PDA

View Full Version : Needing Help [+Rep][13rep power]

Craig
21-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Right so I'm really stuck on what to get and you lot are the forum gaming experts so I thought I'd ask you! At the moment I'm stuck between 2 choices:
Choice 1: Getting a xbox 360 console[Premium console+2 games for £320]
Choice 2: Getting a DS[£60 with everything and NFS:2] and a drum kit.

What would your choice be? I mean I know 360's are expensive but I could get loads of games cheaper on ebay etc,but have less cash ;[. Or I could get a DS and get loads and loads of games. I mean I really want to play games such as; Halo-Halo3,Good shoot em ups which 360 can offer?,fifa,stuff like that but also Animal Crossing,Mario Kart,Pokemon,games like that.

So tell me what you'd get and give reasons to back it up and I will rep you! [13rep power] and if you explain in detail I will rep you twice;)

I look forward to hearing it.

Edit: I don't intend on waiting for a Wii either,and PS3 is out of the question!

Sly
21-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I personally think choice 2 cause Drumming is amazing :D

paradox
It depends what you prefer, do you like handheld or consoles??
Also, do you want this drum kit bad? if so the DS won't dissapoint you, but if your not so bothered about the drum kit, and you want advanced game play,
then go for the Xbox 360. The price of the games could be taken into account, the DS ones sell for around 15.00 second hand on ebay. There is also the option of buying the DS Lite which is better looking, 2 thirds of the size, has 4 brightness levels all brighter then the DS, cover over the GBA slot, bigger stylus, comes in a variety of colours and is better looking, if you could get it imported from America it will cost 140 dollars, around 70 pounds.
The release date is June 11. If you prefer shoot-em-ups, maybe the Xbox 360 is the right console for you.

Wootzeh
I'd get a wii.

Infrontation
21-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Get a xbox 360 with 2 games. There are some great games coming out and its got good graphics and with a 360 you'll never want too buy a drum kit! =']

Timewarp
21-05-2006, 11:49 AM
wait for a wii or get a ds i see no attraction in the 360s poor and rushed games

Pu$$y
21-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Drum kit and Ds.

Craig
21-05-2006, 11:59 AM
You need to back your answers up,+rep to those who have and to those who havent you need to back them up before I rep you;)

keiran.b
21-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Right so I'm really stuck on what to get and you lot are the forum gaming experts so I thought I'd ask you! At the moment I'm stuck between 2 choices:
Choice 1: Getting a xbox 360 console[Premium console+2 games for £320]
Choice 2: Getting a DS[£60 with everything and NFS:2] and a drum kit.

What would your choice be? I mean I know 360's are expensive but I could get loads of games cheaper on ebay etc,but have less cash ;[. Or I could get a DS and get loads and loads of games. I mean I really want to play games such as; Halo-Halo3,Good shoot em ups which 360 can offer?,fifa,stuff like that but also Animal Crossing,Mario Kart,Pokemon,games like that.

So tell me what you'd get and give reasons to back it up and I will rep you! [13rep power] and if you explain in detail I will rep you twice;)

I look forward to hearing it.

Edit: I don't intend on waiting for a Wii either,and PS3 is out of the question!

well i was you , i would go and get and xbox 360 (but not the games) and go to a rent shop and play the games , if u dont like it then take it back and say can you have a refund or something like that , then do the same for the ds and see which 1 u like more and poick that way (i would personally go for the xbox 360 as i have an xbox and i like the games and graphics) but its your money and your choice

Tristan
21-05-2006, 02:47 PM
I would wait for the wii. The 360 has been out for a while and is kind of samey. The wii has different capabilities such as motion sensor and looks like its very fun. Personally I don't think the DS would be quite you. I may be wrong but I think you will probably get bored with AC and Mario Kart rather quickly. I might be wrong. The 360 costs more than the wii will (i think) then you can get a good new console and games and have more of a chance of getting a drum kit.

Ellis.
21-05-2006, 02:52 PM
From your 2 choices, I'd buy the DS plus the drum kit. I'd do this because...

DS Advantages

(I'm assuming you like playing the drums) and a new drum kit would be excellent!

You like drums, non? :)

Games like MARIO KART DS, ANIMAL CROSSING, and such are excellent games!

Wi-Fi! You can play other Mario karters and animal crossingers!

If you're a fan of pokemon, New versions will be coming out (Diamond and Pearl) which will contain OVER A 100 NEW POKEMON.

