PDA

View Full Version : Confidence

Revis
13-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I was randomly skating around last night dressed like that, including the mask and it was actually pretty hilarious. I had so much more confidence infront of people because they didn't have a clue who I was.

I'm not usually a confident person, sure I am when i'm with my group of friends but when i'm not i'm either trying to be funny (and failing) or just standing at the back, silent as a bunny who's just seen a car coming towards it.

So yeah, are you confident or not so?

Saurav. (Forum Moderator) - Please dont post images of yourself (even with a mask on). It is for your own safety! Thread Closed!

Grimmauld
13-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Mask = scary. I'm not a confident person, always nervous. >.< Even with friends, my old ones. >.>

deltateamaplha
13-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I'd lose all my confidence about going out at night if I saw you like that!

Mentor
13-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Anominty means lack of conisquences, or at least seemingly, so peoples inabitions go bye bye. Hence why many people whom are very shy IRL can be very outspoken on the internet, since it provides a simlar level of anonmity.

Plus costumes rule, ive done it a few times for chartys, even if people can tell who you are you would also get a bost from the pure fact, if you already done that, you may as well go the whole way and do it properly :D

mynameishelen!
13-05-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm pretty confident.
outta my friends I'm the loudest and stuff.

but i can be shy sometimes :P

RedStratocas
13-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Sometimes I am, sometimes not. I know that the trick with being funny is to try not to be funny. Im not very good at it though.

Revis
13-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Anominty means lack of conisquences, or at least seemingly, so peoples inabitions go bye bye. Hence why many people whom are very shy IRL can be very outspoken on the internet, since it provides a simlar level of anonmity.

Plus costumes rule, ive done it a few times for chartys, even if people can tell who you are you would also get a bost from the pure fact, if you already done that, you may as well go the whole way and do it properly :D
We gathered more attention because we were in masks, but we also got hassled by security alot more *shrugs*

Charlie
13-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Im not that confident, and im shy, even around my mates. I have to get them to ask the teacher/other people stuff sometimes. But if i'm hyper then i go round saying hello to random people, and just being a loud git.

Revis
13-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Sometimes I am, sometimes not. I know that the trick with being funny is to try not to be funny. Im not very good at it though.
Just have to be yourself... I try hard to do that n'all and fail miserably =[

Mentor
13-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Trying not to be funny would have the same effect as trying, just leaving it as being irelibant and not cairing ether way would probably work if your clame is true "/
Most my witty comments tend to be to obscure and weired to the extsent only raily does anyone else actaly get them "/
But being funny, and being confient aint realy that much 2 do with each other "/

Frozen..
13-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Im quite confident in anything i do. I like to SHOUT TOO !

RedStratocas
13-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Trying not to be funny would have the same effect as trying, just leaving it as being irelibant and not cairing ether way would probably work if your clame is true "/
Most my witty comments tend to be to obscure and weired to the extsent only raily does anyone else actaly get them "/
But being funny, and being confient aint realy that much 2 do with each other "/

It wasent really what I meant, I mean most of my funny comments are things I dont mean to be funny in the first place. For example, the other day our science teacher asked what kind of animal we each wanted to study for the next chapter. She called on me and I said 'Mammals, because theyre warm and fuzzy', and the class started laughing. I really just said that because I didnt have any other answer.

However thats just me and a few other people, some people can be funny by trying.

Revis
13-05-2006, 04:40 PM
It wasent really what I meant, I mean most of my funny comments are things I dont mean to be funny in the first place. For example, the other day our science teacher asked what kind of animal we each wanted to study for the next chapter. She called on me and I said 'Mammals, because theyre warm and fuzzy', and the class started laughing. I really just said that because I didnt have any other answer.

However thats just me and a few other people, some people can be funny by trying.
Same with me, it's just random one liners and sarcastic replies and annotations. Often people don't get my jokes when I mean them to be funny.

Charles
13-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Im not as confident as i'd like to be. I don't see the need to be the centre of attention, shouting all the time.
However. Im getting more and more confident as where I work it requires for me to talk to strangers. So yeah..im improving.

Rawr
13-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I am always confident in real life accept in school when I go of into a day dream and get asked something and i'm like ''ermm...'' *shrugs* :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!