PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been banned because of Rule 12?

tyo22
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Has anyone been banned for doing a habbo->rs trade?

Let's say you're giving 1.3mill for a t - wouldn't it look a lot like your selling rs cash for paypal? ;S

I haven't been banned yet :) and hopefully will never be.

Has anyone? :(

JonJon
09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
How could you? Youd say stuff about trading to habbo to rune im pm.... so no one would see it, so they wouldnt report.

tyo22
09-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Don't they have software and trading logs that look for large amounts of $ being traded for no reason? :s

Royksopp
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
talk in a secret place where no one goes like fally world 2

redtom
09-05-2006, 08:01 PM
talk in a secret place where no one goes like fally world 2

yeah thats gota be one of the best places it would take u hours to find some one

Pu$$y
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Never.

Sly
09-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Steve330 got a 3 day ban cause he told a Pmod what he had done =\

I've never been banned for that reason.

Bielby2ooo
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Aww Jake

Quit on my bday ;[

Also

never been banned for it

bowrox
09-05-2006, 08:37 PM
They can pick up keywords in convos like 'habbo' and detct large amounts being traded in one ended heavy trades

JamesR
09-05-2006, 08:42 PM
No they cannot.. I used to DUPE when runescape first came out... They have detecting systems that see if person is trading 1MILL + on trades..

When trading habbo for RS.. You should always add a little something like a apron

2,000,000 gold for an apron :P There systems will not tell them anything....

Ive been banned only once...

Dear Jjrinaldi,

Thank you for your message.

We regret to inform you that this account has been banned because of Real World Trading

Please refer to article number 12 of the Rules of Conduct:

RuneScape items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the game. Exchanging RuneScape items for items or other benefits in other online games, real-life money or other real-life benefits is not allowed.

Additionally this is a direct breach of the Terms & Conditions of Membership:

RuneScape items may only be exchanged for other items/services within the game. You must not exchange RuneScape items, gold or in-game services for real-life money, real-life benefits, or benefits in other online games. You acknowledge that doing so would harm RuneScape, by allowing players to 'buy' their way to success, which spoils the experience for others and thus causes damage to us. You must not act as an intermediary to help others make infringing trades.

You hereby acknowledge that Jagex owns all intellectual property rights in the materials on this web site, including all materials associated with RuneScape. You may not use these materials except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions.

We have evidence to prove that you have being buying RuneScape items via means other than legitimate in-game trades and for the financial benefit of parties other than Jagex.. We also know you were in control of this account at the time of these offences. We do not discuss our detection process with anyone; to do such would give users information to help them avoid detection.

We are 100% confident in our detection systems, and in the highly trained staff who monitor and take action based on the results presented by these systems, and as such are 100% confident that you have been playing the game in a manner which directly violates our Rules of Conduct, Terms & Conditions of Membership, and Intellectual Property rights. All of these rules are available via our www.runescape.com website and by creating an account for RuneScape you have agreed to accept and follow these rules.

Due to the nature of the offence and the history of your account you have been placed on a Permanent Ban. The decision on this account is final and will not be changed.

Any further Appeals will not be reviewed.

Sincerely,
RuneScape Customer Support

bowrox
09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
History of your account

You been naughty before :P?

JamesR
09-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Nope.. First ban. They send these "Automated" messages out to everyone.. They don't even read..

Sly
09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I been banned 3-4 times on 27121990, 1 more step out of line and i'm Permed =X

omgabear
10-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Don't they have software and trading logs that look for large amounts of $ being traded for no reason? :s

Ye they do :)

Mattx
10-05-2006, 06:55 AM
not very good software then??

Eye!
10-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I been banned 3-4 times on 27121990, 1 more step out of line and i'm Permed =X

you luckey shiznit!!
i got banned once and muted once and the letter i got was from andrew (uh oh) it was summit like this:

You Now Have 2 Black Marks On Your Account!! I Used To Think You Had Potential But If I See You Do 1 More Thing Bad I Will Ban You Straight Away

now when i give money for habbox vip i just type:
Free 100k!!!
and give it to the seller

JonJon
10-05-2006, 03:28 PM
you luckey shiznit!!
i got banned once and muted once and the letter i got was from andrew (uh oh) it was summit like this:

You Now Have 2 Black Marks On Your Account!! I Used To Think You Had Potential But If I See You Do 1 More Thing Bad I Will Ban You Straight Away

now when i give money for habbox vip i just type:
Free 100k!!!
and give it to the seller

Good technique :P

Ashley 12344
10-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Or say happy birthday =]

Summit like that anyway. I doubt you'd get banned for 100k, but 1mil+ and you may.

devils_eye23
10-05-2006, 07:39 PM
my main got banned cuz i asked someone for their paypal whats saucks is i had 50mil

JonJon
10-05-2006, 08:48 PM
my main got banned cuz i asked someone for their paypal whats saucks is i had 50mil

MAJOR UNLUCKY

POST 1.5K!

