PDA

View Full Version : GSCE'S

Ostinato
02-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey...

There's already been a thread created on SAT's and I don't really know what their equivalent to in Scottish terms. Lol.

Anyway, today was the beginning of the GSCE's up in Scotland, starting with Admin! And tomorrow it's English!

Admin was quite easy in both papers, but there was a couple which I was unsure of but I just guessed them! >; p

Anyhoo - good luck ya'll.

Angel-Light
02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Ah a fellow person sitting Standard Grades :p English tomorrow with writing first at 9am to write an essay? Good luck to everyone :)

Ostinato
03-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Ah a fellow person sitting Standard Grades :p English tomorrow with writing first at 9am to write an essay? Good luck to everyone :)

Lol yep! Everyone on here is all like 'yayay SAT's' but I'm a wee GSCE nigel :[ ;p

Anyhoo, what writing topic did you pick? I did number 1 - Write abotu a time when you were seperated from someone you cared about.

Then the general reading... I sorta found it quite hard ;s but for me, I felt the credit was easier!

How did you do hun?

Woot it's PE tomorrow, so I'm off! But Maths on Friday! >;[

Angel-Light
03-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Ah well I did about the stormchaser one (number 6) and I found the credit easier too. I don't have maths till end of the month (int 2) next exam is on Monday wot Chemistry (not -.-)

Lycan
03-05-2006, 05:21 PM
end of this month is my gcses english lit i think is the first one,

Arisham
03-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Well good luck to you all with your GCSE's and don't forget to hit those books! I just had my GCSE mock exams.

Ostinato
04-05-2006, 11:02 AM
WOOT- DAY OFF! xD

Studying though... :[

Calzeh
05-05-2006, 11:18 PM
dont worry about english! rofl. i didnt sleep for the time i was waiting for results and then i got a 1 and thought wth where did that come from.

I had maths today. Ummmmmmmmmmm general paper went okay. I duffed up credit xD just because im plainly stupid. i had blackouts :| and i still cant factorise pmsl but i can use the quadratic formula :8 The only thing I can remember from the maths exam is hearing the ice cream man and it erm distracting us.

Admin on tuesday was easy enough. Admin is a subject which just well.. takes the pee. The questions are pathetic lmao.

French next for me I do believe, I'm not too worried about it. Then Int2 English next Friday.. *dies* urgh I dont even know how i passed the flipping nabs.

What other exams are you lot sitting with the SQA?

iluvben
06-05-2006, 08:27 AM
What is admin though ;s like whats it about.

Angel-Light
06-05-2006, 10:32 AM
What is admin though ;s like whats it about.

It's like office skills - typing up letters, databases, spreadsheets etc I believe

I got a busy week next week :( Monday - Chemistry, Tuesday - French, Wednesday - Geography. Later this month Graphic Communication, Drama, Maths(Int 2 on same day as Drama) and finally Computing on May 29th :s

FlyingJesus
06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
5 days of school then study leave :D I'll be sad to see the back of it really, but I'm excited all the same. SATs are just tests that you do in year 9 (age 13-14 I think that is) and they apparently determine what ability groups you're going to be in once you've chosen your GCSEs, but they're actually pointless and don't mean anything. People doing SATs, don't worry about a thing.

Ostinato
06-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Lol aw, you had most of the exams same as me :P

Tuesday I had Admin, Wedensday English, Thursday off [woo], Friday Maths... I'm off on Monday, French on Tuesday, Geography on Wednesday, Computing and music on Thursday! THENNNNN lol, I'm off for 11 days! [h] then I have my last one, Biology!

Admin went okay I think, and as Hayley says, it's just like office skills and like office layouts and business structure etc.

English for me was alright... to be honest I found the general harder than the credit! For Maths... hmmmm I'd say general went ok aswell... and credit paper 1 was much better than I had anticipated, but paper 2 was tricky and I found out I didn't notice, and left out the last question!! lol.

Hopefully French will be cool, but I just worry I rely on that damn dictionary too much! lol

Anyway, good luck ya'll! And the way folks go on about SAT's, lol, I thought they were like equivalent to GCSE's in England or something...

FlyingJesus
07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
We're told that the SATs matter, but the only thing they actually matter for is the school's ranking in the country, which is why the teachers hype it up.

Calzeh
09-05-2006, 11:35 AM
FlyingJesus - these aren't SATs! these are the same as GCSE's just the scottish equivelant.

Ostinato - I doofed up maths. :D paper 2.. that was just wth.
Admin was easyish I guess
French was easy today.. i kinda missed the general writing one though. lmao i found the credit one easy i left early. french listening after lunch ayee.

music on thursday. will be easy. standard grade music is just like LOL.. compared to what i do with my tutor..

int2 english on friday. i got an A in my prelim somehow but I'm really not confident about it.

then biology and modern studies after the long break. woop. i love modern studies i got a 1 in my prelim. you just write a load of bull and extend it, you do fine :s. biology.. i need to revise a bit for that.. but meh.

Calzeh
09-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Removed. *st00pid meee*

Calzeh
09-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Removed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!