PDA

View Full Version : UK Metro Newspaper = Not a reliable source of information, apparently.

HUGECOOL
12-05-2006, 10:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/tugonit/metrokids.jpg

Interesting..

Also more interesting is this:

basically a revamped, renamed version of the Japanese gaming giant’s popular Revolution console, the Wii features wireless, motion-sensing sticks you wave around in mid-air.
Wow! The Revolution was released, became a Japanese gaming giant, and was popular- all without the world ever knowing! Thankfully though, UK's journalists were able to scoop up this story and share it with us. We should all be greatful.

Sarcasm aside, what in the world were they thinking?! Seriously, does anyone even read that the articles are correct? And the price! It mentions the Wii will be 150 British Pounds, yet Nintendo hasn't even made an announcement. o_O

Oh! And this was interesting as well:

“Gaming got serious yesterday as Nintendo and Sony launched their latest gaming consoles." Once again, I am speechless. Apparently, Nintendo and Sony launched their latest gaming consoles at E3. Anyone manage to get one? :rolleyes:

Dentafrice1
12-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Yep i did. I was at the sulake presentation when over the loudspeaker

"PS3's And Revolution: Code 77xxxx"

If you had and 77 code on your ticket you got them!!

I got htem

SHEEPY
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Aha, yeah. I read that today and thought the same thing. Can't really complain it's a free paper you get on the bus.

Dentafrice1
12-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Yea lol!!!

HUGECOOL
12-05-2006, 10:30 PM
lol Wow. Mass misinformation- one of the many flaws of society. ;p

I wonder how many people got off the bus and went to go buy a Wii or PS3?

Bear-Max
12-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Fyta, I'm guessing nobody went to get a "wee", as they've called it. That article basically makes it out to be regurgitated kiddy crap. With "sticks".

I don't trust general newspapers for gaming information full stop. The Sun's tiny game section on a Friday is awful; even the worst games get no less than a score of 80%.

I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory got 87%.

:l

Sygon.
12-05-2006, 10:54 PM
The wii loojks so much better than all of them,

Rashelly
13-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Metro is the local paper in Birmingham, it provided me with many hours of entertainment(that might be the wrong word) for two years every morning on the way to college.
We used to read the personals...gosh they were funny
It's a stupid paper anyway it doesn't suprise me that they wrote such idiotic things, the only good article thjey ever did was about Sponge Bob Square Pants being homosexual (!?)

Jordan3
13-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Is that the free paper that you get on the London Underground?

xxMATTGxx
13-05-2006, 07:56 AM
The metro is like all over the UK you can get it in manchester as well lol

NekkLe
13-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Is that the free paper that you get on the London Underground?
Yep, I always pick one up when i'm at work in Angel.

Magnet
13-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I always see these papers on the trian, loads everywhere, so I read them.

I did read that article yes, quite silly really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!