PDA

View Full Version : Idea.

holo-jonny
27-04-2006, 02:30 PM
In "Change My habbo I.D." My idea is one of your options in that should allow to change your name.
Maybe Hc only.

superkat
27-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Habbo's argument would be that you could just register a new account. I really don't like this idea because it'll lead to all sorts of problems and scams. Say you scammed me out of a throne or something and i sent a CFH saying Holo-Jonny scammed me out of a throne you could go and change your name to cfoegogo then they'd be nothing to link you to the scam.

holo-jonny
27-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Hmm maybe you could view there previous names.
P.S. I would never scam any1.

superkat
27-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Hmm maybe you could view there previous names.
P.S. I would never scam any1.

I know, because you started this thread i thought i'd use your name as an example as my post was directed towards you.

Wayne
27-04-2006, 03:36 PM
It is a good idea. The downfalls of creating a new habbo is the fact that no one knows who you are, you have to keep trading furni onto the new account, and the trophies you had on your old account that you trade onto the new one makes you look like you have different account's trophies, if you understand.

But, I suppose it could make scammers get away with stuff.

holo-jonny
27-04-2006, 03:36 PM
It is a good idea. The downfalls of creating a new habbo is the fact that no one knows who you are, you have to keep trading furni onto the new account, and the trophies you had on your old account that you trade onto the new one makes you look like you have different account's trophies, if you understand.

But, I suppose it could make scammers get away with stuff.Ahem read my 2nd post.

Wayne
27-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Ahem read my 2nd post.

Sorry, mouse scrolled past that bit. :eusa_wall

FlyingJesus
27-04-2006, 10:47 PM
It would still be abused all of the time, and would probably open up all sorts of routes for scripters to take advantage of things. All you need do is make a new name and then tell people who you are.. quite simple.

dannyboymed
27-04-2006, 10:54 PM
It'd have to be fine tuned though.

Example:

People who have been HC for 6 months only, and even then they can only have a maximum of 2 changes per year. (1 per six months).

HUGECOOL
28-04-2006, 12:08 AM
People will take advantage of the idea and register a lot of names which can become troublesome for newcomers wanting names.

FlyingJesus
28-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Any ideas that involve lots of change to the way Habbo is coded aren't at all likely to be taken on board, especially not if they don't profit Sulake in any way. Love the sig Fyta :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!