PDA

View Full Version : E3 Update 1- PS3 Revealed

HUGECOOL
09-05-2006, 06:42 AM
The battle begins!

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6339/nintendosony1cv.jpg

PS3 Pricing and Release Date

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9428/dsc24574sw.jpg

Here are the differences between the "base" and "premium" version of the console.
You lose 40GB (20GB base vs. 60GB)
You lose HDMI output
You lose MemoryStick / SD / CompactFlash slots
You lose 802.11 b/g wireless
You save $100
I remember Sony saying they were only selling one unit, not multiple ones.

Anyway, I don't think I'm buying the PS3 any time soon.

The Controller

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/9862/dsc24349rr.jpg

Sony revealed the final controller for the PlayStation 3 during their E3 keynote. What does it look like? Short answer: an awful lot like the PlayStation 2's existing Dual Shock.

There is one addition. The PS3's new controller contains some additional Wii-esque functionality without any sensors needed. Did Sony just gank Nintendo's secret weapon? Looks like it.

Specs include:

X-Y-Z, pitch, roll, yaw, and lateral motion detection
Bluetooth and wireless controls
It's lighter than the PS2 controllerThere is a difference, however. The PS3 only uses accelerometer techology, while the Wii-mote plays on an entire 3D plane, meaning, the Wiimote can detect where you are in the room while the "PSWii" controller can't- it detect how fast or slow you yank it around.

Personally, I think they should've gone for a more sleeker look. I mean, here you have this nice looking machine with a crap PS2 controller. Oh, well.

(On a lighter note, I just won $100 for betting that Sony would steal Nintendo's ideas on way or another. :))

**Update**

The playstation controller will NOT have rumble. Makes sense since they lost that patent infringement lawsuit to Immersion a while back.

NekkLe
09-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Still worth getting? From my view it'd be better getting a 360 ?

Lord Zero
09-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Still worth getting? From my view it'd be better getting a 360 ?

No. At the moment it looks like getting a PS3 will be better. But, you should wait until it's been out for a week, then decide.

Revivalry
09-05-2006, 08:51 AM
No wonder why Callie hasn't been on since the fifth, she's probably gone over to E3... anyway nice find =]

Jordan3
10-05-2006, 05:38 PM
$600, holy moly that's a lot.

xxMATTGxx
10-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I dunno if i should get 360 or a PS3...

Charles
10-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I dunno if i should get 360 or a PS3...
Do you're homework when the PS3 comes out, figure out which lives up to expectations.

Neversoft
10-05-2006, 05:50 PM
The PS3 really is looking rubbish.

Wootzeh
10-05-2006, 05:51 PM
At the moment it's looking like the Wii is going to pwn.

Neversoft
10-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Hahaha, I laugh at the people that said to me last month that the PS3 will own them all.

NekkLe
10-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I like the look of the Wii atm, although the PS3 still look tempting, shame about the price tho "/

Charles
10-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I laugh at the people who judged the Wii on it's name.

NekkLe
10-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I kinda prefer Wii to revolution now.

Oleh
10-05-2006, 06:07 PM
right comment

They have changed the controller design 100% it used to be boomerangy and why make its like 500 pound

NekkLe
10-05-2006, 06:35 PM
right comment

They have changed the controller design 100% it used to be boomerangy and why make its like 500 pound
Because they know they can charge that much, however, this may be there downfall.

zak-x
10-05-2006, 06:51 PM
The PS3 really is looking rubbish.
Yeh omg a console is rubbish because if it's looks???

Charles
10-05-2006, 06:56 PM
And that's how we feel about how people judge the Wii.
George forman grill anyone?

Neversoft
10-05-2006, 06:59 PM

Please do me a favour and shut up. Obviously you don't know what the term "Looking rubbish" means. Let me explain, or can't your brain handle it? I was talking about the controller, the console its self, the price, everything. Moron. :rolleyes:

NekkLe
10-05-2006, 07:05 PM
George forman grill anyone?
Heh, I was thinking the same.

Oleh
10-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Right ok another comment
i would rather prefer going out and buying one of them gym things on pitch tv instead of one of them actually on pitche tv i could buy all 8 items instead of a ps3

James!
10-05-2006, 07:35 PM
I think the joypad looks the same, and the pricing overall is pritty reasonable.. I'm a huge fan of the PS and will be buying this :D

Ranger
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
lol, I'm still getting one.

