PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 Help[Rep Given]

Craig
22-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah I'm sorta unsure wether to get one or not. I know the graphics are like amazing and atm can't be beaten but with PS3 out in 1+1/2 years that will rule! Plus most 360 games cost £50 and thats alot of cash for 1 game. Can you play like normal Xbox games on the 360? Also could you give me advantages//disadvantages of getting one as I don't know much about them:) +Rep given!

Infrontation
22-04-2006, 09:20 PM
PS3 will be out in like 6 months I think for a start.
£50 is just rrp, you can pick up new games from places like ASDA for £40-45 and older games or ones that don't sell as well for £35.
You can play normal xbox games on them so that is good.

I need your rep cragumz <3 It will give me 6 rep powa innit,

Ps. Your siggie is slightly big the text, it moves the screen across a bit :P

/Rossco\
22-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah I'm sorta unsure wether to get one or not. I know the graphics are like amazing and atm can't be beaten but with PS3 out in 1+1/2 years that will rule! Plus most 360 games cost £50 and thats alot of cash for 1 game. Can you play like normal Xbox games on the 360? Also could you give me advantages//disadvantages of getting one as I don't know much about them:) +Rep given!

I dont have one but recently while i was away from home there was a room full of these which we got to play for free.

+ points
- controllers have no wires so dont get tangled up int hem or wirs cant snap.
- graphics top class
- I would guess that normal games can be played on the 360 aswel. same console and same disk type.

only disadvantage is the high costs. hoever, wait a month or 2 and it should drop dramatically. its common in teh technology market sector for this to happen.

Lycan
22-04-2006, 09:24 PM
PS3 will be out in like 6 months I think for a start.
£50 is just rrp, you can pick up new games from places like ASDA for £40-45 and older games or ones that don't sell as well for £35.
You can play normal xbox games on them so that is good.

I need your rep cragumz <3 It will give me 6 rep powa innit,

Ps. Your siggie is slightly big the text, it moves the screen across a bit :P

there well worth it, and will probebly be as famous as the n64, starts of great and always a classic

High Deffintion Graphics eat your heart out

MattUH
22-04-2006, 09:28 PM
WAIT!

S-T-O-P
not every xBox game will play on the xBox 360!

http://www.microsoft.com/games/xbox/default.aspx
Helps you see which games work on xBox 360

Dentafrice1
22-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I need the rep also:

There are 2 types of xbox 360s

The Core - The core has everything you need to start playing Xbox 360 Games

The Premium - This comes with adapters to go on almost any tv, hdtv, and your computer monitor. 2 Wireless controls. Premium Chrome that the core does not have. I think Xbox live Gold. And the Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

You cannot play the Original Xbox 360 Games without this hard-drive or forming your own hard drive with cables or usb adapter. I have a 360 so i know how it is and I wished i had got a premium.

Thanks,
Kevin

Infrontation
22-04-2006, 09:31 PM
WAIT!

S-T-O-P
not every xBox game will play on the xBox 360!

http://www.microsoft.com/games/xbox/default.aspx
Helps you see which games work on xBox 360
I can't understand how it does o.O

Lycan
22-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Do it Craig!!!! DO IT!!!!!!!

MattUH
22-04-2006, 09:54 PM
I can't understand how it does o.O

Not every xBox game works with xBox 360 -.-

May of given wrong link dont know havent checked it out in detail.

Neversoft
22-04-2006, 09:57 PM

£50 alot for a game? Well you aint gonna get much cheaper on the PS3, sorry dude. I think the Xbox 360 does have backwards compatability so you can play normal Xbox games on it. If I were you I'd read up about the two and see what one you think you would prefer. If I were you I'd go for the Xbox. It has most games the Playstation has anyway, and It'll be cheaper than the PS3 and you won't have to wait as they're already out.

GoldenMerc
22-04-2006, 10:10 PM
xbox games can play on 360 if you manuly download the file of xbox.com but with somen games you can just download of it,360 graphics are the best on HD tv's there amazing like that £50 isnt alot compaired to PS3 prices.

