PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] "Bobba" the worst way to get in habbo trouble

babybash555
01-01-2005, 05:32 PM
READ THE WHOLE THING! Now all of you know very wel that there are many odd reasons that they ban or people report them.my most hated is for saying bobba! now how "stupid" is that?!?!?!?!?!Half the time people are reported for accidents where these people can just plain out not spell worth ne thing. This poor habbo's "friend" reports them for doing nothing. No matter how many times that poor habbo trys to plead his/her innocence, there "friend" still reports, and that poor habbo gets banned!
I think that the habbo that is being reported should have a say in these things too!!!!!!It's just not fair! I was once stuck in this situation and i got out of it by telling the habba's the honest truth!!!!! People, watchg how you type, if it gets too messy, you might just end up in that poor habbo's situation!
Words that end up "bobbaed" when u type them:
swear words
words misspelled
numbers over 99,999
words that involve horrible acts of bad stuff!!(not gonna say it .its that bad)
other things that u can think of but i cant cuz i am sick and cannot think

HOw to not get banned by this:
It's simple of you make the typing mistake, or other, or numbers. TELL THE HABBAS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!! AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!!!!!If you did something else, well too bad I will not help u wiht this! it is your own fault and i do not want to nor will help you IF I GET WORDS YOU ARE LYING TO HABBAS I WILL MAKE SURE U R GONE FRM HABBO!

MY Opion:
ONly swear words and rude unkind words should be "bobba" other words just make no sense. WHat i do not get is how they let people who mispell "bad words" on purpose get away with it!!!! no way! on my watch i dont let ne one get away with that!!! "Bobbaing" every word in the english dictionary will happen soon of we dont get this fixed!! SAY NO TO TOO MUCH "BOBBA" BLOCK!
Are you with me?[

babybash555
01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
PEopel reply alls u want!

* Edited by Janeh - Please do not double post, simply edit your previous one

Demi
01-01-2005, 05:45 PM
^^^ double post
nah
anyways i agree
if you spell something wrong or you like using short
i use sec for second or secs for seconds
its so annoying
it comes up as for e.g. "you have 3 bobba's left"

Mentor
01-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Its becomeing pure stupidty, they punish people who use the filter, and are letting people who avoid it off the hook? Isnt that teh opseit of what tehy should be wanting?

Ps. its rair when i get a whole sentence, without the word bobba in it. First good point about the fact hobbas never come.

la-ur-en
01-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I agree...
The bobba filter is getting over the top, i mean, i understand bobba-ing certain words, but do you remember when pizza was filtered? and when dice was filtered?

And what is the point in bobba-ing pole, i mean, WHO does that offend?
I mean it's not as if you are going to say 'go away you stupid pole' Hmmm... I know it is incase people say 'pole dance' but still...

I don't agree with having to swear anyway, there are alot better words you can use...
People who avoid the bobba filter are idiots, they deserve every ban they get... It's so simple to swear, yet they think they are smart...

I guess habbo are just doing it to protect the hotel though, if they didnt bobba words, sulake would get ALOT of complaints from parents, and they would lose money... so that why they need to keep on updating it...

Hobbas i have to say, do there job well, its not there place to complain about the bobba filter, they just do what habbo ask them to do... It's more like habbo offices and sulake you should be moaning to, cause they are the ones who are filtering stupid things...

Mentor
01-01-2005, 10:14 PM
If they keep this up there going to loose even more money, If the bobba filter gets worse im going to skip going on habbo at all, the bobba filter just pust people off. Most of its reduclus stuff. All there doing now is punsih good habbos, and letteing the own who do avoid the filter get aways with it, so there mainly just encorging filter avoiion.

Mr.Kylee
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree with Mentor on this one..

Hippygurl101
02-01-2005, 03:19 PM
What really annoys me is the way they 'Bobba' words next to each other that between the words spell out a bad word.. E.G saying 'wash it' could get 'Bobbafied' for the last two and first two letters of each word.. I mean come on? Ive had this happen before but luckily i have never seen anyone banned for this, cos its not even swearing. Althou people may actually which is just stupid.

