PDA

View Full Version : I've had a Brainwave - New Site Idea - Recruiting !

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I have a new and awesome idea for a website that earns money
No more resellers or crap!

My idea is to make a site where people find a computer they like on another site, and ask us to try and find parts that work together and configure to the same specs of the computer they like. We them give them a price that it would cost with those parts. They then see the saving from the price of the computer from the company that makes it, to how much it would cost to build it yourself. We then take away the companies' price, and take our price away from it. We then request 12.5% of the saving, so they still save alot of money, but we earn money from doing it. The people who have configured the similar computer then get 2.5% for each configuration (2 Maximum), with a maximum of 3 people working on it. Maximum of 4 configurations per customer unless they state that they want more!

We then send them the items, and how much they are before they pay us.
They then pay, then we give them the direct links to the items.

We can then put them in touch with computer builders, or not as all if they wish to make it themselves.

For a £1000 PC from a company, I would aim to get the parts for around £800

We would take £25 of the £200 saving.
The people who configured it then get £5 per configuration, with a maximum of £10 each, as the limit is 2 configurations to avoid reusing items.
That means that £5 goes on the upkeep of the site, the administration staff, and hosting and other charges.

I will need 10 members of staff:

(8) Configurators
(xx) Advertisers
(5) Customer Support Staff
(5) Coders for Member Systems and Customer Logins etcI also will need a name for the site, so please surjest away

Apply for a job in your own individual ways

Thanks

Joe Comins
Entrepenerial Skilled, Gurd Looking Genious

craigg.
07-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Great idea, Be sure to count myself in. PM me ;)

I love the signature too.

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Dont need to PM you

<3 ma lil Sy and lil Craigeh

iNicks
07-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Wow, thats a real good idea, you'll get far. I wouldnt mind helping with Customer Support Staff. If so contact me on MSN or PM :P

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Oh Support Staff

Answer this question:

I have a problem with my PC
The Processor is reaching 82 degrees - Is this too hot, and how do I stop it from happening?

Ignor my PM

ADAM:
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Make sure your fan is working.
Make sure your not over clocking.

Lol bored so i said that

Good idea Joe :)

-::Mr.Dave::-
07-05-2006, 07:32 PM
ill join and do something maybe support staff or a configure i kno how to config computers and i kno about computer specs n stuff
mines for example
emachines 2230
80gb IDE Hard Drive
256mb DDR Ram
Intel Celeron D 325 2.53ghz
Intel Extreme Graphics 3D
Intel Pro 10/100 LAN
56k Modem
6 USB ports
1 Firewire port

Colin-Roberts
07-05-2006, 07:39 PM
I'd love to be customer support..
82c is hot max any computer should be is around 60 to 70 degrees celsuis.
maybe go and set your tempurature settings for your motherboard.
so when it reaches above the set tempurature it shuts off.
make sure your fans are working and if they are and your pc is this hot most of the time consider another fan or liquid cooling or maybe replace the heatsink.

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Make sure your fan is working.
Make sure your not over clocking.

Lol bored so i said that

Good idea Joe :)

This is an OK answer.

Make sure your fan is working? Ellaberate
This could mean

It isnt plugged in
It is plugged in the wrong way
It has burnt out
There is not enough power to spin it fast enough to cool
Your fan and your CPU cooler fan are going in different dirrection, which would pump heat inYour answers are acceptable though

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 07:42 PM
iNicks & Dot hosting have acceptable answers

I will make the site, and then I may well employe you

Colin-Roberts
07-05-2006, 07:45 PM
kk this will give me something to do then be a smart *** at school.

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Dont you just love being a smart as(s) as school?

I do it all the time - Its great :D

Colin-Roberts
07-05-2006, 07:52 PM
lol ye great fun and good waste of school time.

Css
07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey Joe i'll be a configurator.

Im guessing this is configuring and putting together which i have a rather lot of experience in. Of course i'd take any job but this is my main speciality.

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Tomorrow, ill post a computer for you to find parts cheaper that will fit together, and WORK

Css
07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Sure, unblock me on msn or pm me then i can reply easily.

EDIT: Joe i could also be the computer builder. As i am an expert at building pc's.

Timewarp
07-05-2006, 08:29 PM
id make adverts on flash
but ill make special ones maybe a drag and drop simple computer front view or something
interactive ones like stomp the spider

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Sure, unblock me on msn or pm me then i can reply easily.

EDIT: Joe i could also be the computer builder. As i am an expert at building pc's.

If I can convince my local computer shop which I may be getting a job at, it may be intergrated into his site, which ill also have to make, and I could be earning from that, with me making them in his computer shop, or the shop making them - Alternatively, I will make the occasional one for people in my area, or reffer them to a shop closer to them

Colin-Roberts
07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
joe add colin-roberts(u know the rest they uselle ending)

JoeComins
07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I need a customer script

They will need to sign-up with email, name, address, paypal address (Password will be mailed to them, and they then click a link to acivate their account, and will be promted to change their password)
They will then get into a memebrs area, where they fill out a form saying what computer they want (The Link, the price, the name and how much they want to spend)
That will be published on a page for everyone to see, but admins can delete, or hide etc, then the configuration staff will come alone, and post a configuration which will only be seem by that person, staff and admins, but the number of responses will be seen at the bottom of the post everyone can see

I need a member system like this, which an intergrated payment thing, so I
send them an invoice, and they click PAY, which leads them to my paypal account

In the member system, I need a section where Staff are given a high power, so they see extra pages, and can post communially on a private section which no-one else can see. They should also be able to post on certain pages, and admins should be able to edit pages.

I a CMS like Cutenews or Fusion or a custom one editing enough to provide them. If you edit one, it should be alot easier and quicker

When the site gets up and running, and earning over £40 pure profit, I will then pay you whatever I see fit (I am generous) and will give you my template collection :D
Any takers?

Timewarp
07-05-2006, 09:03 PM
4 hiring support staff go 2 computer problems and look 4 people who answer questions

tbh imo no m8
08-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Joe baby :D. I will help with what ya want me to :).

YouFail
08-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I could be an advertiser as I can have it linked on my sites and many of my friends sites. I like the idea aswell!

Jamie.
08-05-2006, 08:48 PM
advertiser, nt too much work =]
cnt meh in

Encryptions!
08-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I honestly don't think this will work, I doubt people will trust a 12-16 year old to order and assemble your computer. Plus I would say it is illegal to set up this kind of business until your 18.

Colin-Roberts
08-05-2006, 09:25 PM
anyone over 14 can own a business in the usa and canada not sure about england.

JoeComins
09-05-2006, 02:12 PM
You dont understand

Im not making them

Im finding people the parts that will save them alot of money

And people willl trust a 14 year old to make their comptuer, as im getting a job in the best repair shop in my city

tbh imo no m8
09-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Joe come on msn.

Sygon.
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I honestly don't think this will work, I doubt people will trust a 12-16 year old to order and assemble your computer. Plus I would say it is illegal to set up this kind of business until your 18.

What he said ^^^ sorry lil jo =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!