PDA

View Full Version : Help VB

Dust-Ball.
22-04-2006, 08:46 AM
I have forgot how to change the icons for the forum from the VB notice boared to something else can anyone help?

Tomm
22-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Just uplaod some new ones into with the same file name and same place as the 'notice board' ones.

Dust-Ball.
22-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Where can i find ythat

the wombats
22-04-2006, 09:00 AM
In the stype options it should say something about buttons, chanhe that URL to the folder in cPanel, eg;

/images/buttons

or what ever

Lycan
22-04-2006, 09:31 AM
right click, properties, grab the file directory and the file name,

make new one to same size and same name and upload it to the directory which is normally images/buttons or images/something lol

Lukeh
22-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Okai the current folder for your buttons is

www.domain.com/forum/images/buttons

Now you can either simply upload the new ones to overwrite these, orr, upload them into the images dir under a new name eg buttons1 , this is probably a better idea so you have the other ones as a backup.

If you do this go into your admin panel go to styles & templates, chose the style you want to edit and click on "all style options and scroll down to where it says Image Paths

then change the "button images" dir to corresponde to this , ie images/buttons1

:) Hope that helped, make sure your new buttons have the same file names as the old ones otherwise they wont be recognised, so open up the /buttons file on your ftp or cpanel whatever, and check they match the folder with the new ones :)

Haraki
22-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Thats just stupid deleting vBulletin images/files.

Just go to Style Manager > Style Vars > Images/Set2/Buttons

Link it to that or something else.

Lukeh
22-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah thats what I said, just use the second part of my post :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!