PDA

View Full Version : quick help ... :p

iNicks
23-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Well I have a layout sliced and coded, not using iFrames as I dont lie them, using expandable tables, and I named a table "content" and I need help opening pages into that table ....

ive tryed this code but it doesnt work

<base target="content" /><a href="www.werehabbo.com/uknews.php">News</a>

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

D3stroyer
23-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I say this over and over Tables and expanding tables our the same thing, they both expand, expanding tables, is just a name people use to make themselves look leet.

Erm as for that code it should work.

Daza

iNicks
23-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Yea I know ... but hmmm, code dont work ...

Encryptions!
23-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Actually D3stroyer I think you are wrong. I was always under the impression that 'Expanding' tables are tables that have no height value set.

nets
23-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Tables aren't like IFrames, they don't open other pages inside of them. You need to link it to another page, which has all the same HTML as the current one the user would be viewing, but with what content you want changed, changed.

Mentor
23-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Actually D3stroyer I think you are wrong. I was always under the impression that 'Expanding' tables are tables that have no height value set.
Even with a hieght value, a table will still exspand to fit what ever content is placed in to it? provided you havent changed its defult overflow behavior, so i cant see what differnce there is in that? from a normal table "/

Plus tables shoulnt have height attributes at all, the mark up was droped by w3 "/

Encryptions!
23-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Even with a hieght value, a table will still exspand to fit what ever content is placed in to it? provided you havent changed its defult overflow behavior, so i cant see what differnce there is in that? from a normal table "/

Plus tables shoulnt have height attributes at all, the mark up was droped by w3 "/
Tables shouldn't be used at all except in tabular uses as they're not supposed to be used for Layout creation that is why there is XHTML and CSS for styling.

Mentor
23-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Tables shouldn't be used at all except in tabular uses as they're not supposed to be used for Layout creation that is why there is XHTML and CSS for styling.
... .. would you just clarife for me how exsactly that effects what i just said in any consevable way? tabular data or normal content, the hight tags droped ether way "/

timROGERS
24-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I'd like to use CSS for my coding, but I find that it's appearance changes from computer to computer :P

Sygon.
24-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Well I have a layout sliced and coded, not using iFrames as I dont lie them, using expandable tables, and I named a table "content" and I need help opening pages into that table ....

ive tryed this code but it doesnt work

<base target="content" /><a href="www.werehabbo.com/uknews.php">News</a>
Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

ermwouldnt it help if u used tabke tags?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!