PDA

View Full Version : **For Your Own Saftey**

Chaz
18-05-2006, 03:43 PM
If you have used tip-it's forums and have used your runescape pass and your forum pass:
CHANGE YOUR PASS NOW

From Runescape.com:
We would like to remind ALL our players to use a unique password for RuneScape. It is very dangerous to use the same password that you use on other websites.
It has just been brought to our attention that a large unofficial fansite (NOT our site) has had their password database stolen. And in fact has been leaking usernames+passwords for some time.

Remember that RuneScape fansites are not operated by Jagex and don't necessarily have the same level of security that we do here, and yet thousands (!) of players have needlessly risked their accounts by using the same password in both places!

So if you've used the same password on RuneScape and an external fansite then change your RuneScape password now. Otherwise you might just login and find all your items gone.

It's so important I'll say it again. DO NOT USE YOUR RUNESCAPE PASSWORD FOR ANY OTHER WEBSITE. Particularly not for unofficial RuneScape fansites. This incident shows why!

Finally I'd like to reassure users that our own security has in no way been compromised. As long as your RuneScape password is unique there is no risk from this.

Tip It Forums:
The Administrative Team would like to apologize for the recent extended downtime of the forums. The server was scheduled to undergo some routine maintenance that did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. Unfortunately during this time, some data was open for viewing by the outside world. So we are asking that our users change their forum password as soon as possible as an added safeguard. Please remember that when choosing a password, it should be a combination of letters and numbers that you will be able to remember but is not easily guessed. Also be advised that we, as well as Jagex, recommend that you do not use the same password for your Runescape account as you do on fansites and forums. The forum is currently running a script that will automatically bring you to edit your profile if you have not changed your password since the server was restored. This will happen every time you log in until you successfully change your password. Auto-login has also been disabled for this purpose.

You will also notice that our forum software has been reset and many of the templates and styles that you are used to are no longer available. Unfortunately these were some of the files that were lost and we will be working very hard to get all these features reinstalled as soon as possible, but we felt that keeping the forums offline for an even longer period wasn’t fair to the users and decided to run a fresh install while this task is being completed. The biggest change of which is that signatures have been disabled. No Signatures are lost, they are still stored in our database and will be intact when the feature is re-enabled.

We hope that you understand and we appreciate your patience while these issues are being resolved.

Sincerely, The Admin team

UPDATE: If you have trouble logging into your forum account or cannot remember the password , please use the "Forgot your Password?" link on the login form before sending an Account Problem report.

kooldude23
18-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks alot, i use the tip.it forums sometimes but my pas is already different :D

Axel
18-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I Dont use tip.it forum :]

JonJon
18-05-2006, 04:02 PM
How about logging in on SwitchSwift, eh? Eh?

Charles
18-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Only fools use the same pass for Rs and then another site/msn.
I, however..don't. Simple as.
But hooray for Chaz for bringing us this as some of us may not have known

Chaz
18-05-2006, 04:20 PM
How about logging in on SwitchSwift, eh? Eh?
Wht are you on about?

Charles
18-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I was going to quote him on that, but didn't think how to further it.
I use SwiftSwitch, it owns.

Chaz
18-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes, but that has nothing to do with the matter at hand x)

---MAD---
18-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Yes, but that has nothing to do with the matter at hand x)
people go off topic so much in the rs forum lol.

dizzieboi
18-05-2006, 04:42 PM
i never have any pass same as rune anywayz

Chaz
18-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Thanks for taking notice ;]

---MAD---
18-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for taking notice ;]
no problem :)

omgabear
19-05-2006, 07:00 AM
I never use the same place twice, go the tip.it hackers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!