PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelty

la-ur-en
08-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Recently i was reading the sunday paper, and on it was an article, i cant remember the name but here is what happned!

Article 1: Three or four teenagers got a dog, and beat it up, then went to the local train station, and tied the dog to the railings, the dog trying to struggle free broke two legs, then, half an hour later, having getting things thrown at them like stones, cans, glass bottles, the train came!

This article made me feel sick, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, how could somebody do this? Animals dont deserve to be beaten, they are helpless, they cannot fight the strenght that humans have... If it wasn't for animals, none of us would be alive, as there would be no evolution, so nothing would have delevoped!

Article 2: In some places in china, this is what they think is normal:
They buy over 10,000 dogs (mostly grey hounds) and sell them, but not in the kind of way you may be thinking of!
They pull the dogs to front legs, over there back, and tie them together (causing the legs to dislocate) then they throw them in a large lorry, they go on a long trip, keeping the dogs without any food or water, for 72 hours, then when they get there, they thrown the dogs in what looks like a large skip (like the ones you get at a dump), because it is quite a long way down, some of them get crushed, and die, but some survive, which isn't as good as it sounds, because they have to go through the pain of the next thing that happens. In this skip, each dog gets pulled through a kind of tunnel, and its head gets chopped off, and the body is sold for meat (for soup, or just grilled meat) the dogs fur is then shaved off, and used for handbags...
Some of you, at the moment, may be sitting with your dog running about the house, or sitting next to you, how thankful are you that your dog was put in a nice home, instead of getting killed for meat?

Article 3: Anyone here ever went on holiday, and went to one of your local shows, that include the following?
Dolphins/whales
Bears

In parts of america, there are tourist attractions, where people can meet the dolphins/whales, have a swim with them, then go watch a show containing them, this is all very well, but what really happens behind that curtain?
The dolphins are kept in small enclosed spaces, then put straight into work the next day, and places in the USA like RSPCA say that dolphins should only work once a week, and kept under good conditions, most places do keep at these standards, but some, are quite bad, dolphins symbolise freedom, joy, grace and serenity, but these places turn them angry and tempermental, which then causes the dolphin to become depressed, and stop eating, usually they die of depression, last year i took a trip to america, and went to a place where you could swim with dolphins, and the standard were great, they lived next to the sea, obviously they had a fence so the dolphins could escape, but they had atleast 300 to 350 acres of land to be themselves, and a personal bit where they would do there work!

In a India they have a special type of 'sport' called 'bear dancing' this is where they put a bear infront of large crowds, and make it dance, but instead of training it to ACTUALLY dance freely, they put a large ring through its nose, and attach it to a rope, which the owner holds and pulls, and put hot plates under its feet, and chain its feet to the ground, so they cannot run away, the plates are atleast 200°c (20°c more than some ceramic hair straightners) these conditions cause the bear pain, so trying to avoid the pain in its nose with the hook, it moves its head forward and back, then to avoid the heat on its feet, it jumps up and down frantically, this show lasts for about 2 minutes, they then take the bear, and lock it up in a cage, with no water, and limited food, the next day, after about 50 shows that day, has to make a 35 mile journey to the next destination, on foot, while the owner goes in a cart! Here is the diary
3-5 weeks old, kidnapped, mother killed, then makes journey, some died on the way cause of dehydration, starvation and trauma.

When reached there destination, it is time for the piercing of their ultra-sensitive muzzle. The bear is held down by a group of men while an iron needle, previously heated in a coal fire, is inserted into the squealing bear cub.(no fertilisation is used for this).

They then insert a rope which usually gets infected into the piercing.

Then it is time to dance, in some places, they use hot plates, in others they use large, heavy sticks to hit them with.

Before the bear is one year old, its incisor and canine teeth are ripped out and sold as lucky charms. These are usually fairly expensive to buy. As the toothless bear is unable to eat its normal diet, it is limited to lentils and chapatis. This often gives the bears terminal intestinal disorders.

