..? Why go for someone over the internet when theres loads more "Real" people living by you..

Because it allows people to create a false life for themselves. Make out they are 15 when really they are 35... Make out they have a 6 pack when really they have a weight watchers membership...

I think the whole idea of the 'Internet Love' doesn't really exist, and I don't believe in it, as I said before in this thread - you can only get to know someone so far via the internet, and you only get to know what they tell you, not the actual facts.

Nightrose
21-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I been dating someone over the internet for 11months, to be honest he has cheated on me with some one from habbo but that only lasted a few days, we always talk on msn and say we love each other :)
Hopefully going to meet soon but since hes older im waiting for him to visit me first just cause of the risks and he lives in a diff countrie i didnt know how it would work but it seems to

$.$
21-05-2006, 08:47 PM
As the title says.

Please answer the poll.

I do x)

Yes I do, to be in-love with someone don't mean you need to see them everyday. There's totally no differences, between them cept in real life maybe you can go out with them do private 'stuff etc etc' on net, you can chat anytime too, but if you choose to meet up too so its no differences at all. Love is love it doesn't matter where you meet or chat to them.

- Mike

Dandinho
26-05-2006, 06:45 AM
I dont beleive in it...Unless youve seen them, not because you choose looks before personality, so you can see who they are and are they who they really say they are?
In a way it does help people go on Personality before looks.

But you have to know each other for ages..

Dripless
26-05-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm sorry I dont, a prime example is myself, Im nothing like this in real life.

Normally people (To unfairly generalize) on the internet tend to be introvert and 'unable to pull' (to chavishly put it).

Then again love is different, gimme a few more years lol.

burnsey
27-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Ye
I Do
but im still single :(
lmao

Heinous
27-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Yes, but it takes a long time.

I only read a few posts in this thread, and I'll say this.
You don't get to know someone 'without the looks', because it's always good to see who you're talking to, especially on that level.
You don't get to know the real person unless they let that show.

So unless you have known them for ages, and they're being honest with you, then maybe you can. But mostly teenagers net date (some adults too, but not as common), and teenage relationships rarely last. Plus, teenagers don't see the difference between love and lust.

burnsey
27-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Yes, but it takes a long time.

I only read a few posts in this thread, and I'll say this.
You don't get to know someone 'without the looks', because it's always good to see who you're talking to, especially on that level.
You don't get to know the real person unless they let that show.

So unless you have known them for ages, and they're being honest with you, then maybe you can. But mostly teenagers net date (some adults too, but not as common), and teenage relationships rarely last. Plus, teenagers don't see the difference between love and lust.

anyone care ?

o.m

Heinous
27-05-2006, 07:03 AM
anyone care ?

o.m
You obviously did, to reply to it. Idiot.

burnsey
27-05-2006, 07:43 AM
You obviously did, to reply to it. Idiot.
obviously not i just saw u type a friggin eassy
no need for the idiot not my fault i am
:P

oh n btw dident u see the
'o.m' ?
ONLY MESSIN !

Heinous
27-05-2006, 07:50 AM
obviously not i just saw u type a friggin eassy
no need for the idiot not my fault i am
:P

oh n btw dident u see the
'o.m' ?
ONLY MESSIN !
8 lines is barely an essay.

And no, I don't speak idiot, so I didn't know what it meant. ;)

burnsey
27-05-2006, 08:39 AM
8 lines is barely an essay.

And no, I don't speak idiot, so I didn't know what it meant. ;)

did u -rep me sayin play nice babe.
:s

iluvben
27-05-2006, 10:40 AM
No I don't but others probly do , I prefer to know someone irl you can never know someone fully on the net.

Heinous
27-05-2006, 10:50 AM
did u -rep me sayin play nice babe.
I don't know.

Did I?

Tristan
27-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Simply? I don't think so.

burnsey
27-05-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't know.

Did I?

well im a male and ur a male and some1 sent me a -rep sayin
play nice babe.

Heinous
27-05-2006, 11:58 AM
well im a male and ur a male and some1 sent me a -rep sayin
play nice babe.
So you're homophobic?

Reseller
27-05-2006, 03:48 PM
i say yes because sometimes someone who is your soul mate might not be where you are and you could find that certain someone on internet!

Herman
28-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Yes, it can work out sometimes. (:

Demynx
29-05-2006, 02:36 AM
Nope you probably just find out he is your gay-lover that is 38 years older than you.

Ryan+Joe
29-05-2006, 10:37 AM
yes i know many that have a net relationship, meet up and actually become a couple.

JT-Fan
30-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Depends, if can work depends on how well you know the person.

Heinous
30-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Nope you probably just find out he is your gay-lover that is 38 years older than you.
I this this image sums it up..

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4107/a2490037nm.jpg

D3stroyer
30-05-2006, 08:34 AM
The people that are saying they could be 50-60 year old perverts, if you really fall in love over the internet you have to see them on webcam speak to them on fone so in that case u'd find out?

JT-Fan
30-05-2006, 08:34 AM
But what if you've seen them on webcam etc! I mean that if you've heard their voice they can fool you, pictures they still can but webcam unless they wear a mask then you really do know them :)

StripedTiger
30-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Well, despite the fact that yes there could be people around 50 years old and not in the "normal" list. I still think internet love could happen. Love isnt about physical attraction all of the time. Love can blossom from knowing someone's interests n personality very well.

theres a good chance it wont work out but then agen, not many relationships do work out.

JT-Fan
30-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah and remembering that with online love in most cases you grow to love the persons personality THEN their looks.

Ostinato
30-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah and remembering that with online love in most cases you grow to love the persons personality THEN their looks.

No, it makes you grow to love the personality which they show you. Online you can make yourself out to be a funny, charming guy when really your a boring geek...

At the end of the day, you can only get to know what the person wants you to know online, as it's what they tell you and how they portray themselves that you see, but that doesn't necessarily mean thats what their really like.

Chris.
30-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Yes I Do But No1 Lyks Me
:(
;)

FlyingJesus
30-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes I Do But No1 Lyks Me
:(
;)

Don't worry, I love you. Gimme a kiss.

JT-Fan
30-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Rofl just wait for Miss Right ;D

Nightrose
30-05-2006, 06:19 PM
After recent events, my opnion has changed a little, but i still do believe it, just not that there can be anything there between the people who are in love

:dallsgreen
05-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I believe in it, but I think you're better off without it cause its only love over a computer and thats not enough.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!