PDA

View Full Version : Bann list for your room.

poopkid21
19-01-2005, 02:01 AM
I think it would be a great if you could put people on a list that keeps them from coming into your room. LIke if some1 in always coming and harassing poeple when your not there you could put them on a list that would bann them from your room. it would be accesable throught ythe modify room thing. and you could remove and add people anytime you like.

-Soro-
19-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Roombans have been suggested many times, and I'm all for it... But there's too many threads like this I'm afraid to tell you. :p Don't worry about it though. ;)

2hd.
19-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I doubt you could do it due to it being abused..

Azela
19-01-2005, 05:24 PM
It, like most things would be terribly abused. Banning hobbas/habbo staff etc. If, it was only available to Golden HC like the habbo staff members seem to think works e.g Golden HC only get :furni there would be many protests... However, the concept is good just needs a bit more developement! :p

BlackGarden
19-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Well they'd probably put a system in place to make it impossible to ban hobbas or staff, but nonetheless, this could still be abused by deliberately excluding people for no particular reason other than to be mean, which is essentially bullying. Say you hang out in a room the whole time and are friendly with the owner and staff, and then you have an argument and you end up being banned from the room. You'd feel pretty excluded then...

Arcanum
20-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Well they'd probably put a system in place to make it impossible to ban hobbas or staff, but nonetheless, this could still be abused by deliberately excluding people for no particular reason other than to be mean, which is essentially bullying. Say you hang out in a room the whole time and are friendly with the owner and staff, and then you have an argument and you end up being banned from the room. You'd feel pretty excluded then...
Great point! I think this idea would hav to be put into effect when the inhabitants of Habbohotel become more mature and less childish :rolleyes:

nets
30-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Ive seen the ban list idea loads of times.

lil-rarez
30-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh yea some nasty habbos could ban like every hobba and habbo staff so they could do loads of things in that room that are agianst the habbo way!!

Szam
30-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeh it would probably be abused, plus if they did add something like this im sure you wouldnt be able to ban hobbas and staff... Lol

-Soro-
30-01-2005, 03:18 PM
:eusa_naug
Yeh it would probably be abused, plus if they did add something like this im sure you wouldnt be able to ban hobbas and staff... Lol

How would it get abused? The room owner can ban who he likes, when he likes, what's the problem with that?

And I doubt staff would be able to be banned either, but it's easy to make something preventing that.

Szam
30-01-2005, 05:47 PM
It could be abused say as an example a HC member dislikes non HC members so he/she bans every non HC that tries to enter the room or of course the other way round, then thats prejudice and kind of bullying just banning people for no reason.

-Soro-
30-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Well it's the same as kicking except permanent, and people kick people they dislike anyway, it's their room. It might cause discrimination, but kicking can too.

then thats prejudice

Nope, prejudism is not taking actions, and taking actions based on prejudist beliefs is called discrimination. :p :eusa_shhh :p

G-flow
30-01-2005, 06:30 PM
i would like to have room bans :p, it would help a lot in trading rooms etc :p

Szam
31-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Okay Fair Enough... Lol

Jamie
31-01-2005, 07:27 PM
This idea has been going on for ages O.o
It probably gonna' happen in the next update
Like the 'Reset rights' thingy =]

Rarelime
31-01-2005, 08:28 PM
It would be quite a useful thing to put on your rooms... but as it's been previously siad people would abuse it and block everyone from their rooms.

Fawne
31-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Yes, as i've seen.
They have been posted alot.
And i'm up for it, all the way.
Maybe because loads of people want it to happen, then that might just 'happen'. lol.

But there's also a down-side to them being abused, and then hobbas having more questions asked to them and more 'cries for help'.
I no hobbas may seem like they neva get there on time, but they cud do more then we'll ever no. (apart from the fact that they no)

KickerFliper
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
You Might Be Able To Ban People That Break The Habbo Way In Your Room
But Not Ban Normal People That Have Been In And You Just Dont Like
Hobbas/Hotel Staff Shouldnt Be Able To Be Banned From Rooms
But It Also Should Be A Gold Hc Tool And Hobba Tool

BlackGarden
03-02-2005, 05:19 PM
You Might Be Able To Ban People That Break The Habbo Way In Your Room
But Not Ban Normal People That Have Been In And You Just Dont Like
Hobbas/Hotel Staff Shouldnt Be Able To Be Banned From Rooms
But It Also Should Be A Gold Hc Tool And Hobba Tool
Thing is though, you can't control whether people are banning people who break the Habbo way, or whether they are just banning people because they don't like them.

-Soro-
03-02-2005, 09:45 PM
What is the problem with banning people you just don't like?!?!? It's your room, so being the owner of your room you can have who you want in it. Habbos crying about it is not a 'downside', it's moaning, just like moaning about going to school or doing homework.

Just because the 'ban-ees' won't like it, it doesn't make the idea a bad one, it's purpose is to satisfy the owner, and if the owner is sane, and the people in the room are sane and well behaved no one will have a problem.

I'm sure hobbas get enough false 'call for helps', and this won't make much of a difference.

Infrontation
04-02-2005, 07:51 AM
I doubt this willl be available. As many people would abuse it..

P@ND@
04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
This system would not be abused by banning staff since it's impossible the kick them :)
But this would be abused by using it for discimination, rascisme ect..

-Soro-
04-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Yes, because there's already none of those (non-existant) problems in room kicking. :rolleyes:

I give up.

infatuation
04-02-2005, 10:29 PM
a smart idea would be to get the person banned for 2 days and you could not set it any longer, than you would have to bann that person and nasty people probably would do that.

Escalabar
07-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes I agree, this would be a very welcomed new feature. But I do not see how it can be abused??
In relation to the comment about banning hobbas and habbo staff, this would simply not be possible. Habbo would obviosly make it so that Hobbas and staff could not be banned from the room.

Also I think that if an owner wants to ban or remove anyone from their room, it is their choice and should not be questioned. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!