Does this make you sick? If so support WSPA (World Society for the Protection of Animals). These people try to keep the law going, as they have made a law to stop bear trading in India, but the law is hardly existing!

I also hate animal testing, if you need to buy a make up product, MAKE SURE you read the back, if it says it has been tested on animals, throw it away, only go for make-up that has the small sign on the back saying 'Not tested on animals' or '(shop name) does not test these products on animals'.

Everyone who hurts an animal, deserves to suffer in serious pain the rest of there lifes, most of these people dont just hurt one animal but thousands! I HATE THEM, god if could just get the message across to people, and have the power to stop it, i would!

Thats all from me(i dont want to bore you with the thousands of storys/experiences i have had) if you have any storys, please post them...
Thanx!

Edit: here is a link to a website that also helps stop bear dancing, and shows pictures http://www.animalsvoice.com/PAGES/archive/beardnce.html

* Edited by Janeh - This section is for complaining about habbohotel, please post in the correct section

Mentor
08-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I personly disgree with spening money on protecting animals before protecting humans.
I think humans deserve first priorty.

Adzeh
08-01-2005, 09:55 PM
thats really eye opening, I cant beleive that thing about the dog.

Hippygurl101
08-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I totally disagree with animal testing and Vivisection. I mean I know people try to justify it for helath and medical reasons but what they dotn know is that the majority of time it means nothnig. For product testing most companies just use it as a 'Not out fault we tested it on animals' to back them up.
Animals only actually predict correctly harmful side affects 5-25% of the time. Ironic how many people trust a product when it’s been tested, when realistically 75-95% of side affects on any scale of hazardous from it have never been realised. Thing is in America last year 100,000 people died from Adverse Drug Reactions from prescription medicines, which is more than the illegal drug deaths, put together.. So you want to rely on animal testing? I mean they labelled smoking 'safe' after early animal tests when if they had done real tests they would of realised that the toxins would cause cancer, which it did, and people died as a result of this mistake.
.. and also you know they managed to cure cancer in mice.. but yet couldnt transfer it to humans an obvious fact were different.

Pure and simple the animal’s only crime is being an animal. Vivisection is defined as the painful treatment of living animals for the purposes of scientific research, but when does our exploration for answers turn into an immoral practice that cruelly treats animals with little compensation in research significance?
(Ah La-ur-en doesnt it remind you of our old Imp thread on this..)

la-ur-en
08-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I personly disgree with spening money on protecting animals before protecting humans.
I think humans deserve first priorty.

People can donate to humans and animals, it only costs £2.00 a month/week for both, which isn't alot!

P.s. Yes, i remember the thread on imp.net, ha, forgot about that there...

-Soro-
08-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah, animal cruelty is horrible - I'm really against it... I don't do anything about it though.

But in the middle east, things like torturing and eating dogs and cats is normal, they have different culture - sorry if you don't agree but I respect their tradition, they kill dogs just as we kill chickens.

Still, it's horrible and I don't like to watch anything like it.

la-ur-en
08-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah, animal cruelty is horrible - I'm really against it... I don't do anything about it though.

But in the middle east, things like torturing and eating dogs and cats is normal, they have different culture - sorry if you don't agree but I respect their tradition, they kill dogs just as we kill chickens.

Still, it's horrible and I don't like to watch anything like it.

That is all very well, i also don't agree with killing chickens, i am a vegetarian, and if i ever seen anybody hurting an animal, i would charge at them :evil: .
I wouldn't respect anyone who killed an animal, thing is, killing dogs is diffrent, billions of people have them as pets, they are what is called 'man's best friend' which is true! Also, chickens lay eggs every week, so if we didnt kill them (not saying i am agreeing with it) the population would rise right up, but dogs population doesn't, because usually only breeders' breed dogs, chickens have like 6 a week, where as dogs have 6 every 2 years!(minimum).
And not only is dog cruelty going on, just go onto www.animalsvoice.com then click on Image gallery, then click on a title and look at all the animals that are getting killed, tortured.
I really dont understand how you could respect them torturing a dog, killing them is one thing, but torturing them is completly out of order!

