PDA

View Full Version : SpyWare

properclone
26-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Watch out for spyware. I got some that used 100% of my CPU so whenever anything was open my PC crashed!

:mad: Bo' Selecta! :mad:

Then my PC wouldn't turn on and after a few long mins of banging my head on blunt objects in dissbelief I realised I incidently pulled the plug out in anger.

Thread locked by crashb555 (Forum Moderator): Thread locked as it was bumped

NOBLE-MAN
27-06-2004, 08:00 PM
lol yer what does spyware do and how u get rid of it?

:Illusion
27-06-2004, 08:06 PM
lol yer what does spyware do and how u get rid of it?
Most of it's harmless, jus trackin cookies to see what sites you use :S :mad: www.lavasoft.de download ad-aware6.0 to get rid of it :)

Moose
27-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Yes.. SPyware i remember when i got on habbo (home page) i got these pop-ups from those... :-/ why would habbo advertize that? :confused:

Jin
27-06-2004, 09:34 PM
I am a computer geek :D spy ware such as key loggers are programs that are run in the background with out you realising what you are doing. Keyloggers for instance are a good one ( not saying that i condone the usage of em :D)
Every button you press on your keyboard it logs down so when you use habbo it will log down things like passwords and user names and credit card details. However they are not illegal to posses I own one so i can monitor what goes on at mine and my bros work it can be used by network/system admin to monitor what their students or staff do with their pc's it is illegal however if it is installed on to a pc which the installer has no rights what so ever to do. Virus can be downloaded from anything but it wont automaticly start it has to be triggered by an application ( for example Internet explorer) before it activates your virus checker wont find it until it is activated you could have 100s of inactive viruses on your pc without your knowledge which are completly harmless. So dont worry the best thing to do is to invest in to some anti-virus and anti-spyware BUT be warn all Kazaa users (yet again i do not condone illegaly downloading) Kazaa comes with a view spy-ware it self 1 known as GAIN it monitors your downloads and uploads. If it is removed (without modifying the software, Which is illegal also) it will cause kazaa to stop working ( they are clever) and you will need to re download.

As for evil brandon habbo was not advertising that that was unique to YOU loads of people visit sites and get pop ups and other things that is due to AD-ware which also comes with kazaa(see not so good now) it constantly is running and will advertise things only when you enter a page with different proxy settings than a search engine (because search engines are designed so you get no ads and if the ad-ware did display one it would become obvious that there is an adware program on the pc. A good way to minamalise pop-ups is to get broadband oand/or download the msn or google task bar both come with a pop up blocker downloaded the one you use the most (i got google because i use googlethe most ;) ) neother questions can be asked via pm :D

NOBLE-MAN
28-06-2004, 03:46 PM
lol u do know alot :p

lauralol
28-06-2004, 04:27 PM
I never get pop ups but I aint got neither of them toolbars :confused: I havent had 1 pop up since i got the internet :D

Cush!lad
28-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Talking about viruses, has anyone heard abou the Scob virus? I read that its a huge loophole in Microsoft's mainframe, that hackers can exploit. And yeh, those toolbars do work :)

Concentric
28-06-2004, 09:14 PM
gosh jinsins i cant be bothered reading all that
try and simplify your posts :cool:

Serapth
29-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Jinsins is correct and would seem very knoledgable on spyware! My advice is dont support spyware and get some spyware removal software asap.

Adaware is a good example, personally i recomend spysweeper as it finds spyware that adaware couldnt AND removes the sc_keylogger (the main type of keylogger that people send to steal habbo accounts)

http://www.foxwar.com/signature/Serapth.png

Ryan+Joe
28-05-2006, 11:14 AM
rong s3ction k pl0x.

dont bump

Kasabian
28-05-2006, 12:32 PM
This thread is over 2years old...

Someone was bored :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!