PDA

View Full Version : Anti Racism project - want to take part?

Calzeh
29-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey guys.

I'm working on a new website which promotes racial and cultural equality. The kind of things we are focusing on is what is beauty and how it doesn't matter what your skin colour is, what walk of life you come from, which religion you believe in, whether you are fat thin ginger blonde or brunette or anything else like that.

Anyway. I had the idea that I will make a page with quotes of what other people think. So if you have any comments to make which support equality, then they could get featured in the project.

If you're interested, just post below with a comment.

For example...

"The world wouldn't be complete without appreciating all the colours of the rainbow."
from Cally

You can look at the site after, but there is still some changes which need to be made so it's not officially open yet. In the future there will be other ways for you to take part, but this is the first.

Thanks everyone. :) If you take part, you're really doing something positive.

<3

Metric.
29-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm down with the brown & aight with the white & everyone else.
I just don't like fakes.

I use to be not not very acceping to other races, but now I love them all.
I have a lot of black friends and I love them to bits <3

Damn
29-04-2006, 03:53 PM
*MESSAGE REMOVED*

Xuzuno (Forum Moderator) - Please don't post comments that may offend other people.

NekkLe
29-04-2006, 03:55 PM
nigggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sthu you ignorant small minded ****!

Grindie
29-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Now that's the sorta immaturity that get's people killed.

Sabu
29-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Here we go again -.- This time hes being racist :rolleyes:

EDIT: Can he even spell correctly?

Grindie
29-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Here, this may help you:

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotations/racism/

Mr.Kylee
29-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Um..

different on the outside, the same on the inside? ;x

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:00 PM

Go back to the trailer you came from bobba.

Sygon.
29-04-2006, 04:01 PM
:D Im interested alot, im a webmaster so that may help you, drop me a pm,

heres a link to my work

http://sygon.carbonmade.com

and my blog

http://sygonsworld.net

Grindie
29-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Go back to the trailer you came from white trash.
Ok, so he may of offended you, but there's no need to stoop to his level, I suggest you edit that post.

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok, so he may of offended you, but there's no need to stoop to his level, I suggest you edit that post.

I just moved out of a trailer.

Calzeh
29-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks to the people being serious. and Elliot ta for that link ;P

keep them coming guys, great so far (except for the people being silly)

Grindie
29-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I just moved out of a trailer.
And?

What he said was really out of order, but if you don't edit your post I don't think you're going to be the only one who's going to be offended

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:07 PM
And?

What he said was really out of order, but if you don't edit your post I don't think you're going to be the only one who's going to be offended

Done K.

Calzeh
29-04-2006, 04:07 PM
:D Im interested alot, im a webmaster so that may help you, drop me a pm,

heres a link to my work

http://sygon.carbonmade.com

and my blog

http://sygonsworld.net
Ooh cool. If we need anyone I will keep you in mind!

NekkLe
29-04-2006, 04:09 PM
You could maybe include a poem? one of my personal faveroutes is by John Agard and his poem is called 'Half cast'.

Excuse me
standing on one leg
I'm half-caste

Explain yuself
wha yu mean
when yu say half-caste
yu mean when picasso
mix red an green
is a half-caste canvas/
explain yuself
wha u mean
when yu say half-caste
yu mean when light an shadow
mix in de sky
is a half-caste weather/
well in dat case
england weather
nearly always half-caste
in fact some o dem cloud
half-caste till dem overcast
so spiteful dem dont want de sun pass
ah rass/
explain yuself
wha yu mean
when yu say half-caste
yu mean tchaikovsky
sit down at dah piano
an mix a black key
wid a white key
is a half-caste symphony/

Explain yuself
wha yu mean
Ah listening to yu wid de keen
half of mih ear
Ah looking at u wid de keen
half of mih eye
and when I'm introduced to yu
I'm sure you'll understand
why I offer yu half-a-hand
an when I sleep at night
I close half-a-eye
consequently when I dream
I dream half-a-dream
an when moon begin to glow
I half-caste human being
cast half-a-shadow
but yu come back tomorrow
wid de whole of yu eye
an de whole of yu ear
and de whole of yu mind

an I will tell yu
de other half
of my story

John Agard

Sygon.
29-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Ooh cool. If we need anyone I will keep you in mind!