Ziabotsu
09-01-2005, 12:03 PM
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHOP HUMANS HEADS OFF INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE THAT HELPS CHOP DOGS HEADS OFF OR ANY OTHER WAY TO KILL THEM SHOULD DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE! DOGS DONT DESERVE TO DIE!

..::Tina::..
09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
I HATE people who are cruel to animals.
We have a cat and a dog from the RSPCA.
I don't know what happened to our cat, but we think she got kicked by her owners cos she isn't scared of us when she's on the table, but on the ground she runs away. Also she isn't normally scared when I come to her because I walk lightly.
But we know what happened to our dog - she wasn't really trained and her owner tried to take tissue paper out of her mouth, but when she wouldn't let her she hit her.

-Soro-
09-01-2005, 12:33 PM
That is all very well, i also don't agree with killing chickens, i am a vegetarian, and if i ever seen anybody hurting an animal, i would charge at them :evil: .
I wouldn't respect anyone who killed an animal, thing is, killing dogs is diffrent, billions of people have them as pets, they are what is called 'man's best friend' which is true! Also, chickens lay eggs every week, so if we didnt kill them (not saying i am agreeing with it) the population would rise right up, but dogs population doesn't, because usually only breeders' breed dogs, chickens have like 6 a week, where as dogs have 6 every 2 years!(minimum).
And not only is dog cruelty going on, just go onto www.animalsvoice.com then click on Image gallery, then click on a title and look at all the animals that are getting killed, tortured.
I really dont understand how you could respect them torturing a dog, killing them is one thing, but torturing them is completly out of order!

We've been brought up to think as dogs as pets, I've studied this at school in RE a few years ago... We know dogs as pets, Asian's don't see anything wrong with it, but because of the way we've been brought up and the way we think, we look at it and think it's disgusting, they see it as normal.... I respect them eating them because it's their tradition, and know I don't respect ANYTHING being tortured. Torture is inhuman, sick, and evil.

Edit: I probably didn't make my previous post clear, but even if I did respect dog-torture or whatever, you cannot tell me what and what is not right - for all you know I'm Asian-born and I eat dogs every night. (which I'm not and I don't). :@

SoraSafe
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
We shouldn't get first priority over animals, they have just as much right to live as we do. Sure thye may not be as intelligent but they can't say "Stop" when they're getting mutated. I'd rather have some mass murderer tested on then some inocent animal. Killing an animal should have the same consequences as killing a human because it's murder all the same. But I don't respect the fact you think Asians eating dogs is disgusting, you probably eat meat which is basically the same, it's only due to the fact we've never heard of eating dogs and we grow to love them as if they were part of the family. They could be shocked and disgusted all the same if they heard some of the things some of us eat.

GommeInc
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Is this Habbo animal cruelty, if not this is in the wrong section badly.

Animals need protection but Humans need it more.

la-ur-en
09-01-2005, 04:59 PM
No, its not habbo dogs or cats...

-Soro-
09-01-2005, 05:49 PM
We shouldn't get first priority over animals, they have just as much right to live as we do. Sure thye may not be as intelligent but they can't say "Stop" when they're getting mutated. I'd rather have some mass murderer tested on then some inocent animal. Killing an animal should have the same consequences as killing a human because it's murder all the same. But I don't respect the fact you think Asians eating dogs is disgusting, you probably eat meat which is basically the same, it's only due to the fact we've never heard of eating dogs and we grow to love them as if they were part of the family. They could be shocked and disgusted all the same if they heard some of the things some of us eat.

