PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a decent content management system

Rashelly
08-05-2006, 04:52 AM
I haven't run a website in over a year, and I've just bought www.rashelly.com - which is going to be a personal site, which will hold all of my photography, journal, videos, along with other random things.
Because I'm lazy, and can't be bothered to design the site from scratch, I was wondering if any of you could suggest a decent content management system, preferably free :)

Recursion
08-05-2006, 06:09 AM
PHP-Nuke - Its hard to start with but very easy once you read through the HOWTO on www.phpnuke.org and just experimented. You can have a PHPBB forum integrated and you can probably get hacks to let you have IPB, vB and all the rest. If you go on google and search 'Free PHPNuke Themes' you'll get loadsa free themes!!

Hope I helped :.:Numark:.:

P.S. if you just want the CMS to handle News then CuteNews or Fusion News is the way to go

Rashelly
08-05-2006, 07:56 AM
I've used cute news and fusion before, they're ok, but not really what I'm looking for.
I'm going to try PHP-Nuke, thanks for the info, +rep :)

Encryptions!
08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Learn PHP, then learn how to use mySQL databases with it and then code your own CMS.

Recursion
08-05-2006, 03:13 PM
People like me find PHP and MySQL VERY HARD to learn though. So much code!! I managed to learn HTML through editing HTML in Dreamweaver and Frontpage

Sygon.
08-05-2006, 03:16 PM
:D Text pattern is good - Textpattern.org
Wordpress is more of a blog cms - www.wordpress.org

xxMATTGxx
08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
e107 is easy to use.

Url: http://e107.org

Recursion
08-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Joomla! and Mambo - They are also quite good and very user friendly. They are basically the same as some people who left the Mambo team joined up and made Joomla!

Rashelly
08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Learn PHP, then learn how to use mySQL databases with it and then code your own CMS.
If you'd read my post, then you'd know that I don't have time, or the will to learn PHP.
Thanks to the other people who actually gave advice, +rep
I've installed PHP nuke and Joombla, and I'm playing as we speak :D

Recursion
08-05-2006, 07:31 PM
woohoo the 2 I said about :D - I think Joomla you will prefer more as it is easier to use than PHP-Nuke, BUT PHP-Nuke has more features.

DMB-Hosting
08-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I dislike php-nuke

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_dancEDIT: 800th post :P :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

ADAM:
08-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey

www.wordpress.org

Wordpress is very good to use, if i was you... i would upload them and try each one untill you find the one that you like.

Rashelly
08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey

www.wordpress.org

Wordpress is very good to use, if i was you... i would upload them and try each one untill you find the one that you like.
That's what I'm doing :) I'll get through them all eventually :p

Recursion
08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
personally i like PHP-Nuke

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!