PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Tsunami ?

Patriotism
06-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Tell me what you think about what happened in Indonesia

*.Glitter.Rip.*
19-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I dont know If I should say I could get banned. If you would really like to hear it message back on there. :)

nvrspk4
19-01-2005, 11:45 PM
I dont know If I should say I could get banned. If you would really like to hear it message back on there. :)
You cant get banned unless you post innapropriate content or swearing :)

And I think the tsunami was really terrible. I ahve alot of family and friends in Sri Lanka as my parents come from there and we lost quite a fwe people :( Its always quite sad when people die but the death count is now over 225,000 people dead and more vulnerable to diease. I should probably update my mish :P

Xanatos.
20-01-2005, 01:55 AM
I think its really bad that all these people have died but since this i have helped in habbo to raise some money for it and also i give some of my snack money to them which i really like to buy a drink so it lastest me the rest of a day

nvrspk4
20-01-2005, 02:05 AM
I think its really bad that all these people have died but since this i have helped in habbo to raise some money for it and also i give some of my snack money to them which i really like to buy a drink so it lastest me the rest of a day

Thats a really great thing, it might be small but everything helps. And guys if you're looking what to donate to or where to donate, donate to education as hospitals are fully stocked but education needs money in Sri Lanka and you can usually check good news sites for lists of charities to donate to. ie BBC CNN. Not giving any exact names cos Im not supposed to but you got the idea.

Concentric
20-01-2005, 06:31 PM
I think that it's imperative that they co-ordinate this relief operation well, despite the many billions of whatever currency are going into this operation there seems to be a less huge effect on the recieveing end. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the money goes to things other than direct relief.

lukeisok
20-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I think that it's imperative that they co-ordinate this relief operation well, despite the many billions of whatever currency are going into this operation there seems to be a less huge effect on the recieveing end. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the money goes to things other than direct relief.

Yes, Some of the money is direct relief and some of it is for helping tows and cities get up food supplies and water.

Like fishing ships and Building Homes And Supplying Raw Materials.

Concentric
20-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes, Some of the money is direct relief and some of it is for helping tows and cities get up food supplies and water.

Like fishing ships and Building Homes And Supplying Raw Materials.

That's not what i meant but nevermind :rolleyes:

[Yes you did delete what i said :rolleyes: ]

nvrspk4
20-01-2005, 09:15 PM
That's not what i meant but nevermind :rolleyes:

I knwo what you mean, you mean how many fo it actually goes to relief victims. Actually its surprising as sometimes more than 10% goes to the administrators and the administrators alone. Then sometimes tehy put another 5-10% aside for the charity you donate to so that only about 70% of your donation actually goes to the poor. Its really appaling to think of people stealing the money that should rightfully go to the tsunami victims but yes it does happen :(

(By the way if anythign funky appears on your post Conc, sorry m8 I accidently hit edit your post when I meant to hit quote. :/ sorry about that

GommeInc
20-01-2005, 09:43 PM
I feel sorry for all those people, some used their lives to save others.

A little British Girl, who recently learnt about Tsunami's saved 100+ people asshe knew what happens when the water goes away! That is a very brave girl, running around the hotel beach and hotel telling these people rather than bottling it up as it might not be true...

A Mother who ran to save her family got washed out to see, but luckily she was washed up on to high land and survived, she is a brave woman risking her own life to save her childrens, although who wouldn't?

If you are British, you may of seen the Tsunami Relief Fund Advert which shows a woman thanking everyone who donated for about 1-2 mins. Not many charities say Thank you that Formally, she also tells you how much we made as a Country and tells you where it shall be used. £200, 000, 000 is a hell of alot for the UK!

But, then you get these filthy, discusting people on Habbo, 'Give me some furni for the Tsunami Relief Aid' , right, as if furni will safe a life, scum of the Earth.

Patriotism
20-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Please close this thread, it's past its sell-by date.

Smiddy
20-06-2005, 04:23 PM
You've Only Gone and Dun It AGAIN!, It Doesnt Matter If Th Thread is still open, It Was on Summit Like Page 7-10 I Reckon, This Will make more people Carry on talking about it now :@

I Feel very Very sorry for the people who suffered from the Tsunami :'(

Rachi
20-06-2005, 04:26 PM
If i was sulake or the HM i wud have said :
All teh money from credits bought between '30th of december 2004 and 30th january 2005' shud have gone 2 the Tsunami
They wud have raised loads
But habbo am 2 tite and they wont let one penny go..

Grabbed
20-06-2005, 04:54 PM
i think it was awful, in things like these words cant express how bad it is. and miny you are absolutely right Sulake i think is a rich company, but also one of those soulless ones too.

Dewit
20-06-2005, 06:11 PM
I was in Thialand in the resort of Phuket which was hit

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!