Lincognito
03-01-2005, 08:33 AM
You don't get banned for BOBBA !! The filter is doing it's job therefore no need to ban. As for letting people get away with avoiding the filter, well as far as we can we don't allow them to get away with it, avoiding the filter = ban...BUT sometimes there are literally hundreds of calls reporting filter evasion and some inevitably get missed (we are human after all ) but having said that many do get caught and they get dealt with. It is not always neccessary for a Hobba to come to the call, we can deal with issues remotely, if e went to every single call many more would get missed. Why? it takes no time at all to deal with remotely but quite a few minutes to go to the room and often the offender has left by the time we arrive. Also on arrival we often get surrounded by Habbos asking if we can do this can we do that will we accept f/r we go to leave and someone yells WAIT. While all this is happenenig maybe 50 calls go by unanswered, then we get "Hobbas never come" Sometimes it can be a no win situation!
Sadly some people have very foul mouths and we can't allow youngsters to be exposed to it. The bobba filter is needed trust me on this!

Arcanum
03-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I agree Lin, it's a Catch 22 sometimes but when you get banned for saying: "Offer me a Red. rug!" That is absolutely ludacris. Just because they avoid the filter, that does not mean a ban. Some hobbas I know just ban if they see anyone avoiding the filter regardless of what context the evasion has been used in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that spells lazy to me.

Mentor
03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
It depened if a habbo sees it, thers no way of detcting a filter ovison, or it would have been filted, but every time the filter is used its loged, wich is why they may be banning just for bobba.
Someone who swares doesnt nessary have a foul mouth, just people with sick minds interpet words as being sick, sware words were onece just nice every day words, until they were warped by some people in to ones tahts are no longer suppodly acceptble. Athogh to me there still just words

Adzeh
03-01-2005, 12:57 PM
the bobba filter is a little over the top, but its there in the name of nline safety for its there to stay, dont like it, leave.

p.s you double posted.

.x.![Luccie]!.x.
03-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I agree when i went to go get a pizza in slice of life it came up as bobba. i dont mind if they change it to bobba but i dont think there was any point in doing that because now people use **** insted of (sware words). And i dont think there is any point in banning people.

Mentor
03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Habbo, say the its becuse people were using it a the sware word.

Athogh if someone came up and started calling me a pizza, i doubt i could keep a stait face :/

Lincognito
03-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I agree Lin, it's a Catch 22 sometimes but when you get banned for saying: "Offer me a Red. rug!" That is absolutely ludacris. Just because they avoid the filter, that does not mean a ban. Some hobbas I know just ban if they see anyone avoiding the filter regardless of what context the evasion has been used in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that spells lazy to me.

Can't imagine a Hobba banning for that! Surely not!

Mendonky
03-01-2005, 09:41 PM
well with the amount of hobbas with different dicapline hiararchy's, it may well be going on without you knowing, i mean is there a record of why and when people are banned ?

Michael.
03-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Bobba filter is too strict, say you said,
"that watched me"
It comes out with a bobba in the middle of it (Work it out in your own minds).
Its a bit unfair, and when you put a dot in it so it'll read properly, Hobba's come along with magical tools and, Zip Nip Noo, you're in Habbo Jail!

GommeInc
04-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Lin darling,

You do get banned for the stupidity of Hobba's that cannot read things properly.

I was perm ban for 'admitting I could hack' but wait a minute, they think I am sad enough to hack something as stupid as Habbo? You make nought profit, credits are worth £0.00p and furni is worth absolutely nothing, so why would I in my common sense mind, even bother about hacking Habbo?

What I did say when I was talking to a friend.

'If I could hack, I wouldn't Hack Habbo' (underlined words are to abbreviate what was said).

Now some dumb Hobba thought I said

'I can Hack, I could hack Habbo'

'I could Hack Habbo'

'Habbo I can Hack'

Etc etc.

