PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii to support both HD-DVD and BluRay?

HUGECOOL
14-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Pioneer recently released a report that might just change the gaming battle's outcome.

This is the full report:

Blu-ray to win battle, says Pioneer

Posted May 14, 2006 PM ET

Pioneer senior vice president says that Blu-ray will win the format war

Oh the Blu-ray and HD DVD format wars are just going on and on. Meanwhile, the consumer is trapped on making a big decision on where to put their investment in.

According to Andy Parsons, senior vice president of product development for Pioneer, he assures that Blu-ray will win over HD DVD because it has the backing of the majority of motion picture studios and consumer electronics manufacturers.

Some would argue that HD DVD is already winning the war by having a few motion picture studios onboard, as well as the Microsoft Xbox 360. The upcoming Sony PS3 (PlayStation 3) will feature Blu-ray. Nintendo is caught in the middle and might be supporting both formats by the time the Nintendo Wii video game console is launched.

It might take year's to really find out what format wins the standard, but both Blu-ray and HD DVD has its pros and cons.

As I had said earlier, it was very strange that Nintendo had not released any information regarding a media player. Although the Wii's specs currently have no mention of any od these mediums, I believe this might be Nintendo's plan for their next console.

Billay
15-05-2006, 12:34 AM
i dont see the difference between them :s gud find tho m8

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I didn't think the Wii would be a media player at all. But you never know.

Personally, I can't see any reason why either format will take off. There's just no justification for the price of either.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!