PDA

View Full Version : My dog died but people are calling me a murderer

Frurb
24-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes, sadly my dog called Lassie, aged 17, got put down as well.. she couldn't do much with her body now.. Apart from look cute.. But I told somefriends at school who I know well and they all said 'You what?? You got her put down? Thats well out of order!'.
But I realise what they are on about.. But it REALLY is not nice to watch them suffer, sure it's horrible to let your loved pet go but her eyesight was terrible and her legs were flying allover..

Who's ever told their friend and has had that reaction? Btw im only in KS3 so I don't expect everyone to understand WHY exactly..

Piipp
24-04-2006, 06:37 PM
:o Golly gosh you murderer!

Only joking, if I were dying, I'd rather die painlessly and quickly, rather than a long, slow painful death... You did the right thing.

DMB-Hosting
24-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Look you did whats best for you pet ignore them, theyll grow out of there immatureness

Chaz
24-04-2006, 07:07 PM
How immiture.

You did the right thing.

Wayne
24-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Look you did whats best for your pet ignore them

I agree. You did the right thing.

Phorum
24-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Ignore them! If you were the pet what would you want to happen?

Frurb
25-04-2006, 03:09 PM
:o Golly gosh you murderer!

Only joking, if I were dying, I'd rather die painlessly and quickly, rather than a long, slow painful death... You did the right thing.

I'd rather get put down if I was in her condition..

Lyca
25-04-2006, 03:10 PM
You put the dogs health and hapiness first
Well done you did the right thing

Krusty
25-04-2006, 03:11 PM
tell them:
if it was your dog, the story would be diffrent wudnt it?
;)

Janumz
25-04-2006, 03:19 PM
You did what was best for your dog ^^;;

I think my dog was.. 14 last year, and we ended up getting him put down =( But he was suffering badly, and could hardly even walk, so we decided it would be best for him.. <3

Heather
25-04-2006, 03:53 PM
It's better to put a pet down than leave it in pain. They also seem ignorant to the fact that it is extremely difficult to put a pet down as they become somewhat part of your family.

Piipp
25-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Frurb I said I would have too... Duh.

Cloud-Strife
26-04-2006, 04:14 PM
You did the right thing, leaving them in a bad condition is worse for them it makes the rest of their lives an unhappy misery. putting them down takes them out of this misery and allows them to slip painlessly away to the greater beyond.

My dog was 13 i think when we had toi put him down, he had cut his leg on a piece of wire which the council left hsanging aorund ever since then his leg got worse. Up until the point when he could not walk anymore :( .:'(
So they were immature saying that to you!
It was a lot better for the dog and you as you did not want to see her suffer.

Frurb
28-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Frurb I said I would have too... Duh.
Sorry I forgot to put 'too' on the end..
My bad..

Condas
28-04-2006, 08:27 PM
MURDER :'(

Juicette
02-05-2006, 12:01 AM
How immiture.

You did the right thing.

I agree with him.

Ah, scary seeing a dog die.

Phorum
06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
You did what was best for your dog ^^;;

I think my dog was.. 14 last year, and we ended up getting him put down =( But he was suffering badly, and could hardly even walk, so we decided it would be best for him.. <3
Yeah exactly

nets
06-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Your friends are clearly stupid. I don't have time for stupid people.

lMattz
07-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Frurb whoever thinks your a murderer clearly needs to be ****ing shot. Ignore them!

- Matt

Colourfulâ„¢
08-05-2006, 04:17 PM
You've done the right thing, we've had to do the same once.

bingoking
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
If it was there dog who died and you called them a murderer they would just start crying like a baby, ignore them.

MattUH
08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
I've had to do the same as you, My dog got out of my house (Bluemurl) nad ran across the road as another dog was on other side, while he was running he got hit by a car and was dragged four houeses down, we went to the vets and they said he would die within 24 hours, we got told he was in no pain and that he would just slip away in his sleep. So we though ok last 24 hours we will be next to him, only he didint die.. He was alive for the next 4 months till we saw something was wrong with his left paw, he was limping so back to the vets and they turned round and gave us two choices.

- Put him down now
- Have an op on his leg (remove it)

Of course we put him down, but i got called all names under the sun afterwards, however i felt i did the right thing in the long run. a dog with three legs yeah can still live but i just felt it was wrong she i had him put down.

Now you may say thats wrong and he could still be alive but i dont care.

Dude, stay strong and ignore everyone eles!

Mentor
08-05-2006, 08:40 PM
As a side note, you can only murder humans, not animals so murdering a dog is technicaly immposiable, Killing it is the closest thing

8Freak8
08-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Frurb I am such an animal lover and I have nothing against you for making that choice. Seventeen is a good age for a dog, I'm sure she had a good run.

ub3rstr1ker513
09-05-2006, 12:26 PM
you HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON, HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING, Haha, Kidding buddy, it was a great thing to do, my mate down the road, Gavin, his dog had cancer or some sort of disease, his dog lost its eyesight, couldnt walk, and ended up getting put down. <3 Good work. *Prays to Dog-God for lassie<3*

Rockstar
14-05-2006, 06:34 PM
you did the rhight thing the poor thing was probly sufering andou didnt know and that was probly the best thing to do so dont let these post's bother you?:D

Jordan3
14-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, my dog got arthitis and couldn't move, so we got him put down, it's for the best to be honest.

Billabong
15-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Look, You did the right thing, I had to have my dog put down, liver problems. She was in pain you could tell. We had her checked over and the vet said there was nothing they could do as they couldn't operate due to her being so old (13) so they said it was up to us. We chose to have her put down. Its horrid but its the best thing to do to avoid suffering.

I think you did the right thing, don't worry about what your so called friends say. They must be prats. They don't repesct that you are going through a difficult time and they cheek you over you having to have your dog put down. Ye great friends

Frurb
07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Cheers guys..
Its been about 2 months now and its strange not to see them there..
Walk down in the morning and you expect to see them there giving you some kind of greeting..
Anyone felt the same?

Piipp
07-06-2006, 06:41 PM
OMG whichever n00b bad repped me READ THE REST OF MY POST AND NOTE THAT I DIDN'T CALL ANYONE A MURDERER!

MattUH
07-06-2006, 08:00 PM
LAWL. go to the report rep thingy thread dude.

Flap
10-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Ignore those people, they're just being stupid..
Your dog lived until it was 17, thats good! If she was suffering then its best to have her put down, 'Cause it would be horrible to see her die slowly and painfully

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!