Good point, in religions such as mine we are taught that man were put in command of the animals, to protect them.

ramjet
09-01-2005, 05:58 PM
I also hate animal testing, if you need to buy a make up product, MAKE SURE you read the back, if it says it has been tested on animals, throw it away, only go for make-up that has the small sign on the back saying 'Not tested on animals' or '(shop name) does not test these products on animals'.

i dont agree with animal testin but it is either an animal dies or a human dies, humans have to come first like all these societies to save dogs when 10,000 people die of poverty a day get ur priorities straight,

1. humans
2. animals

you also say that asians eating dogs is different to us eating chickens? HOW? Just as people in THIS and similar countries have dogs doesnt mean people in say Thailand are attached to them and i feel that that particular view is a slight rascist

-Soro-
09-01-2005, 06:07 PM
By the way Lauren, the only reason we love dogs so much - is because we've only ever seen them as pets, if we didn't have them as pets, they'd be wild... Have you ever seen a wild dog? Yes? You'd love them then wouldn't you? They'd sooner rip your guts out than look at you.

dj-ally
09-01-2005, 06:14 PM
THATS HORRIBLE I HOPE THOESE TWISTED PEOPLE GO TO HELL SICK TWISTED LOSER
WHY WOULD ANY 1 HURT A POOR INISENT DOGS THE DAY I FIND THEM IS THE DAY IT SHOW ABITCUARYS IN THE PAPER. UNDER THEM 4 TEENS GO MISSING BODYS FOUND IN LOCAL LAKE. GOD THOESE SICK TWISTED I LOVE DOGS. DOGS DESERV TO BE TREWAT WITH RESPECT 2! AND DOGS DONT DESERV TO BE BEATEN UP . I TREAT MY PETS good WHEN MY DOG WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE (died at 19 people yrs thatS old) WAS LIKE FAMILY I LET HER EAT OFF THE TABEL AND SAME WITH MY CATS NOW I HOPE THOESE TWISTED LOSER GO OT HELL! i could SAY alot more BUT ID PROBLY GET MYSELF BANNED!

By the way Lauren, the only reason we love dogs so much - is because we've only ever seen them as pets, if we didn't have them as pets, they'd be wild... Have you ever seen a wild dog? Yes? You'd love them then wouldn't you? They'd sooner rip your guts out than look at you.
Yes dogs were wild at one time and yesh iv been bitten by 1 -_- THATS STILL NO REASON TO TREAT ANY ANIMAL LIEK THAT

GommeInc
09-01-2005, 06:38 PM
All animals deserve respect but it is either a human dies or an animals dies. But people doing it for shere fun deserve to be shot personality (the person that is).

But in the bibble (spelt wrong of course muahahah),

Humans were put in control of animals for some strange reason.

Mentor
09-01-2005, 07:04 PM
PS. can i just point out a very hypoctitcal part of this, You all moan about someone killing a dog, yet you all go around and kill spiders, fly and bugs, and they are just as important as any other creature.

Humans are animals, and we will follow the same rules how ever muhc we try not to. WE are animals and alwasy wil be. We are no more in control of an aniamla, that a spider is in control of a fly.

(ps. ther are still wiled dogs)

I can see the argumnet about inhuman treatmnt of animals, but if you argue agsits say EATing dogs then unless your are a vegitarian you are a hyprocrit, as most people still eat otehr animals, and if nayone says it cuz dogs are smarter, a pig is ALOT smarter than a dog.

(ps. lord gomme didnt u support fox hunting)

la-ur-en
09-01-2005, 07:53 PM
First of all, did you see on the news about the locusts eating the crops? If we dont keep the popularity of flys, spiders and insects down, they will eat away at our crops, our materials...
I don't agree with killing any sort of creature, even human!
Nothing deserves to die, and an animal dies for our looks?
I understand if it is for a disease, but it isn't accurate, our scientists are now keeping millions of vampire bats, so they can do tests, because as you know, vampire bats **** there preys blood, and leave only small cuts, they are doing tests as they think this will get rid of cancer, taking out the blood.

If they want accurate testings, they should look for volunteers, that are offering to give there body to save millions of other people, if they don't do this, what is better?
An animal dieing (no accuracy!)
A Human (with the disease) who is willing to give there life? (very accurate!)

I think i would chose the second one personally...

