PDA

View Full Version : Well?

Craig
15-05-2006, 03:46 PM
So I will have alot of time on my hands with me breaking up this week despite some exams and I'm really not sure what to buy! I want a 360 for it's good graphics,speed and HD and some of the games that aren't on other formats. But it is expensive and so are the games. I'm also thinking about waiting for a Wii but the controller looks confusing as it's long and thin and it's spread out ;s and it's not gonna be here for a few months to 7 months at max. But some of the games on there are still gonna be good.....
The games I really want are Animal Crossing,Pokemon,Halo,GTA,some other usual Microsoft games,Mario Kart and stuff like that.
I was thinking of getting a 360/Wii and a DS for the time being.
recommendations?

Charles
15-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Even if you don't like the idea of the Wii controller, Nintendo are releasing a pad for the people who don't want to take the leap to the remotes.
Or you can just use a GC controller (If they're still on the idea of that)
The Wii is a really good choice, I really hope when I get it i'll enjoy it thoroughly.

As you can see im all Wii. But still, hopefully some more people will post informing about the 360.

Craig
15-05-2006, 03:57 PM

I might get a DS with all the stuff aswell and NFS:Underground for £65 off my mate,good condition[wlel excellent] is that good?

Just to keep me busy whilst I wait for Wii ;]

Charles
15-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I've got a DS, get AC and Mario Kart too. Both excellent games.
Wifi should amuse you too. Its done it to me too.

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 04:25 PM
From the games you want, sounds to me like it's a 360 and a DS you need.

Craig
15-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Yes I no doubt will! Is that price good though?

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Well personally, if you have the money I think you should go out and get a 360. Don't get a DS just yet - wait for the DS Lite to come out :)

Condas
15-05-2006, 04:44 PM
im in the exsact sitchuation.

i ethair want the ds or xbox360.

Craig
15-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Do you mind telling me what the difference is please? I know that it's lighter but thats all I know! And I only have like £150 atm so I might buy the DS+NFS:Underground for £65 off my mate.

paradox
15-05-2006, 04:50 PM
well I got a DS a week ago after selling it (bought it April last year before) and Im still getting the Lite from America
(surely English people off ebay will still buy my DS that wont get it shipped)
I'm not sure about every change
but it Lite is better looking, two thirds of the DS Size, comes in variety of colours, cover over the GBA slot, longer stylus and more.

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Do you mind telling me what the difference is please? I know that it's lighter but thats all I know! And I only have like £150 atm so I might buy the DS+NFS:Underground for £65 off my mate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Lite#Features

paradox
15-05-2006, 05:37 PM
oh damn

(The Nintendo DS is region free and can play games from any region. However, some wireless multiplayer games may not play with games from other regions. For example, a copy of Nintendogs from the USA will not connect with a copy of Nintendogs from Japan. )

Does that mean if I buy a American Nintendogs it wont work with English Multiplayer? But if I buy a english one and play it on an American DS Lite
it will let me do multiplayer? I hope so If not that will be a shame :(

Bear-Max
15-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't think American and English versions will be multiplayer compatable if American and japanese versions aren't. America is Region 1 encoding, and Europe and Japan are Region 2.

Craig
16-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Anyone else fancy giving ideas? Rep to all given =]

Charles
16-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Try Metroid Prime: Hunters on the Ds. I havn't got it yet, but heard its awesome. (I love all metroid games).
Its a fps shooter game.

Craig
17-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Any more ideas?

At the moment it's either gonna be a DS+NFS:U2 for £60 and then save for a 360 or save for a Wii. I'm probably gonna go for the 360 atm though.

Tristan
17-05-2006, 06:22 PM
The wii is what im going for. The ideas that they have come up with and put into the console are awesome. The motion sensibility looks cool and fun. Their is a range of colours which is quite cool too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!