PDA

View Full Version : Was buying a PSP a waste of money?

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I bought my PSP back in September, now 8 months ago. And wanna know what? I wish I hadn't. In my opinion, I think it was a complete waste of money. I can count on my fingers the number of actually quality titles, and there's just not been anything exciting going on with the system (legally, anyway). All we seem to get is port after port from the PS2, which basically ends up with us getting a cut down version but a higher price tag. It's ludicrous; and don't even get me started on the UMD movies. Not only do they seem to have an unjustifiably high price, but the number of titles as of late have plummited after the big movie studios reported extremely low sales.

I'm just thanking my lucky stars the GTA: Vice City stories is on the way, and that I've got Liberty City Stories and Daxter to get me through until October.

What's annoying is that I could have another £200+ to spend on games for other systems, or even buy a Wii or put towards a PS3.

Anyone else expecting better of the system, and have a similar point of view?

EDIT: I forgot to mention: don't just post crap like "Well if you don't want it give it to me". That's just dumb :)

[Chris]
15-05-2006, 03:42 PM
well iv had a psp for ages now

its a really good handheld
just watch out for dust in the screen its SO annoying >.>

anyway its good altogher

well thats my point of view and with 3.0

you can get :
video calling + camera

and that stuff

i think its good in nearly all ways

anyway

the ps3 is expected to be £600 :@

and the wii is only gonna be about £250

have a look on

www.hiptechblog.com

and scroll down to the wii (revolution) and the ps3

dont take my word for it unless u want to :P

you dont have to take my word for it just saying ...

chris

Condas
15-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Wii is the Next genuration. anyway *blinks O.o*
Erm yes It was i wished i got the ds now <3

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 03:45 PM
PS3 is going to be £340 for the lower tier system and £410 for the upper tier. It was confirmed at E3 :P

And the Wii is going to be under £200.

I didn't know 3.0 was out for the PSP. I'm still on 2.5. My main gripe though was not with the mounds of features, but the fact that there aren't enough decent games, and the sheer cost of it all.

paradox
15-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Myself being a owner on A PSP Ps2, Xbox and a DS are also wishing
I didn't buy it I've had it since June 05 though, so it's bout a year (America)
and I don't really use it apart from GTA Liberty Stories so its a bit of a waste
and I might sell before the PS3 comes out. I'm getting DS Lite from a America
next month too. Maybe I should get a 360? maybe.

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah I have a DS also, and I use it so much more. I might trade in my DS and get a Lite when they come out over here in the UK, and I might trade in my PSP towards a Wii. It's just annoying because I probably won't get anywhere near as much for it as I paid.

Mr.Sam
15-05-2006, 03:52 PM
lately all handheld systems haven't 'performed' as they where expected.
i brought a ds but i don't quite know why because i have only used it 2 maybe be 3 times.

so i'm sticking away from handheld for a while and just sticking to consoles :)

Neversoft
15-05-2006, 03:58 PM
I stopped getting hand held consoles after the Gameboy Advance SP, because I was really happy with my GBA:SP and it still brings me hours of enjoyment, I would never buy any Sony console anyway, In my view, the PSP appeals to Chavs... I guess thats after I saw the 'Bling' version of it.

Condas
15-05-2006, 04:02 PM
oh ty neversoft :( im not a chavvy.

HUGECOOL
15-05-2006, 04:04 PM
I had bought a PSP about 5-6 months ago, but I traded it in because of the lack of games. Most titles are just lack-luster, watered-down, titles from the PS2 (Which I own) and it's basically just paying extra money for what could be better on the PS2. And their advertising campaign is just horrible, not to mention borderline racist. "/

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 04:24 PM
I had bought a PSP about 5-6 months ago, but I traded it in because of the lack of games. Most titles are just lack-luster, watered-down, titles from the PS2 (Which I own) and it's basically just paying extra money for what could be better on the PS2. And their advertising campaign is just horrible, not to mention borderline racist. "/

And suicide inducing. Quite literally.

Jase
15-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree, theres hardly been any good games out at all..

All i am looking out for are MGS PSP,GTA VCS and killzone ;P

NekkLe
15-05-2006, 05:29 PM
As hype as this console was it hasn't pulled it out for me "/ the quality of games have been poor and nothing seems to amuse me anymore with it. I think the PSP's best hit in the games list must have been GTA: Liberty City Stories and that gotten boring now. Theres a few games I will wait for, majority of what Maca said ^^

As for films, something I wouldn't put my money towards, I might buy the odd film if I was to go away on a journey but not for the pure fun of leisure. I'd rather buy a DVD, cheaper and with the choice of what tv to play them on makes the sound and viewing quality much better.

Its in my cupboard now, untouched for a few months :|

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!