Most people have only been argueing with one of the points i have made, and that is animal testing! What about my other arguements? The one about the dog and the train? Or the one about the bear? Or the one about eating dog?
There is no excuse for animal cruelty! Thousands of years ago, egyptian kings used to worship there dogs, actually, the animals would have better service than the kings, if there was no humans,(i am not saying i wish there wasn't) animals would live in peace, the population wouldn't rise, and wouldn't go down, as nature would take it's place! Humans are making the population go down drastically, it says there is only 600 polar bears left, because of carbon based gases, ruining the o zone layer!
We are practically our own enemy, we are killing ourselves! People think 'oh terrible, lets just sit here an complain' but what do they ACTUALLY do about it? Nothing! Because if we done something about it, everything would have been sorted by now, no animal cruelty, no war, JUST PEACE!
People are so greedy, if they only killed a certain amount of animals, instead of 1000's of animals a day in one state! Its the same with plants, if only people ate a good ammount a day, instead of eating when they are not even hungry! You should only have 3 proper meals a day, and nothing in between, and lunch should only be something small!
This would also stop so many humans dieing aswell, because animals wouldn't be extinct, and plants would grow more, and the o-zone layer wouldn't be getting ruined, because not so many people will be driving about killing loads of animals! There are so many reasons how killing animals affects our world!
These are just a few!

Edit: Mentor, there are still wild dogs, and these are wolves and foxes, i don't agree with fox hunting either, what type of entertainment do you get by killing a fox, then letting your dog rip it to peices? (Incase you didn't know, foxes are the same species as dogs, so that is like us ripping each other apart!) Then what do you do with the foxes corpse? Nothing! You leave it there, Let it rot!

-Soro-
17-01-2005, 05:17 PM
there are still wild dogs, and these are wolves and foxes

Actually, wild dogs and foxes/wolves are completely different. Meet a angry wild dog in the middle of a forest and you'll regret it. :p

Convictions
18-01-2005, 07:52 AM
What the hells wrong with eating dogs, i never meant it in a way saying im like "YEH ILL FIND A DOG AND EAT IT' i aint like that. Respect the Asian traditions, they've been eating dogs for donkey's years, they eat horses, sharks and some other stuff and its normal. Due to the lack of cows and edible sheep in China they dine on edible meats such as horsemeat, just think if you where chinese you wouldnt like someone saying "Ive come to your house and ill beat you if you eat another dog in your life.

But as for the other stuff, eg beating dogs animals im against that.Sorry if anyone found that offensive i just had to express myself :P

-Soro-
18-01-2005, 04:07 PM
What the hells wrong with eating dogs, i never meant it in a way saying im like "YEH ILL FIND A DOG AND EAT IT' i aint like that. Respect the Asian traditions, they've been eating dogs for donkey's years, they eat horses, sharks and some other stuff and its normal. Due to the lack of cows and edible sheep in China they dine on edible meats such as horsemeat, just think if you where chinese you wouldnt like someone saying "Ive come to your house and ill beat you if you eat another dog in your life.

But as for the other stuff, eg beating dogs animals im against that. But im not against hunting in any way. Sorry if anyone found that offensive i just had to express myself :P

Exactly, they believe it's a part of life, so let them.

Just because you, Lauren, believe it's wrong, it doesn't mean it is.

It is normal in some parts of the world, it's interesting how you cannot grasp that.

Michael.
18-01-2005, 04:43 PM
- I think we should be allowed to eat meat and not all be vegamaterians (That's what I call em anyway!)
- My dad hunts for rabbits, cos they eat farmer's crops. Is that wrong? It's better than them all being gassed aint it?
- People who abuse animals for fun, ie. hit, kick etc. I am AGAINST.

GommeInc
18-01-2005, 07:15 PM

But as for the other stuff, eg beating dogs animals im against that. But im not against hunting in any way. Sorry if anyone found that offensive i just had to express myself :P

That is a very good point!
If anyone finds that offensive then they are too sad for life!