Lol u can pm me later when i get uncautioned. The reason i got cautioned was fighting because someone was being racist tome.

FlyingJesus
29-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Love that Agard poem :D

It seems a good idea, but racism wouldn't be such an issue if people didn't make it one. By highlighting the problem you're also showing up the differences between people.

splatttt
29-04-2006, 04:19 PM
:O White trash
Thats racist ;l

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:20 PM
:O White trash
Thats racist ;l

If the shoe fits.

Jordan3
29-04-2006, 04:22 PM
No point joining. Everyone is unfair to each other, and it's never gonna go away.

kasi
29-04-2006, 04:23 PM
calling someone white trash isnt racist

splatttt
29-04-2006, 04:23 PM
If the shoe fits. That is kinda racist you know if you say something like that to a coloured person its racist ; l

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:24 PM
That is racist you know

KASSIE SAYS IT'S NOT, SO IT'S NOT.
GET OVER IT.

NekkLe
29-04-2006, 04:24 PM
calling someone white trash isnt racist
Tis, if i went up to a African person and said the opposite i'm sure i'd get a speaking to.

kasi
29-04-2006, 04:25 PM
KASSIE SAYS IT'S NOT, SO IT'S NOT.
GET OVER IT.
lmfaao ashton

Tis, if i went up to a African person and said the opposite i'm sure i'd get a speaking to.
i don't care. in my view it isnt?

Damn
*MESSAGE REMOVED*

Xuzuno (Forum Moderator) - Please don't post comments that may offend other people.

Grindie
We'll never get rid of racism, who agrees?

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:26 PM

white trash = person who lives in a trailer.

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:27 PM
We'll never get rid of racism, who agrees?

SHUT UP.

NekkLe
29-04-2006, 04:28 PM
i don't care. in my view it isnt?
In someone else's view it might be considered.

A person who lives in a trailer? hmm, i've never heard of that meaning before, maybe its different slang :s

Metric.
29-04-2006, 04:30 PM
In someone else's view it might be considered.

A person who lives in a trailer? hmm, i've never heard of that meaning before, maybe its different slang :s

It is, urbandictionary it.

Mentor
29-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Now that's the sorta immaturity that get's people killed.
lol, Your aware your comment is FAR worse than the one your responding to. Racism is about the underlying opinions, not what people say. your comment displays are far more discinataory attitude than his...

Grindie
29-04-2006, 04:34 PM
People who are racist are those who lack knowledge of other cultures.

EDIT: Just for the record, i'm white.

Sabu
29-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Why arent they deleting damns racist posts?

splatttt
29-04-2006, 04:38 PM
white trash = person who lives in a trailer. Did u find that in a dictionary? Or make it up

Jordan3
29-04-2006, 04:40 PM

Yeah but everything you say to African's in my area is racist according to them.

Sabu
29-04-2006, 04:40 PM
lol, Your aware your comment is FAR worse than the one your responding to. Racism is about the underlying opinions, not what people say. your comment displays are far more discinataory attitude than his...

Racism is an act of bullying, which leads to death. So what he said is true.

Sygon.
29-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah but everything you say to African's in my area is racist according to them.

lol, i get it alot for being half chinese =[

NekkLe
29-04-2006, 04:41 PM
I know, pretty pathetic but its from a different point of view, no-one would like to be categorised as white or black trash :/

FlyingJesus
29-04-2006, 04:43 PM

I agree with you that racism will never be solved (unless all races are eradicated except for one, and still people would find something to dislike about each other), but you can know everything about someone elses culture and still be completely against it. Just because you know why a person acts in a certain way, doesn't mean you'll like it.

Sygon.
29-04-2006, 04:45 PM
I agree with you that racism will never be solved (unless all races are eradicated except for one, and still people would find something to dislike about each other), but you can know everything about someone elses culture and still be completely against it. Just because you know why a person acts in a certain way, doesn't mean you'll like it.

Yup i agree, people asume that if im half chinese I do everything chinese peopledo, which iss totally incorrect , m actually if i wasnt chinese color, would be classed as a white person.