MattUH
22-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah not all xBox games work without downloading the patches so it works for xBox 360.

Bear-Max
22-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Personally, I'd get one. And I did :P

It's got some great games (Kameo, PDZ, Oblivion, Ghost Recon, PGR3), and it's well worth the money. The controllers are amazingly confortable; a huge improvement over the Xbox controllers yet hardly alien to someone who has used those of the previous console.

To be perfectly honest, there's not going to be much difference between the 360 and the PS3. The quality of graphics this generation is pretty much decided by the TV set you have.

The 360 is now, and will most definately be cheaper. Don't expect a price drop anytime soon though, you'll probably have to wait until Christmas for maybe a £30-50 reduction.

MattUH
22-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Oblivion <-- i got on pc it rocks :)

Yuh if u can wait, as he said above wait near x-mas they will do some good deals.

kooldude23
23-04-2006, 12:37 AM
I need the rep also:

There are 2 types of xbox 360s

The Core - The core has everything you need to start playing Xbox 360 Games

The Premium - This comes with adapters to go on almost any tv, hdtv, and your computer monitor. 2 Wireless controls. Premium Chrome that the core does not have. I think Xbox live Gold. And the Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

You cannot play the Original Xbox 360 Games without this hard-drive or forming your own hard drive with cables or usb adapter. I have a 360 so i know how it is and I wished i had got a premium.

Thanks,
Kevin

Premium only comes with one wireless controller.

Craig
23-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your help guys =] Anymore information I should know?:)

Will Halo+Halo2 play on 360 as I'm unsure from that link ;s

And how do you know that the ps3 is gna be expensive and cost more than £360? ;]

bobbles
23-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I've heard they overheat and melt disks if you play them for a long time in one go
I don't know if it's true though :P

Infrontation
23-04-2006, 09:27 AM
I've heard they overheat and melt disks if you play them for a long time in one go
I don't know if it's true though :P
That happens if you place it in a cabinet or something and there is no space for the fans too work proberly I believe.

Craig
23-04-2006, 09:28 AM
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/659411/XBox_360_Console/Product.html

Thats the cheapeast I have found so far~is that cheap? ;D

Tyed
23-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeh Its Better If The Power Pack Thing Is Offground Or It Overheats

HUGECOOL
23-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Xbox 360

Advantage

- Wireless controllers (Only on Premium package)
- Excellent online gaming
- Commendable graphics
- Customizeable console
- Backwards compatible (Premium Package is best. Core Package does not support many of the games.)

Disadvantages

- System issues
- Overheating seems to be an issue (The 360s that are coming out in 2007 will feature hardware that gives off less heat.)
- Games look better on HD.
- Online community is very immature. (Hey, sounds like Habbox!)

Customer service right now is horrible for Xbox. If you're going to buy a 360, buy it in 2007 when all the bugs and issues have been taken care of. It's also been rumored that a price drop for the Core package will be taking place during the holidays.

PS3

Advantages

- BluRay Media
- Graphics will probably be better than 360. (But they'll probably be the same)
- Backwards compatible
- Downloadable games from past consoles. (Why couldn't Nintendo think of that?!)

Disadvantages

- Crap online (POV from what I've experiences on PS2.)
- Controller won't feature an on/off button to power console.
- There is no controller right now. (Disregard statement above.)
- Will be more pricey. It's already been said by Sony, to which they said getting another job would be the best decision.
- Sequels and prequels galore of past games.

The system will be like a 360 on steroids, but will have lackluster games. Graphics are rumored to be substantionally better than those of the 360, but proof has always been missing after such comments.

Emo Tom
23-04-2006, 09:52 AM

Don't bother with getting the ps3 I have an xbox360 & it's truely amazing although I only have just 1 game.

PS3 game's will be very expensive.

There arn't really any disadvantages of getting an Xbox360 although the price of the games & console is quite ALOT of money.