Beating dogs is horrible if it has no purpose and with a purpose it isn't nice if the dog hasn't done anything!

China eats dogs, and? We eat cows, sheep, chicken, pigs etc.... Are we going to cry for them? NO!!!!!!!!!!

We eat meat as we have the teeth for eating meat, we can digest it perfectly well unless you eat some meats raw which can kill you or give you bad illnesses.

We eat meat to survive, if I was in a room with a chicken starving, I would bash it's brain in a Hungry fit and cook the meat with some conveniately places cooking utensils. Do I care? NO!! That chicken is dying to save another rather than 2 people surviving.

I would get started on Vegans and some points of vegetarianism but I can't be bother'd. Vegan's are the most saddist people on the planet is what I shall leave it as!

properclone
18-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Heard about the guy who puts kittens in jars and makes them live there so you can 'have the pet in the shape you always dreamed of'
Sick.

http://www.bonsaikittens.com if you think you can hande it =\

-Soro-
18-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Heard about the guy who puts kittens in jars and makes them live there so you can 'have the pet in the shape you always dreamed of'
Sick.

That's an example of REAL animal cruelty.

But I think what Lauren's talking about it more the Asian's 'way of life', therefore it's not really animal cruelty.

Asians don't see it as cruel, but properclone's example of animal cruelty is the intention to harm animals, that's what you should be fighting against, not what Asians eat for lunch.

SoraSafe
19-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Humans are animals themselves, homo sapiens, we were probably some low species at some point in history. Instead of saying humans should come first or vice versa why not: Everyone/thing comes first.

Convictions
19-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Sick.

Man thats bad, my younger brother who's 8 said to me yesterday 'Why do people do that to animals?' it really made me think about why animals are tortured.

But im still with the Asian traditions on the other hand

krieg
19-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I beat on a 2 month old puppy with a stick. :D

-Soro-
19-01-2005, 04:25 PM

Is your ambition on these forums to be the known as 'Sick Krieg'?

Cut the childish stories please, I'd sooner die than believe that.

Convictions
19-01-2005, 04:55 PM

Dude if you think your funny and 'cool' your just being a *******

la-ur-en
23-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Okay, so you think animal cruelty is funny now do you krieg? Well, why doesn't someone just beat you up with a stick, nothing likes pain, it is something that we all hate, if someone is about to punch you, you try to punch them back, but most animals are to weak, or to scared to fight back, i dont think any sort of animal cruelty is fair, if everyone just turned vegetarian, or if there was only a certain ammount of animal killing each day, it would make the world a BETTER place!

-Soro-
23-01-2005, 07:51 PM
if everyone just turned vegetarian, or if there was only a certain ammount of animal killing each day, it would make the world a BETTER place!

Sadly there's such a thing as free will. Fighting against animal cruelty is fine, but you can't expect the world to change completely, there's not enough people who want what you want, and even if there was I would never give up eating meat, neither would the other 75% of the world.

Michael.
24-01-2005, 09:12 PM
BTW - Just so people know, bonsaikittens.com is fake. It's in very bad taste, and the RSPCA recieved over 600 complaints about it. Read it here.
http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RSPCA/Utility/HelpHomepage&articleid=1002733069180

8Marcus8
24-01-2005, 09:16 PM
i think the above website has now been closed :D

ttranquility.
24-01-2005, 09:20 PM
THATS SO SAD! :'( OMG :'(

BlackGarden
24-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Sadly there's such a thing as free will. Fighting against animal cruelty is fine, but you can't expect the world to change completely, there's not enough people who want what you want, and even if there was I would never give up eating meat, neither would the other 75% of the world.
Well, whether there is free will or not is debatable... for all we know every action we make is determined either by some "greater force" or by things that have happened to us in the past.
My brother is taking a philosophy degree - maybe I talk to him too much??