JoeyK.
11-05-2006, 01:26 AM
Hmmm..... Well, I'm a bit paranoid, whenever I've done it lately I've always drop traded the cash to the other person :P

Badgez
11-05-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm sure millions of people have been banned for rule 12.

PS2.
12-05-2006, 04:08 AM
How could you? Youd say stuff about trading to habbo to rune im pm.... so no one would see it, so they wouldnt report.
This has happened to me. Doesn't matter if you're reported or not, Jagex tracks all unbalanced trades. For instance if you give someone 1 mil and don't receive anything in return, Jagex sees it as Real World\Non-RS Item Trading. I've been perm banned because of this. After 5 appeals I was unbanned.

EDIT: JoeyK, I think the moniter that aswell, I'm not too sure though.

mr.parasols
12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
How can they moderate drop trading? Because, if you were to die and loose your money its exactly the same. And people die with loads of money all the time PKing

Stress Free
12-05-2006, 03:24 PM
I supose if you were that paranoid you could stake it in a duel and make shure the other person wins i.e you wear no armour or weapons and turn auto reteliate off lawl

JoeyK.
12-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I supose if you were that paranoid you could stake it in a duel and make shure the other person wins i.e you wear no armour or weapons and turn auto reteliate off lawl
Good idea... except when they want to give it to you through their lv 3 account :P

I don't know why so many people do that, but whatever...

Ashley 12344
12-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Btw, they pick up drop trading as well.

JonJon
12-05-2006, 07:55 PM
My favourite rune story ever: involving drop trading: I went up to the Death Plateau, walked up and got bombed with rock from the trolls. So I went back down, and someone was just standing there. I asked him 'What are you doing?' and he just said nothing, hoping I would go away. I just stood there curiously, until suddenly a red dot appeared on my mini map! I rushed over, to find a pile of coins and 2 acorns lieing there. I picked them both up, and there was.... 50k coins! Not too good, pretty ok though. The guy go really annoyed and was threatening to hack me and Im like 'Your fault for drop tradiing'

Stress Free
12-05-2006, 08:04 PM
My favourite rune story ever: involving drop trading: I went up to the Death Plateau, walked up and got bombed with rock from the trolls. So I went back down, and someone was just standing there. I asked him 'What are you doing?' and he just said nothing, hoping I would go away. I just stood there curiously, until suddenly a red dot appeared on my mini map! I rushed over, to find a pile of coins and 2 acorns lieing there. I picked them both up, and there was.... 50k coins! Not too good, pretty ok though. The guy go really annoyed and was threatening to hack me and Im like 'Your fault for drop tradiing'Awww that wasn`t very nice lawl.

Ashley 12344
12-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, drop trade thieves are really annoying. Like arrow stealers in free worlds, only not as extreme.

JonJon
12-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Im not annoying :P

bowrox
13-05-2006, 05:52 AM
When ranging you have 60 secs to pick them up before they appear for everyone. That 60 secs is your chance, then it is everyones arrows to pick up. They can't thieve because they don't appear until there everyones.

Mr Vodor
13-05-2006, 07:59 AM
no ..

JonJon
13-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Ha wow, I didnt know how long it takes until everyone can see it. Thanks for the info.

Ryan.
13-05-2006, 01:19 PM
hmm this has never happened to me - i always lend my mates money and trade for habbo but nothing ever get's done
and also if you report people they don't ban - coz loadsa people tried reporting me for real life trading (habbo) but nothing got done about it so it's a load of poo - even though loadsa people have been baned for rule 12 =[
glad that's not me =]=]

Ashley 12344
13-05-2006, 06:06 PM
hmm this has never happened to me - i always lend my mates money and trade for habbo but nothing ever get's done
and also if you report people they don't ban - coz loadsa people tried reporting me for real life trading (habbo) but nothing got done about it so it's a load of poo - even though loadsa people have been baned for rule 12 =[
glad that's not me =]=]

Runescape are attempting to crack down on the amount of people doing this though. Part of their attempting to stop macroing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!