You might be moaning because of the price, but the more powerful they are, the more the parts cost.
We aren't in 16-bit days anymore children.

Here's a point for you: Every time Microsoft sells an Xbox 360, they lose out on money. I expect the same will apply for Sony.

HUGECOOL
10-05-2006, 08:43 PM
lol, I'm still getting one.

You might be moaning because of the price, but the more powerful they are, the more the parts cost.
We aren't in 16-bit days anymore children.

Here's a point for you: Every time Microsoft sells an Xbox 360, they lose out on money. I expect the same will apply for Sony.
Well, actually, I could care less about the price. Hell, I could buy all three at release date if I wanted to.

The thing that bothers me is that Sony is not tyrying to sell a gaming machine. They are trying to make BluRay mainstream through their console which plays games as an afterthought. Very disappointing.

redtom
10-05-2006, 09:54 PM
y dont u like the ps2 / new ps3 controller its better the the huge xbox one

Colin-Roberts
11-05-2006, 12:08 AM
redtoms rite ive used the xbox 360 controllers and i would use the ps2 or ps1 controllers any day over xbox ones.

HUGECOOL
11-05-2006, 02:39 AM
Sources have claimed the PS3 controller to be very light, which is a bad thing most of the time. Even though the xbox's controller is bulky, it still seems sturdy and not third-party-ish. The Wii's controllers have also been given extra weight.

Neversoft
11-05-2006, 06:03 AM
y dont u like the ps2 / new ps3 controller its better the the huge xbox one

But is it as advanced as the new Nintendo Wii one?

Lord Zero
11-05-2006, 10:38 AM
The controller isn't the most important thing about a console. Some company will probably bring out a PS3 controller with a new design anyway. Aslong as the PS3 has better hardware than the Xbox 360, people will buy it. The case design has a number of factors aswell. They want people to be drawn to it, but it also has to be able to fit the hardware AND have sufficient air ventilation

EDIT: The fact is, everyone complains about new releases. Sony is a company that has billions of money, and an expert team. Don't you think they know what they're doing? They aren't a company to agree on a decision in a couple of minutes. Their conclusions will be based on many things, including plenty of factors none of us have thought about.

-::Mr.Dave::-
11-05-2006, 02:46 PM
the ps3 and xbox360 will take nintendo by storm
nintendo just look at them how many handhelds have they made. they never did very well then sony brings out the psp and theres a 3 month w8 to get them and thats with there first console
microsoft xbox and 360 what will there handheld be we shall have to w8

-::Mr.Dave::-
11-05-2006, 02:48 PM
also on gameplay they have announced sony will use the blu ray format disks which hold 60gb of data giving the game designers plenty of space to run wild with imagination. compared to the standard 4gb dvd the xbox 360 uses and the 2gb disks that the cube uses and the wii will use the standard 4gb dvd

Timewarp
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
also on gameplay they have announced sony will use the blu ray format disks which hold 60gb of data giving the game designers plenty of space to run wild with imagination. compared to the standard 4gb dvd the xbox 360 uses and the 2gb disks that the cube uses and the wii will use the standard 4gb dvd
dont double post and it hasnt just been announced it was announced over a year ago at last years E3 and at least nintendo change something who cares about graphics eg my n64 is better than my ps2 and xbox put together
Wii will pwn

JoeyK.
11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I just don't trust Nintendo to do anything right anymore. Look at their last two consoles-- Both a waste of my money... I don't even keep either plugged in anymore. 360 really is the worst of the three this time around though... They should have put some more time into it, rather than just trying to beat Sony... Anyway, I'm happy they're using something close to the same controller... Dualshocks have always been one of the easiest controllers to use... I think the 360's looks like a bit of rip off of the dualshock personally... As to Sony "stealing" Nintendo's ideas, I don't see how a small wireless option counts as "stealing" when the purpose for them is completely different. Bottom line, I'm not buying a Wii until Nintendo proves to me that they can do something right again. I haven't had a decent Nintendo console since the SNES... I've only bought the GC and 64 for a few select games.

