PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Radios = Illegal

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 07:32 PM
I have thought it was time to bring to you the fact that no Habbo radio stations I have seen are properly licenced by the PPL or MCPS/PRS, and are acting illegaly. If you look at the CDs you will see that it says: No unauthorised BROADCAST.

Don't say to me 'YOU ONLY NEED A LINCENCE FOR NORMAL RADIOZ NOT INTERNET ONEZ LOLOL' because you have no idea what you are on about. If you go to www.livecast.co.uk, you can buy licenced streams there or if you wish to find out about licences please go to www.ppluk.com AND http://www.mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk/. If you want to know about a station that had to close because of the cruel licences please visit: www.cmpradio.co.uk

I am bringing this up because I feel that while you are buying your shoutcast/icecast/w/ever you should know that it's illegal. If you go to www.garageband.com you can a licence for FREE that allows you to play unsigned artists, that are GREAT.

[Oli]
14-05-2006, 07:35 PM
+rep for the information

but im smart, lol, i wudnt start a radio :)

MattUH
14-05-2006, 07:36 PM
k.? ;)

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 07:41 PM
k.? ;)

Huh? Don't belive me?

Bomb-Head
14-05-2006, 07:44 PM
k.? ;)

:P lol

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I somehow don't get it??

Callum.
I believe you, but hey, go fine a 13 year old?

James!
I know most of the HabboHut tunes are legally bought.

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I believe you, but hey, go fine a 13 year old?

Or their parents.

tunes are legally bought

I can play stuff off CDs i buy in virgin, still illegal.

Callum.
14-05-2006, 07:49 PM
They've gone this long without getting caught, why stop?

jam666
14-05-2006, 07:50 PM
excuse me but i can tell you this based on your evidence not all habbo radios are illegal or if they are its because the djs play illegal songs i know for a fact most djs i know have payed and bought tracks with there own money take me for example i have bought every single record i own on a cd

Bomb-Head
14-05-2006, 07:51 PM

i agree

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 07:51 PM

Good point.

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 07:52 PM
excuse me but i can tell you this based on your evidence not all habbo radios are illegal or if they are its because the djs play illegal songs i know for a fact most djs i know have payed and bought tracks with there own money take me for example i have bought every single record i own on a cd

It doesn't matter if you've bought the CD or not...

SORRY DIDNT NOTICE DOUBLE POST.

Rob
14-05-2006, 07:55 PM
This thread is totally true.

My Dad has to pay for a license to play music on a sound system in his music shop. It's crazy.

Rob

MattUH
14-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Yuh but i guess if you get fined, you can bloame habbo for not providing info in some sort of way,

Theres always another way around it ;)

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Some guy on this thread just bad repped me with n00b, when they they don't know what they are on about. I ain't gonna bad rep him back but please, give me an apology.

[N]
I knew that from time ago.. all people in real life that my friends friend has actually got a internet radio with live broadcasting, some illegal and some not.

Edit: Just reminded myself, this is not all that is illegal half of the things on your computer that you download is illegal not just this.

[Oli]
Some guy on this thread just bad repped me with n00b, when they they don't know what they are on about. I ain't gonna bad rep him back but please, give me an apology.

i +repped u

Luckyrare
14-05-2006, 08:00 PM
They are not illegal. Its illegal to stream music you havent payed to be broadcasted. As long as you have permission from the singer/creater its ok.

-::Mr.Dave::-
14-05-2006, 08:00 PM
sorry my company disagrees and says no license is required you can stream all you want

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:01 PM
']i +repped u

Yeah I repped you back. It was another guy who just put: n00b.

My company just said your talking bull****

Nope, I aint. They obviously havn't even LOOKED INTO licensing. You think Radio One can blast out tunes all day without paying?

14-05-2006, 08:04 PM
no i pay 25 quid a year for my server thanks. they just read your thread and said what a load of crap you dont need licenses for broadcasting.

God who gives you this rubbisb to post

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:05 PM
no i pay 25 quid a year for my server thanks
Just cause you pay for your server doesn't mean your licenced. No where near. A MONTHLY licence from the PPL costs AT LEAST £50 a month.

