PDA

View Full Version : Drug houses in UK

jstar953
23-05-2006, 06:19 PM
in my phse lesson we went slightly off topic [as always] and our teacher started talking about Drug Houses they are going to introduce into the UK soon, where addicts can go in and take drugs. surely isnt the government basically condoning the use of drugs?? i understand that its safer these people taking the drugs inside the houses rather than on the streets but the message the government is giving out is that its okay to do drugs. isnt this kind of a bad message being sent out to young people??

comments and views please. i dont agree with this at all!

Wayne
23-05-2006, 06:21 PM
This is practically encouraging people who take drugs, and people who want to take drugs to actually take them. That means more people will want to take them. This is totally wrong. The British Government are the stupidest people ever...

Biseinen
23-05-2006, 06:22 PM
in my phse lesson we went slightly off topic [as always] and our teacher started talking about Drug Houses they are going to introduce into the UK soon, where addicts can go in and take drugs. surely isnt the government basically condoning the use of drugs?? i understand that its safer these people taking the drugs inside the houses rather than on the streets but the message the government is giving out is that its okay to do drugs. isnt this kind of a bad message being sent out to young people??

comments and views please. i dont agree with this at all!

Your teacher is on drugs.

Jordan3
23-05-2006, 06:25 PM
This is practically encouraging people who take drugs, and people who want to take drugs to actually take them. That means more people will want to take them. This is totally wrong. The British Government are the stupidest people ever...

I agree with him ^

Revis
23-05-2006, 06:30 PM
But you can't purchase the drugs from these places. It will get drugs off the streets and reduce the chances of infections from used needles because it'll be a clean, sterile enviroment.

Kasabian
23-05-2006, 06:34 PM

I thought that :rolleyes:

Mentor
23-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Its is a viable and proven philosphy, Same thing the romans did with prostitues, and a few contarys already do with drugs.

You Accept you cant stop people doing something, so insted you just strictly licence it, and tax the hell out of it. The government then Makes money insted of loosing it, the product is massivly safer. So it is pretty much win win.

Mit
23-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Basically what mentor says, but i do feel for the people living near one of these houses if they're introduced :(

Adam$
23-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I haven't heard of this, but it would be more safer than on the streets.

jstar953
24-05-2006, 08:23 PM

lmao. agree. i do accept your points that its a clean environment and its safer than doing it in public but the point is they shouldnt be doing it at all.really.

Ostinato
25-05-2006, 11:25 AM
However, the houses will mean people on drugs will be able to go in a safe environment, and as mentioned cleaning up our environment without leaving needles etc. lying out on the street. Also, when they are there they will be offered free advice to help get them off it etc. so in the long run could effectively cut down on the amount of drug addicts...

Although, personally I don't agree with it as it is condoning something which is completely wrong, and gives people the wrong impression.

Honesty
25-05-2006, 11:32 AM

What he said.

keiran.b
25-05-2006, 06:12 PM
nope i dont

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!