NekkLe
11-05-2006, 05:41 PM
dont double post and it hasnt just been announced it was announced over a year ago at last years E3 and at least nintendo change something who cares about graphics eg my n64 is better than my ps2 and xbox put together
Wii will pwn
Comparing Wii between the PS3 and 360 can't be done so smoothly, they all have different gaming elements that suite different gamers. Whether your a nintendo, sony or microsoft fan, you'll have your own opinions about each console but that doesn't seperate to which pwns better and which doesn't.

Neversoft
11-05-2006, 06:07 PM
I just don't trust Nintendo to do anything right anymore. Look at their last two consoles-- Both a waste of my money... I don't even keep either plugged in anymore. 360 really is the worst of the three this time around though... They should have put some more time into it, rather than just trying to beat Sony... Anyway, I'm happy they're using something close to the same controller... Dualshocks have always been one of the easiest controllers to use... I think the 360's looks like a bit of rip off of the dualshock personally... As to Sony "stealing" Nintendo's ideas, I don't see how a small wireless option counts as "stealing" when the purpose for them is completely different. Bottom line, I'm not buying a Wii until Nintendo proves to me that they can do something right again. I haven't had a decent Nintendo console since the SNES... I've only bought the GC and 64 for a few select games.

Please don't Judge consoles befor you've actually played them...

Css
11-05-2006, 06:52 PM

Its right not to trust consoles before you've played them but i agree with Joey. All of nintendo's recent consoles have been a load of (censored) and it is right for people not to trust in spending loads of money on there consoles anymore. imagine spending £450 ona ps3, to find out its absaloute rubbish.

Would you buy Playstations next "amazing" console?

cocaine
11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Didn't they have them really curvy new wireless controllers?

8Freak8
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
I thought the PS3 would beat competition from Microsoft and Nintendo, but they aren't doing very well.

The Wii seems to be doing really well promoting itself.

HUGECOOL
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
That isn't the case at all with the Sony controller- wireless has nothing to do with it.

Two weeks before E3, Sony slapped together a controller mechanism that would sense motion and had only a few days to test it out. It's a 6-dimensional device that senses tilting and tumbling of the controller- something that was already done by Nintendo before. Also, the controller features the Playstation emblem in the center of the contrller where the traditional xbox controller features the Xbox emblem. This, too, was ctritiqued. The Playstation controller hasn't changed since 1995, and Sony keeps plugging their ears to new things.

alexxxxx
11-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Wii and 360 to march to victory. PS3 = Overpriced, Cheaper Version = rubbish. Wii = Original, sleek 360 = Out NOW not in november (as if it'll be out in november), great looking games.

If I remember rightly, don't 360s have the option to use an HD-DVD for extra space?

JoeyK.
11-05-2006, 09:14 PM
It's not the console I'm judging, it's Nintendo itself. I've said that if the Wii proves to me that it's good, I'll be happy to buy it-- I'm merely showing my distrust of Nintendo's ability to create a console. Sony hasn't dissapointed me yet, which is why I'm ready to spend $600 on the console.

NekkLe
11-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Didn't they have them really curvy new wireless controllers?
Nope Sony have compiled together a 'new' controller with the same model.

£500 won't stop me from getting one, you pay for what you get.

Hatake Kakashi
11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
There is one addition. The PS3's new controller contains some additional Wii-esque functionality without any sensors needed.

What does that mean? does it do the same thing as the Wii controller then?

(On a lighter note, I just won $100 for betting that Sony would steal Nintendo's ideas on way or another. :))

Like, who didn't see that comming? Hehe :rolleyes:

Neversoft
11-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Its right not to trust consoles before you've played them but i agree with Joey. All of nintendo's recent consoles have been a load of (censored) and it is right for people not to trust in spending loads of money on there consoles anymore. imagine spending £450 ona ps3, to find out its absaloute rubbish.

Would you buy Playstations next "amazing" console?

Excuse me, so you say Nintendo's recent consoles? Them being what? The Gamecube, Nintendo 64? For your information the Nintendo 64 Done excellently and would you like to state what exactally makes the Gamrcube rubbish? What you're saying is aload of trash. And what you on about, £450 on a PS3, yeah so I don't want one, Nintendo's consoles are better and cheaper, I've never bought a Sony console and don't want to. I don't think you get exactally what Nintendo has done, they have Revolutionised gaming forever. Perhaps you better read an unbias review of all the consoles when they come out then actually decide. :rolleyes:

I'm merely showing my distrust of Nintendo's ability to create a console.