[N]
14-05-2006, 08:06 PM
End of page 2 guy: So your telling me that every habbo fansite that plays so has asked the 'creater/'single' to play their songs, no LOL

Luckyrare
14-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Also paying one person for a fee is wrong, as radios have to pay the artist to play there song not some random scaming company.

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Also paying one person for a fee is wrong, as radios have to pay the artist to play there song not some random scaming company.

Have you been on the website or seen the PPL logo ANYWHERE before (its probably in your school theatre somewhere, its a legal thing)

Bomb-Head
14-05-2006, 08:08 PM
sorry my company disagrees and says no license is required you can stream all you want

lol :p

Luckyrare
14-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Have you been on the website or seen the PPL logo ANYWHERE before (its probably in your school theatre somewhere, its a legal thing)

Nah and I couldnt give a sh't

14-05-2006, 08:11 PM
i have asked 5 companys over msn and skype they said no licensing for servers and streaming required

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Are you seriously calling the MCPS/PRS/PLL Scamsites. You ever read the small print on CDs? Go look at one now.

Believe me people, you need a licence, read the web links. Read what it says on your CD.

Unauthorised Reproduction, copying, hiring, lending, public performance, broadcasting prohibited.

14-05-2006, 08:16 PM
mine doesnt

nuffink on the back of my cds

14-05-2006, 08:18 PM
can a mod please close this cuz its just gonna turn into a flaming war / argument

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:18 PM
mine doesnt

Look around the outside of it, its on the CD label (on the actual CD on the black bit in white writing that circles the disc. Believe me mate you need licencing, Ive been a DJ on a radio with licencing before (www.cmpradio.co.uk). Also a Shoutcast provider is selling you STREAMING not LICENCING.

Edit: This guy's just finally realised THAT HE'S GOT IT WRONG - RESULT.

[N]
14-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Saiteko is correct on some points, i just asked a musican n he said that some things are illegal, you have to pay some fees for playing songs or something or they send you this crap.. :S

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Saiteko is correct on some points, i just asked a musican n he said that some things are illegal, you have to pay some fees for playing songs or something or they send you this crap.. :S

THANK THE LORD, SOMEONE WITH SENSE!

14-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I just found a floor
http://www.ppluk.com/ppl/ppl_lc.nsf/PDL/LicBroadcasting-Radio-Internet?OpenDocument

they dont offer licensing for the UK so technically in the UK and USA its legal

ADAM:
14-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey

Thats why the call online radio's 'Pirate Radio'

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I just found a floor
http://www.ppluk.com/ppl/ppl_lc.nsf/PDL/LicBroadcasting-Radio-Internet?OpenDocument

they dont offer licensing for the UK so technically in the UK and USA its legal

Ah no, that means you can broadcast to the those countries FROM the UK. Its called a flaw btw. Also, you get UK licences from www.livecast.co.uk, that is british.

14-05-2006, 08:34 PM
unfortuantely even one of the best sites thinkhabbo.com has no license to stream and habbohotel.co.uk or any other habbos doesnt mention you need a license when setting up a fansite so....

anyway why did you bring this up in the first place saiteko

and wd livecast.com it redirects to sky.com for me to order television lol:eusa_wall

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:36 PM
unfortuantely even one of the best sites thinkhabbo.com has no license to stream and habbohotel.co.uk or any other habbos doesnt mention you need a license when setting up a fansite so....

anyway why did you bring this up in the first place saiteko

Cause I'm a sad lonley person with no life. :( Goes off to cry.

ADAM:
14-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Because no where on habbo does it say 'Why dont you get a shoutcast on your fansite'.

'Pirate Radio' <== Online radio station with no license.

14-05-2006, 08:38 PM
well saiteko i suggest you let this thread die and that means all radios ar pirate radios then

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:40 PM
well saiteko i suggest you let this thread die and that means all radios ar pirate radios then
-Shakes hand-

Will you apologise for the bad rep you repped me with?

ADAM:
14-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Not all. Some places you can buy shoutcasts and they come with a license.