Jordan3
29-04-2006, 04:47 PM

I agree with the culture thing. I disagree with this whole headscarf stuff. They come to England, and you get girls in schools wearing headscarfs in school. One school in Luton called Denbeigh High had a pupil, and they wouldn't let her wear her headscarf, and she fought the courts, it was on the national news and everything. She lost. But anyway, I don't think they should be allowed them in schools. They're not part of uniform, and they're in a mainly christian country, and they should have to abide by our laws. Whereas when Brit's go to some countries out there, ie Afghanistan, you HAVE to wear their headscarfs or you can get arrested, even executed in some parts. I don't see how this is fair?

splatttt
29-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Sygon :O Coventry

Cant Pm You ...

Seconds What FlyingJesus Said x ^^

NekkLe
29-04-2006, 04:49 PM
I agree with the culture thing. I disagree with this whole headscarf stuff. They come to England, and you get girls in schools wearing headscarfs in school. One school in Luton called Denbeigh High had a pupil, and they wouldn't let her wear her headscarf, and she fought the courts, it was on the national news and everything. She lost. But anyway, I don't think they should be allowed them in schools. They're not part of uniform, and they're in a mainly christian country, and they should have to abide by our laws. Whereas when Brit's go to some countries out there, ie Afghanistan, you HAVE to wear their headscarfs or you can get arrested, even executed in some parts. I don't see how this is fair?
I think thats mandatory in france, they make all muslim? girls take off there head scarfs :/

Mentor
29-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Racism is an act of bullying, which leads to death. So what he said is true.
Remind me to buy you a dictonary for your birthday. Then maybe your comments may have some basis in realty "/

unless all races are eradicated except for one, and still people would find something to dislike about each other
If thats true, hitler was a great fighter agaist raceism....

Racism is the descrimation of one race agaist another race, Not caused by the diffecnes between races, only by ignorance around them...

FlyingJesus
29-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Well put about the religious garments etc., totally agree. My dad went to Saudi Arabia last year and he wasn't allowed any alcohol or certain meats (it's illegal to take into the country), and apparently some bloke on the plane had a copy of a magazine which had a picture of a woman scantily-clad on the front, and it was confiscated straight away for fear of prosecution otherwise.

splatttt
29-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Jordan i agree with you we all have to wear the specific uniform and they cant just bend the rules. Also sometimes your not allowed to wear anything but earings but there allowed to wear bangles and stuff.

But yet christians (Like Me) Arnt allowed to wear a st christopher..

Sygon.
29-04-2006, 04:54 PM
:P Lol ye im cautioend which part u from @ kirsty

Sabu
29-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Remind me to buy you a dictonary for your birthday. Then maybe your comments may have some basis in realty "/

Racism is the descrimation of one race agaist another race, Not caused by the diffecnes between races, only by ignorance around them...

No need ;l How was hitler a great fighter against racism?

splatttt
29-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Um I would rather tell you over Pm ^^

Sygon.
29-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Um I would rather tell you over Pm ^^

if we could =[ go on my site and leave a comment with ur email :P ill add u on msn

sygonsworld.net

NekkLe
29-04-2006, 04:56 PM
In Bethonal Green (East London) Muslims or some religion around that area are allowed to carry there 'religious' sheeves. Yet, if I was caught with a knife buy the met I'd get time for carrying a knife "/

FlyingJesus
29-04-2006, 04:59 PM

That's sort of the point I was getting at. The only way to get rid of racism would be an extreme act of racism to wipe out all differences.

Jordan3
In Bethonal Green (East London) Muslims or some religion around that area are allowed to carry there 'religious' sheeves. Yet, if I was caught with a knife buy the met I'd get time for carrying a knife "/

Isn't that near the Finsbury Park place where Abu Hamza did his thing?

deltateamaplha
"To love for your own race only leaves room to discriminate"

splatttt
if we could =[ go on my site and leave a comment with ur email :P ill add u on msn

sygonsworld.net wHEN ARE you Un Cautioned?

Sygon.
29-04-2006, 05:01 PM
wHEN ARE you Un Cautioned?

=[ today suposidly.

Metric.
29-04-2006, 06:41 PM

*MESSAGE REMOVED*

Xuzuno (Forum Moderator) - Please don't be rude.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!