Ichamael
25-01-2005, 04:52 PM
i pretty much dislike all animals except cats. i think its perfectly fine to test products on animals.

la-ur-en
26-01-2005, 08:47 PM
If i said, 'i pretty much hate Ichamael, so its okay if they do test on him' thing is, its not okay, 'cause animal testing is not accurate, and people who need to use animals to get there make-up tested on are sad, torturing/killing a poor animal, just to make you look that tiny bit better (or in some cases uglier) i have had enough of people saying its 'okay' to test on animals, animals have much of a right in this world as humans, in fact, humans should be thanking animals, as most of them were on this earth before we were even created, they helped us 'evolve'!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael.
26-01-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm against Animal Testing and Unlawful Abuse of Animals.
Animal Testing is wrong. If it's going to be used be humans, TEST IT ON HUMANS!

I still think we can eat meat though

BlackGarden
26-01-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm against Animal Testing and Unlawful Abuse of Animals.
Animal Testing is wrong. If it's going to be used be humans, TEST IT ON HUMANS!

I still think we can eat meat though
On eating meat:
I recognise that some animals need to kill to eat, and I am not naive enough to think that carnivores should all be vegetarian. I also recognise that in the food chain, it is natural for humans to eat meat. However, I think that seeing humans as the top of the food chain is a bit snobbish frankly. Plenty of animals would eat us. Anyway, the point is we are not simply carnivores. We are omnivores. And unlike many omnivores we have choice. We can live perfectly healthily without meat, without killing, and we have the means to do so.
In short: Live and let live. I don't need to kill to eat so I don't. Some people do need to eat meat (the example that springs to mind is anaemic people) and that's fair enough, but I don't, so I have no reason to.

On animal testing:
I completely agree. Many drugs could be rejected due to failures in animal trials when they are perfectly safe for use on humans (eg cats are allergic to penicillin). Animals and humans are too different for animal testing to be effective and therefore justifiable. It is just cruelty for the sake of cruelty, and has no scientific merit.

8Marcus8
26-01-2005, 09:22 PM
to sign a petition agenst these matters of animal cruelty click the link:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=18310

la-ur-en
26-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I agree with BlackGarden (sorry lol) there...
If you have to eat meat, then eat it, but i see no point in eating meat when we have plenty of crops growing in our land...
Also i would just like to point out this small thing...
Say theres a little kid eating his dinner, on the plate there is chicken, brocoli, potatoe, sweetcorn...
Now the two things the child would eat first are the potatoes and the sweetcorn, but usually they leave the chicken till last and only eat a small portion, and the rest gets chucked in the bin... I have seen it happen plenty of times when i lived in my house, and my younger brother would complain and moan until my parents finally gave up and chucked it out, thankfully, at this time a was still a vege, so i didn't have to worry about it...
But so much meat gets wasted, even the small little black puddings you get, a poor lamb had to die, just so that you could have a little fry up on a sunday, i was also quite sick at that 'sainsburys' advert not that long ago, the chef asked where they got the pig meat from, then showed us the pig farm, how disgusting is that? I mean, how could it be in someones conscience to actually of seen the little animal you killed, then eat it, knowing that you have just ruined its life...
Animals in the wild, kill naturally, and plus they eat all the meat, we don't, we leave big chunks of meat, and theres parts of the bodys we don't even use...
I also want to point out things like 'fur coats' and 'leather bags' I think these are disgraceful, since when has killing an animal and wearing it been a fashion item? Great, lets just go out and kill a poor innocent cow (or snake) just so that we can look brilliant and only ever use the bag once and then buy another one when we get bored'... Or 'great lets not buy the fake fur jackets, lets buy a real fur jacket, cause nothings better than wearing a poor animal so i can be warm' There is no need for suffering or killing of any sort of creature, and the only thing we can blame is ourselves and the people around us, we are all actually killing ourselves aswell, i would get more into it, but this post seems rather large at the moment, so i think i might post it in the next post...

BlackGarden
26-01-2005, 09:53 PM
I agree with BlackMagic there...
Erm... if you were referring to my post... which it looks like you were... it's BlackGarden not BlackMagic :)

la-ur-en
26-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Heh Heh, sorry about that, i must have got confused lol, its changed now lol!!!