If you say this isn't true well tough it is, I have the e-mail in my inbox.

Also, hobba's always ban people for saying bobba for no reason.

Habbo suffer from 'Bad Grammar' as dic and pizz aren't words and lets face it, why would they be used in slang? And what is it with words near each other with a space being bobba'd. Eg. Shes hit, I don't see a rude word, I see 2 words with no bad word, but as Habbo suffer from dirty minds, they think it is clever to bobba it when in fact it is an average sentence. Essex is bobba'd, just cos I have the pity to live there, why not bobba'd England or London, Kent maybe?

Habbo suffer from lack of brain power and lack of English Grammar.

Lincognito
04-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Lin darling,

You do get banned for the stupidity of Hobba's that cannot read things properly.

I was perm ban for 'admitting I could hack' but wait a minute, they think I am sad enough to hack something as stupid as Habbo? You make nought profit, credits are worth £0.00p and furni is worth absolutely nothing, so why would I in my common sense mind, even bother about hacking Habbo?

What I did say when I was talking to a friend.

'If I could hack, I wouldn't Hack Habbo' (underlined words are to abbreviate what was said).

Now some dumb Hobba thought I said

'I can Hack, I could hack Habbo'

'I could Hack Habbo'

'Habbo I can Hack'

Etc etc.

If you say this isn't true well tough it is, I have the e-mail in my inbox.

Also, hobba's always ban people for saying bobba for no reason.

Habbo suffer from 'Bad Grammar' as dic and pizz aren't words and lets face it, why would they be used in slang? And what is it with words near each other with a space being bobba'd. Eg. Shes hit, I don't see a rude word, I see 2 words with no bad word, but as Habbo suffer from dirty minds, they think it is clever to bobba it when in fact it is an average sentence. Essex is bobba'd, just cos I have the pity to live there, why not bobba'd England or London, Kent maybe?

Habbo suffer from lack of brain power and lack of English Grammar.

GommeInc DARLING! Yes mistakes can happen and if they do and the Habbo complains we can take a look and rectify it if it was a mistake. May I ask if this ban you are going on about was on GommeInc? Because out of curiosity I looked for it and couldn't find it! Essex of course will come out bobba the word Essex itself isn't filtered just the tail end of it. The nature of the filter is that if a filtered word appears within another word or a sentence then you will see bobba. It would be impossible to avoid this as Habbo could't possible forsee every single word combination. If someone says "that watched me" obviously bobba will come up, but if a dot or some other way is found to say that sentence then NO you wouldnt get banned. It's only when Habbos get round the filter in order to swear or say something completely inappropriate that a ban will happen. Mendonkey...yes there are records and if a Habbo feels that a ban was unjust they simply have to use the contact form and ask "why am I banned" GSC will look and if it was unjust the ban will be lifted and your record will be un tarnished and the Hobba in question will be spoken to and reminded to read the log more carefully. Remember though, we have thousands of calls for help and continual cries of "A Hobba never comes" so calls are dealt with as quickly as possible, and as we are all only human the odd mistake may happen.
Pizza by the way was a mistake and at one point there was a glitch, the bobba filter was playing up a little, but as I understand it all is now well.
Oh and a small after thought...I wish I could share with you the many many times I get called to a room by an irate Habbo complaining about an unfair ban and on checking I see swearing that makes your hair curl! I let them know what they said via an alert and they go suddenly quiet and reply , welll so and so provoked me! Yet 5 mins before they were protesting their innocence and making out they are as pure as a new born babe!

GommeInc
04-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Lin, DARLING he he he

You seem remarkably happy today and I am not sure who got banned, check TrampyTramp for the ban.

SkaKid77
05-01-2005, 07:08 PM
I agree with whoever said it is needless to swear and also that the bobba filter has gone over the top.

Firstly...if someone swears at you chances are they can be easily outwitted, so just make them look like an idiot ;)

Secondly when you can't go into a trade room to get offers for a rug (red one) there is something wrong.