Sorry, but that is complete utter nonsence. I don't think you understand what Nintendo has done either, Nintendo comes up with all the ideas, Sony steals them. Nintendo Revolutionises gaming, Sony tries to follow.

Css
11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I was referring to the Ds, gamecube and gameboy advanced actually. Gamecube being the worst (Even though i have one) Although i do not see why you rant at me and Joey

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

NekkLe
11-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Neversoft, your talking from a bias perspective, Sony don't follow behind Nintendo? there both different companies which aim to make totally different consoles. It just seems clear to some that they have obviously 'stole' a feature from Nintendo and that being there smart control.

Neversoft
11-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Neversoft, your talking from a bias perspective, Sony don't follow behind Nintendo? there both different companies which aim to make totally different consoles. It just seems clear to some that they have obviously 'stole' a feature from Nintendo and that being there smart control.

Ok cleared that up.

I was referring to the Ds, gamecube and gameboy advanced actually. Gamecube being the worst (Even though i have one) Although i do not see why you rant at me and Joey

You do know the Nintendo DS and Game boy Advance (Sp) Were a big hit don't you? I 'rant' at you and Joey for, 'rating' shall I put it, A console thats not even out yet. Saying its not trusted to buy one, when actually, its looking to be pretty good. Perhaps you better read some posts around this forum?

Hatake Kakashi
11-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Is it true PS3 has 7 power cores? O.o

ssricky
11-05-2006, 10:15 PM
im gunna have one comment in this whole thing due to the fact i dont feel like argueing non of you should judge the ps3 till it has been released and played public by all instead of the few at e3

HUGECOOL
11-05-2006, 10:25 PM
im gunna have one comment in this whole thing due to the fact i dont feel like argueing non of you should judge the ps3 till it has been released and played public by all instead of the few at e3
I'm judging the PS3 by what I know about it. Gameplay should be a different matter since I've not played it yet. However, from my point of view and the point of view of many others who actually attended the Sony, there was much disappointement to the console, and that is the ugly truth. Usually, Sony answers questions about the graphics and about the overall gameplay during E3, however, this year most of the time was spent with Sony defending the large price tag. The games look nice, but as its been said before, not much difference can be made from the 360's graphics and the PS3's if juxtaposed. Hundreds of people have left negative feedback of their experience with Sony this year and the decision almost seems unanimous.

ssricky
11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm judging the PS3 by what I know about it. Gameplay should be a different matter since I've not played it yet. However, from my point of view and the point of view of many others who actually attended the Sony, there was much disappointement to the console, and that is the ugly truth. Usually, Sony answers questions about the graphics and about the overall gameplay during E3, however, this year most of the time was spent with Sony defending the large price tag. The games look nice, but as its been said before, not much difference can be made from the 360's graphics and the PS3's if juxtaposed. Hundreds of people have left negative feedback of their experience with Sony this year and the decision almost seems unanimous.
you say this now but im gunna laugh at u all when in a few months after the ps3 is realeased and sum good games come out and the price tags drop all these threads start poping up on how good it is :rolleyes: i know ur gunna say no and deny this but this always happens :rolleyes:

HUGECOOL
11-05-2006, 10:30 PM
you say this now but im gunna laugh at u all when in a few months after the ps3 is realeased and sum good games come out and the price tags drop all these threads start poping up on how good it is :rolleyes: i know ur gunna say no and deny this but this always happens :rolleyes:
Don't take my word for it. Search around- be creative. The result is the same- Sony isn't selling a game machine, they're trying to get BluRay on the market.

Ignorance is bliss.

ssricky
11-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Don't take my word for it. Search around- be creative. The result is the same- Sony isn't selling a game machine, they're trying to get BluRay on the market.

Ignorance is bliss.

then u go to ur friends house that has it, then u try it out and come back on this forum posting how amazing it is this happens with all systems it happened with the ps2 it happened with the psp and it also happened with 360 ull see :p deny it all u want

HUGECOOL
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
then u go to ur friends house that has it, then u try it out and come back on this forum posting how amazing it is this happens with all systems it happened with the ps2 it happened with the psp and it also happened with 360 ull see :p deny it all u want
No, not really. I'm planning on buying it down the road- years down the road -until the price seems reasonable. Also, I'm not sure what you think I'm denying since I already explained what my position on the whole PS3 issue is. "/ Actually read my posts before repeating the same thing.

