PDA

View Full Version : What music does your family like?

Jordan3
18-04-2006, 08:03 PM
The title is self-explanatory.

My mum and stepdad like a bit of everything really, ranging from R&B to Phantom of the Opera. My sister like R&B and Pop, namely the likes of Jamelia, Hilary Duff and Destiny's Child. My brother likes EVERYTHING. On his PC he has albums from people like 50 Cent, G-Unit, System of a Down and Slayer. No-one really likes my screamo/hardcore music, but I like indie stuff too, my brother got me into Rage Against The Machine and Coldplay.

RedStratocas
18-04-2006, 08:34 PM
I have a musical family in general.

My dad started me off with some old stuff; Queen, Beatles, and I got my own taste from there. You guys know it.

My brother likes some of the same bands I do, but doesnt really 'know' stuff about music. He was always more into sports so my dad didnt really play stuff for him since he didnt really care. He has a taste, but isnt as big into music as me. He OBSESSED with Bush most of all. But he likes other stuff like Coheed & Cambria, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Alien Ant Farm, Old Green Day (Like me), Sublime, and Taproot. I noticed that lately he is trying to find some unheard bands which is good. He used to hate anything out of date, but now he is starting to get into stuff from the 90's thanks to his love of Bush. What kick started him (and me) into music was Jimmy Eat World's album Bleed American.

My Dad is REALLY into music, although you wouldnt know it if you saw him. He has thousands of records, and he converted all of them into CD's over the coarse of a year. He has an eye about seeing talent and who will be big. He was into Bruce Springsteen way before anyone else, and is still a huge fan. He liked R.E.M. before they even had a hit. Hes got everything from Led Zep to The Cars to The Specials in his colection. Recently though, I have been trying to get him into some newer stuff, some I have, some I havent. Ive gotten him into Coldplay for one, now he's a big fan. Last year when I got In Your Honor by Foo Fighters, I asked him to try to get them onto my MP3 player (copyright protection stuff), and while he was doing it, he came across some of the songs, and he liked it. Even though most of it was the second disc, he liked some of the first disc as well. I have yet to play him some of the older stuff he'll like. I got him a little bit into Modest Mouse, but he wasen't very pleased with some of the swearing. He like some of The White Stripes as well.

My mom is a bit weird with music. She likes almost everything my Dad likes, but some more. She loves the album Dookie by Green Day (no clue why:p), a select few Jimmy Eat World songs, and she heard Death Cab For Cutie on the radio and liked it.

Jim Rotates
20-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Brother - A few select Indie bands, like The Libertines and Babyshambles. He also likes The Cribs, The Futureheads, and he likes Coldplay and The Smiths.

Sister - EVERYTHING.

Dad - Sadly I couldn't tell you that.

Mam - **** like Andy Abraham, and she loves Eva Cassidy aswell.

MsTanya
20-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Brother - Bit of everything really, mainly dance/trance though

Mum - Bands like Air, Zero 7 and Happy Mondays. Mostly alright but sometimes she likes some dodgey tunes :|

issaa.
20-04-2006, 10:28 AM
My mum likes pop from the 80s :/

My sister likes hip hop, rnb, rap.. :/

My dad likes stuff like ABBA and Queen. He also likes chart music aswell, he has a thing for 50 Cent.. :/

NekkLe
20-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Well, my dad still has a thing for his old school garage, he has tapes of when he went to raves when he was younger, but hes at the age where hes respecting most types of music.

My mum, she likes Oasis, Red hot Chillies, Ian Brown, coldplay and a bit of dance music.

My bros, my 4 year old bro LOVES Oasis! he sings most of there songs, my other bro like indie music, the strokes etc..
My other bro likes Pop Rap :l I won't bother talking about that.

And finally me, I like most types of music, brought up mainly on Hip Hop, I blame my uncle for that, but about a year or so, i've started to like alot of other music.

TealArms2
20-04-2006, 10:59 AM
My mum likes shayne ward dude and journy south, i dont mind journy south cos i know them but shanye ward is rubbish

and i think most of you know what i like

my rabbit likes the rolling carrots lol

kasi
20-04-2006, 08:31 PM
um, my mom likes r&b, currently has a obsession for massari. lmfaao she bought the new backstreet boys cd recenrly :rolleyes:

and my sister likes pop music, like britney spears and stuff like that [shes 25] ha.

and my step dad likes country rofl sthu.

Ezzie.
21-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Our familly is seriously into rock, we have posters/signed t shirts/ about 200-300 cds of kiss/aerosmith all of that lot :p and even more cds upstairs, my dad who isn't here now (:() Used to play the guitar and he gave me one of his guitars and we used to blast out guns n roses- sweet child of mine :)

Sazzle
21-04-2006, 05:49 PM
My mum thinks shes cool because she listens to the top 40, most of which is rubbish. My dad is still living in the 80's. My brother listens to rnb/hip-hop. One of my sisters is an indie kid (she like everything really though) and my other sister listens to everything also, but mainly rap.

Neversoft
21-04-2006, 05:52 PM
All Different. Me and my cousin like rock/metal music. :)!

MsTanya
21-04-2006, 08:25 PM
My mum thinks shes cool because she listens to the top 40, most of which is rubbish. My dad is still living in the 80's. My brother listens to rnb/hip-hop. One of my sisters is an indie kid (she like everything really though) and my other sister listens to everything also, but mainly rap.
I like your sig. Rachel Bilson is hooooot

Ezzie.
21-04-2006, 10:26 PM

Amen, top of the pops doesn't really have any good songs on anymore :eusa_wall

Axel
21-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Well my dad got me in to happy mondays, cause my dad used to work for them and sometime he would take me away to the citys they played gigs at, but now sean rider (the lead singer) has turned into a crack head, so no more tours for me :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!