Just because there are swear words hidden in the words they are separated by the space so unless people read like that they wont notice.

The whole problem with the filter is that it is filtering people trying to get around the filter..

so if you used a space in the past to pull of saying a swear word (no idea why you would want too) Habbo have now stopped you by filtering all swear words regardless of a space or whatever else they use.

Butcher11
06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I agree...
The bobba filter is getting over the top, i mean, i understand bobba-ing certain words, but do you remember when pizza was filtered? and when dice was filtered?

And what is the point in bobba-ing pole, i mean, WHO does that offend?
I mean it's not as if you are going to say 'go away you stupid pole' Hmmm... I know it is incase people say 'pole dance' but still...

I don't agree with having to swear anyway, there are alot better words you can use...
People who avoid the bobba filter are idiots, they deserve every ban they get... It's so simple to swear, yet they think they are smart...

I guess habbo are just doing it to protect the hotel though, if they didnt bobba words, sulake would get ALOT of complaints from parents, and they would lose money... so that why they need to keep on updating it...

Hobbas i have to say, do there job well, its not there place to complain about the bobba filter, they just do what habbo ask them to do... It's more like habbo offices and sulake you should be moaning to, cause they are the ones who are filtering stupid things...

If not for the bobba filter, Sulake would have to close it down or make the age limit 16+ if swears were allowed. And why would someone say pole dance on a digital computer game. And why do people need to swear anyway?

BlackGarden
06-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Its becomeing pure stupidty, they punish people who use the filter, and are letting people who avoid it off the hook? Isnt that teh opseit of what tehy should be wanting?
Yeah, bans for using bad language are supposed to be "bans for avoiding the filter". That's how it's worded if you get banned for it. Believe me. I know.

Remember a couple of months ago when the word "lesbian" got filtered for no apparent reason? I think they filtered "pizza" too - how bizarre. Anyway, I decided that Habbo filtering "lesbian" was flagrantly homophobic, unacceptable, etc, so I e-mailed them about it. The next day, I got an auto-reply. Before responding to that, I went into an empty room and whispered the word "lesbian" to myself to check it was still filtered. I didn't say it with dots or anything in it, just "lesbian", and it came up as "bobba". I went back to my e-mail window, typed a response, and sent it. When I looked back in the Habbo window, I had a message telling me I had been banned for "avoiding the filter" :o. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sooo... I e-mailed Habbo AGAIN to complain about the unfair ban, which they told me won't affect my Hobba application. It still worries me though...

I totally understand the idea of a zero-tolerance policy on swearing, but why ban people who make NO attempt to avoid the filter?

-Soro-
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Off-topic, but BlackGarden are you near becoming 18 or something? I hear people in there early teens having an ambition to be a hobba, yet it could be 4 or 5 years away, in which time you may have new interests and new things to do with your life. I wouldn't worry about a ban, unless you're 16, 17 - but if they've told you not to worry, don't worry. :)

Back to the subject; a filter is a boundry, and like all boundries - if it is crossed there is a punishment. Whether you attempt to get past the filter or not, if a Hobba sees you intending to use bad language they are totally in the right to ban you.

About the varies in punishments for not getting past the filter and getting past it, why compare them when they should have the same punishments, and if you've heard stories that they have led to different consequences, I'm sure it will effect your life greatly and you will never ever get over it! :p

By the way, the last line - was a joke! :o

BlackGarden
06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Off-topic, but BlackGarden are you near becoming 18 or something? I hear people in there early teens having an ambition to be a hobba, yet it could be 4 or 5 years away, in which time you may have new interests and new things to do with your life. I wouldn't worry about a ban, unless you're 16, 17 - but if they've told you not to worry, don't worry. :)

Back to the subject; a filter is a boundry, and like all boundries - if it is crossed there is a punishment. Whether you attempt to get past the filter or not, if a Hobba sees you intending to use bad language they are totally in the right to ban you.