14-05-2006, 08:42 PM
*apologises for neg rep* *shakes hands* :)

alexxxxx
14-05-2006, 08:43 PM
RIP THREAD

Mod please close thread.

Slixor
14-05-2006, 09:28 PM
great wrok mate, ive been trying to tell peeps for ages they need licence and now put it all into writing + rep!

Billabong
15-05-2006, 05:45 AM
Dude why let this thread die when your right?

alexxxxx
15-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Dude why let this thread die when your right?
Yeah, I suppose. I am right.

:Edzy
15-05-2006, 08:41 AM
I Got a liscence from the performing rights society how it works is they pay royalties to the artists, he is not a n00b he is just trying to stop you getting a fine (or ur parents)

Look on the ugetme website for more info

+Rep to
saietko or whatever

Flisker
15-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Link??...

Fiddle-Sticks
15-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I'll wait to see someone with a fine before I believe this.

I have thought it was time to bring to you the fact that no Habbo radio stations I have seen are properly licenced by the PPL or MCPS/PRS, and are acting illegaly. If you look at the CDs you will see that it says: No unauthorised BROADCAST.

Don't say to me 'YOU ONLY NEED A LINCENCE FOR NORMAL RADIOZ NOT INTERNET ONEZ LOLOL' because you have no idea what you are on about. If you go to www.livecast.co.uk (http://www.livecast.co.uk), you can buy licenced streams there or if you wish to find out about licences please go to www.ppluk.com (http://www.ppluk.com) AND http://www.mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk/. If you want to know about a station that had to close because of the cruel licences please visit: www.cmpradio.co.uk (http://www.cmpradio.co.uk)

I am bringing this up because I feel that while you are buying your shoutcast/icecast/w/ever you should know that it's illegal. If you go to www.garageband.com (http://www.garageband.com) you can a licence for FREE that allows you to play unsigned artists, that are GREAT.

Catchetat
15-05-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah it's illegal, also in sg. lol. but they dont care... :S

I told the committee who takes care of them but theyd idnt' give any reply lol except 1 (they told me they'll investigate)

RareIce
15-05-2006, 12:51 PM
But would sulake let the official fansites have pirate radios with no licences?

Flisker
15-05-2006, 01:12 PM
I think Sulake give them the right to Broadcast or there would be not Radio Section on the Official Fansite List

timROGERS
15-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Saiteko is right. This issue has came up before, people seen to overlook it, it's the radio owners fault if they allow it to happen.

No matter where you buy the music, it's still illegal to publicly play it, without a broadcasting license.

And no, Habbo are not liable for people's own negligence.

15-05-2006, 02:00 PM
OMG let this thread die already

ask your hosting companys they will say quite the opposite

ADAM:
15-05-2006, 02:27 PM
OMG let this thread die already

ask your hosting companys they will say quite the opposite

Just because he was right :| Plus hosting companys would say that so you buy ****ing shoutcast hosting from them.

alexxxxx
15-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I'll wait to see someone with a fine before I believe this.

www.cmpradio.co.uk CLOSED because they couldn't AFFORD the costs of Licencing.

MattUH
15-05-2006, 02:44 PM
let this thread die -.-'

So what? Its the owners fault if anything happens, just sit there and laugh.

Lycan
15-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Lol i did research on this around christmas for a project

its not the radio owners fault, its the Dj's ... the Radio owner only picks up a small fine while the dj picks up a large one

but liences are quite easy to come buy if you no where to look.. and theres different liences for different countries

overall just play uncopyrighted music - makes it completly legal,

Flisker
15-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Lycan is right i live in germany and i am gonna see if i can buy a license now for the radio

Recursion
15-05-2006, 04:18 PM
People in Canada are lucky 'cos they dont need a lisence :@

bowrox
15-05-2006, 04:20 PM
But if your host is US or UK based you do, because your host could get fined.