JoeyK.
12-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Excuse me, so you say Nintendo's recent consoles? Them being what? The Gamecube, Nintendo 64? For your information the Nintendo 64 Done excellently and would you like to state what exactally makes the Gamrcube rubbish? What you're saying is aload of trash. And what you on about, £450 on a PS3, yeah so I don't want one, Nintendo's consoles are better and cheaper, I've never bought a Sony console and don't want to. I don't think you get exactally what Nintendo has done, they have Revolutionised gaming forever. Perhaps you better read an unbias review of all the consoles when they come out then actually decide. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that is complete utter nonsence. I don't think you understand what Nintendo has done either, Nintendo comes up with all the ideas, Sony steals them. Nintendo Revolutionises gaming, Sony tries to follow.
As to the 64 being good- I hate saying this, but every time I would go to buy games for it, most stores would only have six games in stock. That's what annoys me most about Nintendo consoles-- The lack of games. And about Sony 'stealing' ideas- maybe Nintendo did do some of them first, but the cold hard truth is Sony made them better. I don't think Nintendo's done anything right in the past few years. But then, I suppose there's no convincing a Nintendo fanboy. The 64, GC, DS, and Micro have all been trash in my opinion.

And to Fyta- Sony's using Bluray, big deal. It's just a disk with more storage. Yes, they are trying to promote it, but is that a problem? It's still a game machine. I remember people saying the same thing about the PS2's DVD player. Sony hasn't dissapointed me yet. Nintendo has. Microsoft never impressed me in the first place.

And I'll have to agree with Ricky on this one, I think Sony will once again come out with a far better system than the other two... Unless Nintendo really does the Wii well at least, but as I've already stated, I don't trust them at all anymore.

Neil
12-05-2006, 05:28 PM
That isn't the controller, I saw the revealing of it and it says that the controller is that boomerang thing, go to the E3 website and download E3 Tv and watch it, the games look awesome :p

Magnet
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM

Whats highlighted in bold, really shows what a freakin' idiot you are. The 360's controller looks nothing like the PS2's dualshock.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000541B2.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpghttp://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41141000/jpg/_41141351_360_controller02.jpg
Explain please?

Frodo13.
12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Personally, Sony are much better in console's than Sony. It has been proven in sales and such. X-Box really only have 1 good game series to there name, which is Halo.

With the controller thing. I dont care how it looks, its a controller. The Xbox controller is almost the same as the 360 isnt it. A brand new type of controller would ruin the image, as the current controller is welll...Part of Playstations image.

And the Xbox 360, the only good thing I know of is Xbox Live. PS3 is going to have HD, Live Play, and the speed is going to be 10x faster then the 360 ( 360 is 3x faster than the PS2 )

On my final note, I belive Nintendo produce some good consoles, but the games they make are not really to my taste

Here is my rating of the 3 consoles: At No.1 - PS3
At No.2 - The New Nintendo
At No.3 - 360

Magnet
12-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Personally, Sony are much better in console's than Sony. It has been proven in sales and such. X-Box really only have 1 good game series to there name, which is Halo.

With the controller thing. I dont care how it looks, its a controller. The Xbox controller is almost the same as the 360 isnt it. A brand new type of controller would ruin the image, as the current controller is welll...Part of Playstations image.

And the Xbox 360, the only good thing I know of is Xbox Live. PS3 is going to have HD, Live Play, and the speed is going to be 10x faster then the 360 ( 360 is 3x faster than the PS2 )

On my final note, I belive Nintendo produce some good consoles, but the games they make are not really to my taste

Here is my rating of the 3 consoles: At No.1 - PS3
At No.2 - The New Nintendo
At No.3 - 360

Eh? Don't make sense..

But yeah I agree with you, sort of, except I'd prefer 360 over PS3, same with Wii. 360, then Wii, then PS3.