Infrontation
23-04-2006, 10:19 AM
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/659411/XBox_360_Console/Product.html

Thats the cheapeast I have found so far~is that cheap? ;D
play.com is normally one of the cheapest places too buy

Bear-Max
23-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Actually, customer services are really good for the 360. If you have a problem, they'll replace your 360 with a reconditioned models. There have even been cases where they have sent free games, controllers and hard drives back with the console.

The online community is really great, if you play with the right people. Xbox Live Arcade is a very good function the system has; Geometry Wars is my favourite game at the moment, but Street Fighter and Pac-Man have been confirmed to be coming soon. Demos are a really good idea too; it's helped me make decisions on quite a few titles - made me want Kameo and Tomb Raider, and shy away from The Outfit and Full Auto.

NekkLe
23-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Don't bother with getting the ps3 I have an xbox360 & it's truely amazing although I only have just 1 game.

PS3 game's will be very expensive.

There arn't really any disadvantages of getting an Xbox360 although the price of the games & console is quite ALOT of money.
I can't see games for the PS3 being anymore expensive than on the Xbox 360. £50 is pushing it in my eyes, what happened to £35? I thought thta was alot..

If you want online play, i'd go with the 360, PS2 failed online and I wouldn't think twice about the joy of Xbox live :p

Craig
23-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks for your help guys =] Anymore information I should know?:)

Will Halo+Halo2 play on 360 as I'm unsure from that link ;s

And how do you know that the ps3 is gna be expensive and cost more than £360? ;]

^^

+Rep to everyone:) Just to save up now!

Neversoft
23-04-2006, 12:23 PM

Because that is the estimated price and its always the most expensive. A waste if you buy the PS3 if you ask me.

.:Subarusti:.
23-04-2006, 01:23 PM
i have a xbox 360, and this is what i have to say. It is the best console i have ever played on in my entire life. The games are around £40 now, and get xbox live, sooo sooo worth it. The PS3 couldnt hold a candle to XBOX live, if not the XBOX 360 itself, so i say....
Buy the premium package :D

P.S why are you still here, go go!!!

oh and neversoft once again i agree with you, and also, when the PS1 first came out games were £50 and the console was around £300. So dont call the 360 expensive, when consoles are new they are always pricey.

Neversoft
23-04-2006, 01:29 PM
i have a xbox 360, and this is what i have to say. It is the best console i have ever played on in my entire life. The games are around £40 now, and get xbox live, sooo sooo worth it. The PS3 couldnt hold a candle to XBOX live, if not the XBOX 360 itself, so i say....
Buy the premium package :D

P.S why are you still here, go go!!!

oh and neversoft once again i agree with you, and also, when the PS1 first came out games were £50 and the console was around £300. So dont call the 360 expensive, when consoles are new they are always pricey.

And I quote your sig - Revoloution And 360 OWNS ALL. Ps3 is just rubbish!

Excellent! ;D

timROGERS
23-04-2006, 01:30 PM
PS3 will be more expensive than the 360, I think the BluRay Drive and the Processor alone cost more than the whole 360.

NekkLe
23-04-2006, 01:34 PM
PS3 will be more expensive than the 360, I think the BluRay Drive and the Processor alone cost more than the whole 360.
I agree, but do you think they'll make more money selling at a lower price than what is thought to be? I keep hearing around the £350 mark which I would save up for. But if they sold it for another £100, I think they'd loose out tbh.

Neversoft
23-04-2006, 01:45 PM
I agree, but do you think they'll make more money selling at a lower price than what is thought to be? I keep hearing around the £350 mark which I would save up for. But if they sold it for another £100, I think they'd loose out tbh.

They would. Bringing up what Fyta said now - Microsoft and Sony lose profit when they sell their console because they have to keep it low so people will still be intrested in buying them.

One post till your 5000th. :P

NekkLe
23-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Glad you agree :)

Oh yes, tis be my 5000 post ;O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!