PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Weight.

MBond
10-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Okay, first off this may seem like a strange question, but I am quite skinny, but not anerexic (If i even spelt it right). I eat alot of healthy food like Pasta, Veg, Fruit but I do tend to eat A LOT of junk food I.E Choclate.

But I never gain weight, no matter how much I eat! I've been the same weight since Yr 7. And i would like to put on a few pounds so any advice?

micky.blue.eyes
10-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I know somebody who has the same problem but she hasn't found a solution.
Just do the opposite things you do to lose weight:
- Don't sport.
- Don't eat healthy (or at least less healthy stuff)
- Eat lots of fat stuff.

But first you should find out if you really are skinny and underweight, it might be just you who thinks you're skinny.

NekkLe
10-05-2006, 06:51 PM
I know somebody who has the same problem but she hasn't found a solution.
Just do the opposite things you do to lose weight:
- Don't sport.
- Don't eat healthy (or at least less healthy stuff)
- Eat lots of fat stuff.

But first you should find out if you really are skinny and underweight, it might be just you who thinks you're skinny.
By doing this you'll damage your health.

You have a high metabolism, its normal for you to be skinny. Supliments help you gain weight. Nurishment, found in most newsagents are an energy drink which contains alo of protein and needed fats which you'd need after a good exercise.
Maybe consult your doctor before making any major moves because its your health that matters here and you could ruin it.

JellyWorm
11-05-2006, 10:27 AM
It's natural untill u hit 16,17 or 18 lol Being skinny i's a good thing :D Why change it...

RareIce
11-05-2006, 10:46 AM
sit on your couch for a week! with popcorn watching films.

foxyfox00
11-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Try adding protien, and more carbs and good fats such as nuts, oily fish[not the fried type] etc. Constult a dietician for more help.

Metric.
14-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I have a thyroid condition, so I can't gain weight.

Playgirl
14-05-2006, 02:18 PM
OK, first thought: ARE YOU CRAZY?

You were born with a fast metabolism, think yourself lucky.

issaa.
14-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I have a thyroid condition, so I can't gain weight.
I swear if you have a thyroid condition you put on loads of weight?

Lyca
14-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Ask Jeeves ?

Playgirl
14-05-2006, 02:26 PM

It can be either way - you can't lose or can't gain

laurenx
14-05-2006, 04:50 PM
My friend has the same problem, no matter how she eats she never gains weight but she likes it like that :P

I'm not sure what you should do though :(

try google its BETTER than ask jeeves :P

d3stined
14-05-2006, 06:22 PM
I have the same problem. I've weighed almost the same since last year. > < I think it's heriditary. my whole family aren't exactly giants. ;l lol. so I'm pretty short and my BMI evens out. i'm just like one pound under average. I tried eating a lot.. but gained very little weight. ( I'm not anorexic. ) Hard to gain weight and not get a little wider, so don't worry, don't make a big deal out of it if you get a little wider. people will only see it as your weakpoint and make fun of you, lol. just do more sports, go out often, eat healthily and you should be alright. if not, go to the doctor's for advice. my aunt was like this too when she was little.. but that all changed. xD lmaoo. late bloomers? rofl.

pshh, google is soo better than ask jeeves

Mentor
14-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Meh if you have a good metablosim aint much you can do exsept stuff yourself more.. althogh even that doesnt work "/ I do Nout exsorsise, i eat continusly, the majorty of it being fast food and other unhealthy goodness, yet the weight i put on in zilch?
I dont see anything to complain about in there :D

y2kt
14-05-2006, 06:36 PM
lol u wnt 2 b fatter? u slob

Dazzy
15-05-2006, 07:58 AM
When i was younger i always was eating junk and never gained weight but when i got into my teens (13) i noticed i was getting chubby so that was my call for the local GYM iam now got a target off getting a 6 pac but i dont think thats going to happen considering i only go 3 times a week.Any tips on getting Buff ? ^_^ i know lame question

MBond
16-05-2006, 04:17 PM
When i was younger i always was eating junk and never gained weight but when i got into my teens (13) i noticed i was getting chubby so that was my call for the local GYM iam now got a target off getting a 6 pac but i dont think thats going to happen considering i only go 3 times a week.Any tips on getting Buff ? ^_^ i know lame question

If you want a six pack, just do 100 sit-ups a night for a month. Worked for me.

Seacat
17-05-2006, 01:30 PM
eat more calories than you burn and you will progresively gain weight

still do exercise, but just enough to keep your heart going

eat a variety of protein to put on weight in the form of muscle. eat variety of things and try to have a small meal every 3 hours instead of 2 big meals every 6 hours. drink lots of water and join a gym to work out! you will put muscle on and muscle weighs more than fat (and looks better :P)

iluvben
21-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Nah Claz theres two types under-active thyroid and over-active, one makes you lose weight , one makes you put on :P its the over-active I think which makes you lose it.

jojoandme
22-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Okay, first off this may seem like a strange question, but I am quite skinny, but not anerexic (If i even spelt it right). I eat alot of healthy food like Pasta, Veg, Fruit but I do tend to eat A LOT of junk food I.E Choclate.

But I never gain weight, no matter how much I eat! I've been the same weight since Yr 7. And i would like to put on a few pounds so any advice?
Hear is my advice eat before you go to bed so that your body doesnt use it and it goe's right to fat.
You could eat alot of protien shakes to get some musle on you.
also I suggest the shakes because girls dig it trust me:) They love mine :)
With fat you won't be able to excersise with out losing it.

Flap
28-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm like that, But I suppose I dont want to put any weight on

Pedro-Valente
02-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Well i'm 14, 15 in 7days and i weigh 8 and half stone don't know if that's right or not and i'm short-ish for my age

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!