PDA

View Full Version : How did you learn of "bad words"?

Moose
26-04-2006, 04:21 AM
Well the first time I learned of bad words was when I was watching TV, when at that time saying the Be-eye-Tee-Ci-ech word wasn't even permited to be said on TV. I heard it and then repeated it over and over at school and to my mom.

As for the "f" word, I was in second grade (year 2). I was walking around the class and I noticed a book propped up opened and I peeped inside and saw it was a "sign language book" well I a cartoonish bear with its middle finger popped up and well, I then did it and flipped off a black chick and she told the teacher and I got into lots of trouble... I tried explaning that I didn't know what it ment and how I saw it in the book but, it was a bear with four fingers explaining "Z", so I was forgived. I asked for the definition to the word, and got bad looks and was told not to do it... then later I asked my cousin and she said "ooooo" and wouldn't tell me. I later learned of the defintion from my friend.

HUGECOOL
26-04-2006, 04:32 AM
I learned about inappropriate languag pretty much through observation. I would see how people reacted to whatever someone else said to them. I noticed some words made people have a a dramatic change in reaction when such verbiage was used in conversation, so I simply refrained from using them. I was about 3-4 when this happened.

When I was in school, some boys got in trouble for using those words, so I simply assumed they weren't meant to be said.

Live and learn. :)

Well, at any rate, you live. :p

Tomm
26-04-2006, 07:02 AM
I learned about inappropriate languag pretty much through observation. I would see how people reacted to whatever someone else said to them. I noticed some words made people have a a dramatic change in reaction when such verbiage was used in conversation, so I simply refrained from using them. I was about 3-4 when this happened.

When I was in school, some boys got in trouble for using those words, so I simply assumed they weren't meant to be said.

Live and learn. :)

Well, at any rate, you live. :p

I dont think at 3/4 you looked at people and understood there reactions and dramatic changed when 'certain' works were said.

DaveTaylor
26-04-2006, 09:05 AM
lol my parents

Biseinen
26-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Ummm, lets see, I learned about vulgar language around the age of 9 or 10. I would see some kid saying it and I wouldn't know what it meant, so I would be going around saying them and then I would get told off for saying them and that they were 'Naughty Words' and that I couldn't say them.

A few years later I learnt what they meant and then I just control what I say. =P Not that hard not to use the 'F word'. Hehe.

Adam$
26-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Friends, and TV basically.

Neversoft
26-04-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't know to be honest.

GJay
26-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Hmm I thik I knew of bad words when I came into my secondary school. I didn't start swearing until I was about 15 I think.

fgtDOG
26-04-2006, 02:37 PM
when I was 4 in daycare, this kid would rage on anything, and always got in timeouts because he was swearing at adults

issaa.
26-04-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't know to be honest.
Same..

OMGitsaROSS
26-04-2006, 03:18 PM
my first f word was in pre-school

carrying them dry powder paints dropped em n go oh f'ing hell what an f' up

Toes
26-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Froma friend when i was... 5 :P

Charles
26-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Hmm. I don't really know, probably my older brothers friends said some..and they said I shouldnt repeat them as they're bad.

emo...
26-04-2006, 03:28 PM
in year 1, i heard them off my brother, coz hes 2 years older than me. then i told loads of people and we had the rudey club. it was wear we had to research swear words. lol! :eusa_danc

Robzor
26-04-2006, 03:41 PM
i heard them when my parents were arguing x'D

NekkLe
26-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Parents, school and the place where its normal to swear is at work.

Proof!
26-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Films and schools really....

velvet
26-04-2006, 05:10 PM
The older kids round my street taught me. S;

Groovy
26-04-2006, 05:17 PM
hmm..probably tv, school or older sister lol am not sure. :P

Jordan3
26-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Not sure, I don't know, I guess I just heard friends and family saying it, and things on TV, so I probably just picked it all up? I never started swearing properly, as in normal conversation 'til I was 11/12.

Charlie
26-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I probs picked it up from tv, friends and family. When i was like 8/9 and i hung out with my cousin, He'd say loads so i learnt some from him too.

zak-x
26-04-2006, 05:24 PM
My dad.

RedStratocas
26-04-2006, 07:09 PM
My parents used them all the time, its amazing the F word wasent my first word. Wouldnt that be cute? We knew they were bad, but we heard them all the time.

Jordan3
26-04-2006, 07:12 PM
My parents used them all the time, its amazing the F word wasent my first word. Wouldnt that be cute? We knew they were bad, but we heard them all the time.

Lmao, the F word was my cousin's first word =]

HUGECOOL
27-04-2006, 12:24 AM
I dont think at 3/4 you looked at people and understood there reactions and dramatic changed when 'certain' works were said.
Yes, I did, actually. Unlike most people, I didn't lack an imagination.

Younger children are known to explore the world from a more in depth perception than adults or older children, therefore, they tend to be more observant towards facial expressions, gestures, and other forms of emotion that we don't normally notice.

Metric.
27-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I've know the "f" since before I could remember, my mom constantly uses it. She dosen't use it as much as she did before becuase now she has to carry on conversations without that being every seccond word. It's funny how I didn't really pick it up. I occasionally use it, but not all the time like she does. Especially after she quit smoking, she uses it more. For example we were at the used car lot and she was like "I want to take that b**** for a test drive" and the man was like, "we don't have a key" and she said "F***".
My brothers are the same '-.-

Playgirl
27-04-2006, 05:52 AM
I learned a lot of 'bad' words from my cousins. I would go over to their house and come back home and be like 'mam, what does ____ mean?' *cue she chokes on coffee*

Herman
27-04-2006, 06:37 AM
I learned a lot of 'bad' words from my cousins. I would go over to their house and come back home and be like 'mam, what does ____ mean?' *cue she chokes on coffee*

LMAO.

Mine's from televisions, friends, family. Basicly from anyone who I observe. o_O

crash
27-04-2006, 06:45 AM
parents.

NIKKEE
27-04-2006, 03:17 PM
dad, he doesnt mind if i swear, he says it's just a word
my dads a kewel dad :8

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!