JellyWorm
15-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Who cares some geek posted this thread why? We don't really care as the radio will just get shut down no one will get done lol << Gimp

---MAD---
15-05-2006, 04:26 PM
The fact remains is that the shoutcast hosting doesnt tell anyone that music broadcasting is illegal..so they would get fined NOT the owners of the radio site/DJs as they have nothing to do with it.

Even if they did tell you, do you have any idea how many dam radio sites their are in the world? Nearly 80% are illegal..so dont waste your time lol.

ADAM:
15-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Has any one ever read the docs on shoutcast.com ?

alexxxxx
15-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Has any one ever read the docs on shoutcast.com ?

Yep, bit sad really.

Luckyrare
15-05-2006, 05:22 PM
The fact remains is that the shoutcast hosting doesnt tell anyone that music broadcasting is illegal..so they would get fined NOT the owners of the radio site/DJs as they have nothing to do with it.

Even if they did tell you, do you have any idea how many dam radio sites their are in the world? Nearly 80% are illegal..so dont waste your time lol.
The server owners will not be fined for this, aslong as they make sure people dont play illegal music (IN THERE TOS), this can be any illegal music, free-to-download (legaly from dance music sites ect), Itunes/ legal music downloads or payed to the artist to stream.

License Fees, Warranties & Disclaimers, Copyright and Trademarks

By using Shoutcast.com, you agree to the following terms concerning usability and liability of Nullsoft, Inc.

Nullsoft, Inc. grants a revokable, no-charge license for use of Shoutcast Server for any use.

Unless explicitly stated in writing, Nullsoft, Inc. does not grant permission to distribute any of its software in any form, including but not limited to, electronic information service distribution, bulletin board distribution, and magnetic or optical medium distribution.

Nullsoft, Inc. is not responsible for any damage to the purchaser's computer system or data and in no event will Nullsoft, Inc., its officers, directors, employees or agents be responsible to the purchaser for any consequential, incidental, or indirect damages (including damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like) arising out of the use or inability to use the Nullsoft, Inc. products, or the Shoutcast.com server, even if Nullsoft, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you.

You can participate in Shoutcast.com broadcasts that we index on our sites, but please remember that Nullsoft does not create, endorse, or sponsor said broadcasts. If you download any third-party materials that we index or support, you do so completely at your own risk. If you plan to download any software, please be sure to read the copyright and licensing information first.

Nullsoft, Inc. is not responsible for the content of what is broadcast utilizing Shoutcast.com. Nullsoft, Inc. believes in the First Amendment to the US Constitution and will not review or censor any broadcast. Those who listen to any broadcast listed or served herein assume all risk of being offended or suffering any other form of damage.

"Winamp," "Nitrane," "Shoutcast" are Copyright ) 1998-2002 by Nullsoft, Inc.

Among the trademarks and service marks owned by Nullsoft, Inc. are Nullsoft, the Nullsoft logo, Winamp, winamp.com, Nitrane, Shoutcast.com, the respective logos of the sites and the curious Winamp motto, "Winamp, it really whips the llama's ***!"

The "look" and "feel" of our sites also are Nullsoft trademarks. This includes our color combinations, button shapes, layout, and all other graphical elements.

Mentor
15-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Meh, its the reason thybag never got a radio, the liceninceing fees are to high for any workable radio on the scale id want "/

Most habbo radios are illgal, not that any would cair. Also the host isnt responable. Thats like blameing a webhost becuse someone uploads illgal software to it. True they will shut it down, but there not the ones who get charged, its the people who boradcast the music, aka the DJ's who will get in the ****

xxMATTGxx
15-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Well that PPL one dont do the Uk.. well not yet anyway

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Estonia
Finland
Germany Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Panama
Paraguay Peru
Poland
Singapore
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Thailand
Uruguay

Lycan
15-05-2006, 07:32 PM
wonder if you could get round it, buy a shout cast server in canada, and have Uk Djs lol

xxMATTGxx
15-05-2006, 07:34 PM
wonder if you could get round it, buy a shout cast server in canada, and have Uk Djs lol

Lmao thats worth a try..

16-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Link??...

http://www.prs.co.uk/

16-05-2006, 08:38 AM

lol buy a canaidian VPS :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!