PDA

View Full Version : [CS:S] Need help plsssssssssssssssss.

J0SH
10-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I need help.

I got half life 2, and it comes with other junk to do with half life, and it comes with Counter strike source, so i downloaded all the games, and stuff and i launch the game it shows the 2 people then, a black screen comes up and then it makes a noise and it like freezes, so it keeps playing the sound help pls.

NekkLe
10-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Ok, have you made sure your computor matches the sytem requirements, you'll find them on the back of the HL2 cover.

J0SH
10-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Yup it reaches, the requierments, and i was looking through my games and i found CS:S which comes with half life, so cs:s is like the main thing so, i might just try that.

J0SH
11-05-2006, 06:08 AM
I managed, to play one game last night now when i run it it goes to the black screen :s

How do i run it
hard drive
steam
xfire

NekkLe
11-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Right, you have steam? i'm sure you have because you install this whilst installing the HL2. HL2 basically has HL2 the game, HL2 deathmatch and Counter strike source which is the one you want to play.
I tried playing css on my old computor but it failed to work, I got the exact same problems as you, it loads up and then freezes and goes blank. This was due to my computor not reaching the needed requirements.

I have a new computor now that easily plays css, i'm thinking that it still may be something to do with your computor? It may meet the requirements but its struggeling to play the game. What processor do you have?

Also remember that this game needs alot to run on, thats been the setback for css as most computors barely reach to playing it. Post back if your still stuck.

J0SH
11-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Still not working.
This is really annoying.

My computer, reaches the requierments and its only about 6 months old..

The game is Counter Strike Source, and on the back also includes
HL2 Dm, and DoD source.

This is the one that worked, now i left it other night (computer off) and i play in the morning the 2 people, pop up then a black screen, it don't let me find servers and stuff just freezes on a black screen help pls.

NekkLe
11-05-2006, 05:53 PM
It has to be the computor, whats your processor, if its a intel processor 4 then thats a start. CSS, like i've said does need alot to run it, a normal computor won't meet up to the requirements thats needed for the game to run smoothly.

J0SH
13-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Ive got fujitsu siemens pentium 4, so it should work..

NekkLe
13-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Hmm, it should do, maybe you should the steam forum: Steam forums (http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php)

J0SH
13-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Link dont work, thanks anyway.

wear in north london are you? area?

i live in east london [e9] ;)

J0SH
13-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Omg, i tryed, both disk its pjssing me off.
pls help, if u help +rep.

I meet the requierments.
I Played once, can't remember how i opened it, and next night i turnt the computer, off. Wake up go on the 2 people come up, and it goes 2 a black screen plus my task manager aint coming up fo' some reason (Cntrl + alt + del) i don't know why it don't work, this computer is driving me crazy, anyway help????????????!

NekkLe
14-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Link dont work, thanks anyway.

wear in north london are you? area?

i live in east london [e9] ;)
The link should work? works fine for me :s I live in Barnet, not far from tottenham, woodgreen etc..

J0SH
14-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Is this it?

Answer If you receive one of these errors you will need to do the following:
Cancel the current installation process and reinstall the game from the beginning, starting with Disk #1. Make certain to select the option to install both Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source.

Note: If you prefer not to retain the Counter-Strike: Source program on your system AFTER INSTALLATION, you can
remove it using the following procedure:
* After Half-Life 2 has been successfully installed, open up the Steam client.
* Select the Play Games list
* RIGHT click on Counter-Strike: Source and select Properties
* Select "Delete Local Content."

NekkLe
14-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Try it, i've run out of answers, but that being the simple and maybe effective so give it a go.

J0SH
15-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Woo i tryed that and it unistalled, source so on steam i right click source, condition zero and 1.6 and installed all of them now they work, thanks anyway NekkLe +rep<3

NekkLe
15-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Woo i tryed that and it unistalled, source so on steam i right click source, condition zero and 1.6 and installed all of them now they work, thanks anyway NekkLe +rep<3
Wow, glad you finally got it all working, nice one mate :) thanks.

J0SH
16-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Source stopped working again, Oh well i prefer CZ and 1.6 tbh source looks 2 over rated, and not many people play it.

I Prefer surf levels and all that on CZ [Its hard to surf on CS:S]

:>

NekkLe
16-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Dunno, havn't tried the surfind maps on css. Cz is good enough, I play that occasionally.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!