Also, for Diamond and Pearl versions, better graphics on the DS, a new region that you can explore, new starters, plus the ever so cute legendary Manafi!

ITS PORTABLE!

Disadvantages of purchasing the 360.

It's quite expensive.

You may be able to get cheaper games on ebay but you'd have no money after.

With the DS purchase, you'll still have some money leftover for random purchases like accessories for your DS! :)

It's a stay-at-home console.

You're off on a trip with your parents and you'll be away from home for a week! Plus, it's a 10 hour car ride. Too bad you cant bring your 360 =[ But with the DS, you can play as long as you want (unless batteries run out).

sleepyh
21-05-2006, 03:08 PM
I'd get a DS or DS lite and a Drum Kit, also if you have enough money left get a wi-fi connector (unless you have wireless internet connection). This is a handheld console you can play anywhere and the online is free, I'd also recommend mario kart DS and/or Animal Crossing Wild World.

Tristan
21-05-2006, 03:10 PM
with the DS, you can play as long as you want (unless batteries run out).

Or if where you're going has normal plug sockets you can bring your charger. :P

mnbvjifhgtge
21-05-2006, 03:10 PM
id get a DS and a drum kit since the 360's over rated and made by microsoft and since other people in my family has them aswell i can play with them aswell :). and the 36 only works best on a hd ready tv which will cost a arm and a leg atm

paradox
21-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Or if you buy a uber cool backpack with built in solar panels and sockets in the near future :8

Ellis.
21-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Or if where you're going has normal plug sockets you can bring your charger. :P

Ummm... sure xD

paradox
21-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Or if you buy a uber cool backpack with built in solar panels and sockets in the near future :8
I prefer my idea to Ymo's. :8

Craig
21-05-2006, 03:14 PM
So what is this Wi-Fi thing I need? I have Wireless internet connection with Belkin if that helps? And say if I take it on holiday can I play Wi-fi there? Can you recommend me good games for the DS please?:)

paradox
21-05-2006, 03:18 PM
So what is this Wi-Fi thing I need? I have Wireless internet connection with Belkin if that helps? And say if I take it on holiday can I play Wi-fi there? Can you recommend me good games for the DS please?:)
Craig, you do not need any form of Wifi, because you have an internet connection. Go to Wifi Settings on your DS and then you can search for an access point and pick up your wireless :) The WiFi Dongle stuff is only for people that don't have wireless as I had the pleasure of finding out. :$
I reccomend Animal Crossing, it never ends :).

mnbvjifhgtge
21-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Tetris ironically has WiFi in and looks cool and if ur trying to avoid a wifi adapter you need a wireless router and you cna play ur ds on holiday if theres a wirless hotspot that you can interface with

kano
21-05-2006, 03:23 PM
get a 360, good games coming out for it like gears of war, halo3, saints row just to name a few. plus u get to play on the biggest console online community.
and no u dnt need hd tv, mines looks fine on my tv but i will be gettin a hd.
i think if u travel alot then get a ds but if u like good shoot em ups go for a 360, i know they cost quite abit but i think its worth it.

Craig
21-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks,anymore games?:) Or pointers?

+rep to you all!

Colourful™
21-05-2006, 04:46 PM
If I was you i'd buy an XBox 360, or even wait for the PS3 to come out as it will be a lot better than the XBox 360! It's entirely up to you though, DS isn't that good to be honest.

Craig
21-05-2006, 04:48 PM
If I was you i'd buy an XBox 360, or even wait for the PS3 to come out as it will be a lot better than the XBox 360! It's entirely up to you though, DS isn't that good to be honest.

Considering PS3 will be £425 I'd rather not;)

Colourful™
21-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Fair enough lmao. The DS doesn't have as good graphics, sound or gameplay as the XBox 360, but the XBox 360 doesn't have the greatest range of games...then again; neither does the DS.

Neversoft
21-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Well, I would get a DS. Its games are Wi-Fi enabled and FUN! You'll get loads of hours of joy out of a DS, plus a drum kit!

