PDA

View Full Version : Family?

Isoelectric
14-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Right, to start, i didn't know where to post this. So if its in the wrong section, can a mod move it please? =]

Anyway, here goes:

It was Early 2003 and we were at my Grandparents house. My granny said that her friend was coming over to stay for a while, so we thought that was ok. About a month later, my mum and grandad went to pick him up frm the airport. While they were parking, my grandad just blurted out "You know, the man we're picking up is your brother" which nearly made my mum crash into a tree. (My mum told me all this). When they went to pick him up, he had a woman with him.

After a few days, they were staying in my grandparents house and my mum asked the woman "Are you his husband?" and she said something in Malay to my Granny and my mum just said "Just tell me" and the woman said "Im his sister" and we were all there and turned and faced her as if to say WTH?!?!?!

This meant that I had an extra aunt and uncle I never knew about. It turns out that The woman has 5 children and the man has 4 children, so I have 9 extra cousins! They are all from Malaysia.

We were invited to one of my "secret" cousins weddings in October '03. The weddingwas in London. We stayed there for about a week wit my uncle (one of the ones I knew about - lmao)

We kept in contact and soon enough the Woman (Whose name was Aisha) came to stay with us for a week.

Now in 2006 we are in touch and communicate all the way from Northern Ireland to Malaysia. The place in which my mum works, which is the army camp - As a security guard - the civil service is closing. We only foundout a few days ago and it is closing in April 2008. My mum said that if she cant get another job then we might Have to move to Malaysia and I dont want that to happen! I will be leaving my school, friends and family and moving to a country I havent even been to before. Though its no problem with getting a job there and everything, seeing as My Aunt owns a company over there and is quite rich - she has 2 maids!

Anyway, what do you think of this whole thing?

Ostinato
14-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Hmmmm.

Well although it would have been a bit of a shock to discover your two new relatives, it's still a good thing and from what you've said, seems to have brought your family a bit closer together.

Hmmm... Although it would be hard for you to move, it's not the end of the world. You'd be surprised how easily youl make friends, and let's think about it - in a few years time when you end up going to uni etc. or leaving school, you will probably lose contact with them, and it seems if you moved to malasia you would have a much better way of life, with the security of a weekly income and your family around you.

foxyfox00
15-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Change Is As Good As A Holiday, But Leaving Places Is Really Tough. Malaysia One Of Those Countires Where You Have To Be Careful, Like Most Of The Islands. Good Luck What Every Happens.Just Remember Every Family Has A 'Secret' Or What Ever You Call It.

Herman
15-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Malaysia One Of Those Countires Where You Have To Be Careful, Like Most Of The Islands.

Hmm, I don't think so. I live in Singapore, a country right beside Malaysia. :] It's quite safe.

And cool, Mike, you're related to malays. I'm partly malay :] And oh, alot of people here own maids, it's nothing special here really. o_o

Isoelectric
18-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Hmm, I don't think so. I live in Singapore, a country right beside Malaysia. :] It's quite safe.

And cool, Mike, you're related to malays. I'm partly malay :] And oh, alot of people here own maids, it's nothing special here really. o_o

Lol thanks. I know its in like 2 years but I just dunno whats going to happen :l

I have a little malay phrase book :]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!