G-flow
26-01-2005, 10:38 PM
:p moi a vegetarian all my life,w00t, nearly 15 years

Michael.
27-01-2005, 07:34 AM
I agree with BlackGarden (sorry lol) there...
If you have to eat meat, then eat it, but i see no point in eating meat when we have plenty of crops growing in our land...
Also i would just like to point out this small thing...
Say theres a little kid eating his dinner, on the plate there is chicken, brocoli, potatoe, sweetcorn...
Now the two things the child would eat first are the potatoes and the sweetcorn, but usually they leave the chicken till last and only eat a small portion, and the rest gets chucked in the bin... I have seen it happen plenty of times when i lived in my house, and my younger brother would complain and moan until my parents finally gave up and chucked it out, thankfully, at this time a was still a vege, so i didn't have to worry about it...
But so much meat gets wasted, even the small little black puddings you get, a poor lamb had to die, just so that you could have a little fry up on a sunday, i was also quite sick at that 'sainsburys' advert not that long ago, the chef asked where they got the pig meat from, then showed us the pig farm, how disgusting is that? I mean, how could it be in someones conscience to actually of seen the little animal you killed, then eat it, knowing that you have just ruined its life...
Animals in the wild, kill naturally, and plus they eat all the meat, we don't, we leave big chunks of meat, and theres parts of the bodys we don't even use...
I also want to point out things like 'fur coats' and 'leather bags' I think these are disgraceful, since when has killing an animal and wearing it been a fashion item? Great, lets just go out and kill a poor innocent cow (or snake) just so that we can look brilliant and only ever use the bag once and then buy another one when we get bored'... Or 'great lets not buy the fake fur jackets, lets buy a real fur jacket, cause nothings better than wearing a poor animal so i can be warm' There is no need for suffering or killing of any sort of creature, and the only thing we can blame is ourselves and the people around us, we are all actually killing ourselves aswell, i would get more into it, but this post seems rather large at the moment, so i think i might post it in the next post...
Lauren, Humans are Omnivores.
I eat both meat & vegetables. I could happily go a few days without eating meat. But, eating meat is what man has done from the start of time.
I'm against all this "Factory farming" thing, my mum only buys free range.

What about rabbits?
My dad's a hunter and he kills a few rabbits every month, in pest control. Did you know Lauren, that rabbits are eating your vegetables? I know you're saying now 'That's really wrong!' but, the farmers would get the Ministry Of Agriculture in and gas all the rabbits in a 1 mile radius. At least with hunters, it's a bit "Hit & Miss".

Sainsbury's Advert?
It's a way of life. Farmers have to do that for money.

There are some qualities in meat which you can't get from vegetables. And of course we're not of the food chain! Some animals would love to have an arm and a leg of Us. There is no alternative for the qualities in meat, like there is for fur.

SoraSafe
27-01-2005, 04:08 PM
If you think that's bad you should see how and why they kill seals in Canada.

G-flow
27-01-2005, 04:10 PM
How do they kill seals in canada :s, :(

SoraSafe
27-01-2005, 04:13 PM
It's a tad too graphical to post on here, but let's just say it's done manually and it's usually not a one hit kill.

G-flow
27-01-2005, 04:16 PM
ENOUGH! THAT MAKES ME FEEL SICK :(

Tom.Harrop
29-01-2005, 02:57 PM
i read the 1st 1, aawwwwwww, then looked down the page, sawhow much writing there was, and thats a;; i got to, loadza writing is sssssssooooooooooooooooo boring!

la-ur-en
29-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Okay... That post made no sense, if you don't wanna read writing, then i don't think you will be very good at realising the importance of things on the news, as you just claimed long storys are 'boring!'

-Soro-
29-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Okay... That post made no sense, if you don't wanna read writing, then i don't think you will be very good at realising the importance of things on the news, as you just claimed long storys are 'boring!'

..And you wonder why you're a cautioned member.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!