Nightrose
21-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Hmmm Ds and drumkit or xbox 360,

well u could get a xbox 360 and play all the good shoot them ups and play online on the internet, the games are rather expensive but you could get preowned and stuff from games shops and ebay, it also just plus in to a mains im not sure if u have to charge the Ds or if it uses batteries but u could get a Ds and play it in school while u cant with a xbox 360, and the drum kit are u perpared to give time up to learn to play if u dont know how to or even play it most peopl eget bored with drumkits after a while and they end up just collecting dust and not doing anything, to be honest i would get the xbox 360 with the 2 games and then ask for Ds for xmas or bday or even save up shouldnt take u that long, but it would take u longer to save up for a xbox 360, and a drumkit shouldnt take that long either

So go for the xbox 360

Hope this helps

$.$
21-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Get a xbox 360 with 2 games :)

Kasabian
21-05-2006, 08:53 PM
The 360 is imense. Amazing graphics.
The DS is great for the portablity option.

Personally, I'll stick with my psp, But if i had the chance, DS & Drums.

Stress Free
21-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I have both i rarely play my xbox360 i have about 9 games for it and none of them kept me intrested for more then maybe a week at most
my ds on the other hand
i have tony hawks american sk8land which i got for liek a tenner n its awsome iv been playing it for almost a month now even though iv complted it on ever character i also have maria 64 great game animal crossing not bad can be boring though and i have a few other games like resi evil which is rubbish maria kart quite good and super monkey ball
plus new zelda is coming out soon for the ds and other great games so overall iw ould definately get a ds they rock my socks

alexxxxx
21-05-2006, 09:03 PM
The AD for Animal Crossing looks like that Habbo 3D screenies that were shown on a certain website. It looks urbAH c00lio.

-Wolverine
21-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I'd get 360 because it has a lot of awesome games coming out such as Halo 3 and it might have some GTA games. It may be more expensive, but if your not going to get Wii (Which might be close to the same price, and will be a lot better) then 360 all the way.

JonJon
21-05-2006, 09:46 PM
DS! Portable, and you can also get a drum kit.

The Xbox 360 isnt too much better than the Xbox, so dont bother with it.

Demynx
22-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Get the XBox 360 with 2 games if you lke consoles and GTA: 4 is coming out for it and Halo 3, but know you can get Perfect Dark Zero and Need for Speed most wanted, or my choice Call of Duty 2, Nintendo DS Is also a good choice but if graphics are your thing,dont think the DS Is the good choiced, But it has a touch screen with fun games like: Maro Kart DS which is online compatable and so is Animal Crossing DS.
Also, Nintendo DS doesnt haveany good shoot em' up games right know so XBox 360 wins that, for most gameplay you would get it better in Nintendo DS Because they are known for Trauma Center, Castlevania, Mario Kart, Wario Ware Touch, The New Super Mario Bros. and More........

micky.blue.eyes
22-05-2006, 07:39 AM
It depends what will entertain you the longest.
I personally would buy the xbox 360, amazing graphics, awesome games. It'll entertain me for months.

Lemonwonder
22-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Wii's are good but Ps3 when it comes out... man blu-ray players on own are 1000 dollars but ps3 pay 100 more and u got top notch blu ray

Tristan
23-05-2006, 05:15 PM
The Wii has a blue ray. It's not that good... And Ps3's have really bad reviews by loads and lost at the E3 and will cost around four hundred and a half pounds. ... ;/

Magnet
23-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Ok, heres how you should look at it.

Do you want a drum kit? Would you use it alot, along with the DS. Or would you rather ditch the two for an Xbox 360?

I have an Xbox 360 and is great. The graphics are great, brilliant interface, great games, great online play, great look, goes well with any room with the faceplates (Check out www.vinylgirl.com, they ship to UK). I had Condemned, that was good, but with such a small TV I have (15" portable), I could barely see anything as their is only a small flashlight in the centre of the screen for the majority of gameplay.

COD2 and NFS: MW I currently have, brilliant graphics, fun games too. I suggest you get Oblivion, that is probably the best game yet, and look out for Saints Row and Dead rising.

Put it this way, you don't want to wait for a Wii, you don't want a PS3, so Xbox 360 has to be the only other option if you want next generation gaming now, and to get all the next-gen games (Like, if you want GTA: IV, and don't want PS3 and cba waiting for Wii, which GTA: IV isn't coming out on, then Xbox 360 is your only other option, it's a good option, too.)

PriceTags
23-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Aparrently XBox 360s are getting new chips in and games bought after that might not play properly.

If you want a 360, wait. But I personally would go with the DS and drumkit.

Craig
25-05-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm going for a 360:)

J0SH
25-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Right, i would got for the 360.

Because u can, then soon buy online play and play with people around the world, when the ds its just a few games with wi-fi.

PriceTags
25-05-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm going for a 360:)

If they do put a new chip in them from this Christmas or whenever, you'll be gutted.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!