About the varies in punishments for not getting past the filter and getting past it, why compare them when they should have the same punishments, and if you've heard stories that they have led to different consequences, I'm sure it will effect your life greatly and you will never ever get over it! :p

By the way, the last line - was a joke! :o

I forgot to add that I found out later that "lesbian" had in fact been filtered because of "errors" with the database. Now you try telling me that's not unfair! I don't even know how on earth a Hobba turned up in the room when I was there alone.
I'm not sure I agree with you. Many people aren't aware of how many terms are filtered. For example, I don't consider "bloody" to be that risqué, and if I didn't know "bloody" was filtered, I might say it. I would not intend to use poor language, or offend anyone, but I would still be liable to be banned for it even though the word is covered by the filter. If you said something that came up as "bobba", and really intended to swear, you would most likely subsequently say the word with .s or *s in it. I really think that for that reason, Hobbas should not be allowed to ban people for "avoiding the filter" when they don't avoid the filter.
And yes, I am 17, I already have a Hobba application in the works from before the age change which will be reviewed after my 18th birthday in May. I should have two recommendations though, so I'm hoping that at least if the ban would otherwise be considered, it will be overlooked because of my recommendations.

Mentor
06-01-2005, 10:15 PM
teh filter annoys me to much, i dont go on habbo atall any more, the fact of the matter is, yes you should fiter sware eowrds, but they go and filter words just becuse they could be used as bad words, athogh u would have to be pretty perverted to read them in that way.
I serioly think they need to get the priorites strate, i dont bleive in the filter, as in my persetption, words are just words, no word is rude. By filtering them there more enocrging people to use them for the bad meanings.

Hippygurl101
07-01-2005, 08:06 PM
What I dont understand is why they 'Bobbaed' the word Cancer.. I mean how is that a bad word?

Hobba Apps...Ah well.. Im in for the wait.. 3 months so far.

Mentor
07-01-2005, 08:47 PM
some of the words they bobba, probly offend more people than they protect.

Gamball
07-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Lin is right, and Arcanum it's true things like ' I got watching the T.V ' end up as ' I go bobba ing the T.V ' now where i hang about is the Habbox Help Desk and i get about 5 Staff members and ' wannabe recommended people ' saying ' Please don't swear ' so I say i didn't and they correct my speech with a dot [ . ] and i can get banned simply for sticking up for my self and showing people that i don't swear :P Lin would you ban me in this situation I know a few hobbas that would! :(

Gamball
07-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Lin is right, and Arcanum it's true things like ' I got watching the T.V ' end up as ' I go bobba ing the T.V ' now where i hang about is the Habbox Help Desk and i get about 5 Staff members and ' wannabe recommended people ' saying ' Please don't swear ' so I say i didn't and they correct my speech with a dot [ . ] and i can get banned simply for sticking up for my self and showing people that i don't swear :P Lin would you ban me in this situation I know a few hobbas that would! :(

la-ur-en
08-01-2005, 06:43 PM
What I dont understand is why they 'Bobbaed' the word Cancer.. I mean how is that a bad word?

I agree, people who have cancer will get offended by this, they will think they are 'freaks' for being something that people are not allowed to say, which they most certainly are not, people who have cancer should not be ashamed, but habbo is putting them down by bobba-ing that word, i find this really unfair, i would be quite offended by this, and in a flash i would be contacting habbo about it!

BlackGarden
17-01-2005, 09:13 PM

Good luck with your application! Maybe we'll end up being in the same "batch". Hold me I'm scared.
I totally agree with you about the word "cancer". I didn't even know they'd done it until I tried to inform my friend that burnt toast caused cancer (which is true...). I was pretty shocked to be honest. Cancer is not a death sentence, and people who have been through cancer are likely to be offended by the exclusion of the discussion of cancer on Habbo.

-Soro-
17-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, nah I don't see any reason why it should be filtered either... It shouldn't offend people who do have cancer... It's an illness - like any other, why is cancer out of all of them the only one that's filtered, and for what reason?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!