PDA

View Full Version : Parkour

Jacko2kn3
03-01-2005, 08:48 PM
No, not those eskimo coats, I'm talking about Parkour, that new sport featured on TV documentery "Jump London".

My friend just showed me the site:
Urban Free Flow (http://www.urbanfreeflow.com)

DO NOT TRY IT WITHOUT READING THE FUNDAMENTALS AND PRACTICING!
(she made me put that :p)

Anyway, what you guys think, cool or WHAT?

I'm so gonna try and do some of the simple things, and who knows, you might see me climbing a crane and jumping about dressed as SpiderMan for "Jumpers for Justice" ;)

KevSays
07-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I love it.

Jump Britain is better though.

There's a game coming out based on it.

_Olam_
07-01-2005, 02:11 PM
I heard about this too, I saw excerpts from the show as it was on behind me, it looked pretty groovy.

Being a wall runner myself (nothing flashy, just running up the wall and jumping off from a 'high' distance, and I can also run along the wall with 2 steps, working on 3... ... you can tell I do a lot in my P.E lessons can't you?)
it's quite fascinating. It's all about balance though...

Ciaran
07-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh man parkour and freerunnin!!!
The best sport eva and he was right u dnt haveto be great to do it.. just jump off summat or climb it... amazing i was inspired so much we are setting up a team but we are training in the local gy for 3 months+
Goodluck wid every try not to hurt yaselfs

Jacko2kn3
07-01-2005, 10:01 PM
*grin* FINALLY REPLIES!

It was quite scarey, my friend showed me the website a week ago, and then Jump Britain was on, freaky

Everyone in my school is talking about PK. Personally I stink at it, but I'm going to try and do stuff. Mostly I'm practicing running up my garage wall, grabbing on and jumping off.

Basic moves can be found here (http://www.urbanfreeflow.co.uk/fundamentals/fundamentals.htm).

Like I said in my first post, make sure you learn the basics, if not you can be seriously hurt.

I had a go at PK in my form at school today, man that was funny. Standing on a chair, jumping off and rolling on carpet which is as hard as concrete, didn't half hurt :P

Twas a good laugh though. On Sunday me and a few mates are thinking of going running and looking for places to jump, if the damn English rain has ceased.

Happy PK-ing all!

tbh imo no m8
07-01-2005, 10:11 PM
i luv it i tryed sum 2 day i wanna get into it btw i took notice of the siote this morning be 4 trying it :D

Jacko2kn3
07-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Good, that's the best thing.

I was so dying to dive off a green box (I think they have telephone/TV/internet/electricity cables in, not sure) but the ground was wet and muddy :(.

Prevxpro
07-01-2005, 10:16 PM
i think parkour is fantastic

i am good at it too yay lol
i can do the flips and the vaults it is soo interesting :D

www.urbanfreeflow.co.uk

thats a gr8 site i am UnknownManic on it :D

SSC7
08-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Lol I was inspired also by the Jump London thing. I took a look at the site and read the fundamentals and had a go outside. I jumped off my Swingset in the back yard and on a table outside also. I had to go in after 10 minutes because when I jumped off my table I rolled in my dogs poo. :eusa_doh: It was fun though. The first ouple times i tried rolling I would bash my shoulder but now Ive got the hang ofit

Jacko2kn3
09-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Everyone, listen up.

Parkour Forum up and running. Only been open a few hours today. Come sign up if you like parkour.

PK Explosion (http://pkexplosion.myfreebb.com/)

My mate is making the site, I made the forum.

So come sign up and join, let's talk PK and post pictures/videos of us doing it and stuff :D

Mentor
17-01-2005, 10:37 PM
This is going to turn in to a fad isnt it....

Fingerboots
18-01-2005, 09:54 AM
That's awesome, I loved watching people to do that. I wouldn't be to good, I fall over standing still sometimes :l
Haha, Jacko I will look out for you jumping around dressed as Spiderman. ;) Good luck to people trying? Yeeehaww

Jacko2kn3
18-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Costumed nutter jumping about streets of cities across northern england

:lol:

properclone
18-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Haha!
It's amazing how TV influences some people, don't put him infront of a horror film, who knows what could happen..

Ciaran
18-01-2005, 05:25 PM
lol good point but i think jump britain gave everyone the impression it could be done so thats why people were effected so much by it...

Jacko2kn3
18-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Haha!
It's amazing how TV influences some people, don't put him infront of a horror film, who knows what could happen..

Lmao! Good one :p

I watch Desperate Housewives, let's hope I don't become one :O

Ok, thread stealing over. It's surprising how many people got involved with Parkour after Jump Britain/London, but it was such a cool program.

Ryan
18-01-2005, 06:18 PM
it was on again and i missed it :@ grrrrrrr

Fingerboots
19-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Jacko.. A housewife.. I knew it!!
Yeah, apparently these kids tried to redo a scene from Scream and they ended up killing a guy. Anyway, moving swiftly onwards!
It reminds me of Jackass except.. it actually works. ;D

Jacko2kn3
19-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Jacko.. A housewife.. I knew it!!
Curses, my identity is out *mutters*

Yeah, apparently these kids tried to redo a scene from Scream and they ended up killing a guy. Anyway, moving swiftly onwards!
Yeah, I heard something like that happened, but about the game Manhunt (Very Violent, kids, don't get it ;)). Some kids went around on a killing spree with all sorts of weapons (Household stuff, not guns) and they never got life because they blamed the video game "/.

Ryan
19-01-2005, 07:41 PM
i havent heard about the killin spree but i did hear about this kid taking a hammer to his mate and blaming manhunt

xJoeYx
22-01-2005, 02:53 PM
And what about the film Childs Play? that influenced 2 10 yr olds to take a 3yr old away from his mum in a shopping centre, they led him away and stoned him to death.

Well anyway i dont think i'll get interested in parkour, its not really my thing, it will probably end up getting banned in public areas.

Jacko2kn3
22-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Keep this on topic and family friendly please guys!

ted-crilley
22-01-2005, 06:53 PM
:o Parkour will never get banned it will be kept alive by traceurs,

Ive been freerunning for about 3 years i would hardly say i was doing a "Fad" sport. When the program jump britain was released a few weeks ago and Jump London the dvd was out ageeees ago.

I reliase that there will be a lot of people wanting to attempt it so in that way it will be faddish but for People like myself who have been freerunning for Ageees we would hardly call it a fad sport your forgetting that before jump britain was made there were still around 1000+ members registered to a small le parkour forum,

Long Live Parkour !!!

Why walk when you car run?

Why fall when you can Glide :D

Mined
22-01-2005, 06:57 PM
That Free running was well good, i was going to try it but i probably would of died Lol.

Ciaran
22-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Yeh its good fun but self confidence is a big problem for alot of people....

Jacko2kn3
22-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't have a problem. If I hurt myself, I'm not that bothered, I'll survive.

But jumping over buildings a couple of floors above ground level, then I'd mind :lol:

Fingerboots
24-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Haha, same for me Mister Housewife. Yep yep yep..
I am very slow at all of this.. But is Parkour on TV anymore or was it never even on it? I've only seen Jump Britain so I don't really have a clue. :')

Jacko2kn3
17-03-2005, 07:33 PM
*cough*shameless bumpage*cough*

It probably will be on again, but it'll be a while. Urban Free Flow (www.urbanfreeflow.co.uk) has loads of videos you can watch ;)

Why watch it when you can get out and do it? ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!