PDA

View Full Version : PHP tasks

Luckyrare
02-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Hello PHP coders,

I am looking for a function/addon to PHP to do PHP tasks, I want it to be so at X time a PHP task is done. (Ap doesnt have to be run)

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks dudes,
Danny

Tomm
02-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Use cron jobs.

Mentor
02-05-2006, 07:27 PM
If your a cpanel user, it may be possible to use the cron jobs to run a script at a timed interval.

If nott, the best way to acompish this is to run a script to check if its pasted a certain time and whether its been run, each page load, depending on the activty of the site, the more acureretyly it would find out and run the code you wanted. At least thinking of the top of my head :)

Luckyrare
02-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes I googled that before I posted, is that PHP or is it shell?

EDIT: Thanks mentor, I will have a go!

Tomm
02-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes I googled that before I posted, is that PHP or is it shell?

EDIT: Thanks mentor, I will have a go!

All you need to do is type the name of the script you want to run and when you want to run it. Its quite simple really.

Eric30
03-05-2006, 08:10 PM
If your a cpanel user, it may be possible to use the cron jobs to run a script at a timed interval.

And even if ur not using cpanel u can use cron jobs, as its apart of the OS ;)

Anyway,
I would say Make the script u want to run, then make it run by a cron script

Mentor
03-05-2006, 08:28 PM
And even if ur not using cpanel u can use cron jobs, as its apart of the OS ;)

Anyway,
I would say Make the script u want to run, then make it run by a cron script
Yea, unlikcly most people Dont have any access to the actal O/S there server is running on thogh do they, Only to what ever control panel is provided to be able to interact with the software and in turn the operating system.

Also, Not every server runs the same O/S do they, so cron jobs aint avaible everywhere ya know...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!