Timewarp
12-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Wii Ps3 then xbox
Nintendo has creative ideas people said things about the dpad when nintendo invented it now look at it its on every console there is and as for n64 you either got one when ps2 was out or you have a really **** game shop mine had 100s

MasterMarv
12-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Price is swag, ow much in pounds for 60GB? dnt ave converter

HUGECOOL
12-05-2006, 08:51 PM
As to the 64 being good- I hate saying this, but every time I would go to buy games for it, most stores would only have six games in stock. That's what annoys me most about Nintendo consoles-- The lack of games. And about Sony 'stealing' ideas- maybe Nintendo did do some of them first, but the cold hard truth is Sony made them better. I don't think Nintendo's done anything right in the past few years. But then, I suppose there's no convincing a Nintendo fanboy. The 64, GC, DS, and Micro have all been trash in my opinion.

And to Fyta- Sony's using Bluray, big deal. It's just a disk with more storage. Yes, they are trying to promote it, but is that a problem? It's still a game machine. I remember people saying the same thing about the PS2's DVD player. Sony hasn't dissapointed me yet. Nintendo has. Microsoft never impressed me in the first place.

And I'll have to agree with Ricky on this one, I think Sony will once again come out with a far better system than the other two... Unless Nintendo really does the Wii well at least, but as I've already stated, I don't trust them at all anymore. Actually, it's a very big deal what type of media they use and why they're using it.

Sony is using the BluRay player first and foremost to promote their future BluRay players. The PS3 has the capability of playing BluRay movies, which may soon be avaiLable, but the support won't be the same on both of the SKUs. Without the HDMI on the $500 model, the BluRay media becomes useless because of future BD releases. If BluRay does win the format wars, which I doubt since HD-DVD is already going mainstream, the low-end console won't support the future formats so you'll basically have an expensive game-playing HD player but the movies won't be in HD. Sony is famous for using all sorts of useless media- there's MDs and UMDs for example. Some retails are cutting off UMDs because of the low profit they bring in. The only reason DVD on the PS2 became a good thing was because it was around that time that PCs started being made to have built-in DVD players so naturally, consumers would know that the PS2 was a good deal. But since HD-DVD has already been released on the market, people will become aware that having an HD-DVD player attachement for the 360 for about $100 or less is clearly a better deal because they are already familiar with this format. Since BluRay has not been released yet, consumers aren't aware of what it is or what it can do, so it wont be convenient for them to buy something thats overpriced which they know nothing about.

As for the comments about the past Nintendo systems, yes, it's true, but not for long. Since Nintendo has already extablished new relationships with more developers, the same bare-bones scene won't be there with the Wii. Nintendo has already confirmed 27 titles for the Nitnendo Wii and 100 new games for the Nintendo DS. Basically, you're using Nintendo's past experiences and expecting them to be the same, but its kind of obvious that it won't be since Nintendo is now owned by someone whos actually played games- Saturo Iwata.

It's obviously true that Sony steals ideas, but not necessarily to make them any better. Take the 'new' feature on the controller- motion sensing. It's a gimmick. It was planned 2 weeks before E3 and tested a few days. Perhaps Sony was trying to steal Nintendo's spotlight (which clearly didn't happen), but theres no real use for that function. If there were, don't you think ALL the other games would have utilized that function and not just Warhawk- which the 'gamer' in the presentation could barely land, may I add. And no, there IS no convincing Nintendo fanatics, but that same integrity could be matched by Sony fanboys' blind optimism and wishful thinking.

If you could gather anything from this year's E3, it's that Nintendo has soul and they honestly seem interested in invigorating the state of video games and perpetuating it beyond the realm of the best graphics and fastest processors, something which competes directly with PC gaming...a fight you can't very well keep up when you have 4-7 years between generations of consoles. Try to appreciate Nintendo for not trying to be first, but trying to be the best for the other two groups of people who want to play games and not be over-wrought with tech specs and $600 systems.

That isn't the controller, I saw the revealing of it and it says that the controller is that boomerang thing, go to the E3 website and download E3 Tv and watch it, the games look awesome :P
Little late, are we?

The boomerang idea required the use of heptic technology, which SOny was sued over for using it without a license on the DualShock controller for the PS2. Ever since the lawsuit, Sony has been planning a 'new' controller and it was recently revealed at E3 2006. Not 2005.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!