PDA

View Full Version : Xbox customer support hell *update!*

.:Subarusti:.
18-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Right so if you didnt read my last post heres a recap:

I got a faulty controller, so i rang, said id get a new one, didnt arrive, rang again didnt arive again, rang again. This time an english guy, said "oh you do have to send it back first, ill email you the information, nothing come thorugh, rung again, american of course "well send you labels in the post for the packaging". Guess what, nothing.

Right so i gave them a ring last night, an american anwsered, gave a brief discription of the problem, she said, ring back in 20 mins and talk to a british representive or something. So i did, and sure enough, an english guy.
So i said i had been told labels would come in the post, and no word of a lie these are his exact words "i dunno why youve been told that mate we dont do that" i said, well last times i spoke to some americans and he said "yeah i know weve been having so many complaints about them". Not that I have anything against the americans, just these particular idiotic and probably fat ones (also on minimum wage, probably). So this guy gave me the right information and now hopefully ill get a brand spanking new gleaming wireless controller.... soon. :eusa_danc

So all in all i think the american call centres, are lazy dim witted and poorly trained!

HUGECOOL
19-04-2006, 02:07 AM
I'm a little confused. How exactly was it that you knew the customer service representative's nationality. o.o

As far as I know, Microsoft's Xbox Customer Service Department is somewhere in Asian due to outsourcing. If the accents of the representative made you derive to such conclusions, it's not really that simple to come to such a quick generalization. In fact, most businesses require that Indian workers have an English or American accent to better communicate with the customers and be more understandable.

BL!NKEY
19-04-2006, 02:11 AM
In fact, most businesses require that Indian workers have an English or American accent to better communicate with the customers and be more understandable.

Yeah most of the customer service people are indian and it is hard to understand then sometimes because of their accents. If they have a accent that I am used to It is helpful.

[/OFFTOPIC]

kano
19-04-2006, 05:34 PM
i dont see why your complaining, they did an excellent job when i had to send my 360 off for repairs. the english guy said they would send me the ups stickers, next day they arrive, pack my 360 up send it off and i recevied it yestaday so it only took a week to repair, not bad if u ask me

in my opinion xbox support is one of the best i have had to deal with

but maybe it was just a one off with you and your controller.

anyway happy gaming!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!