PDA

View Full Version : GAS.

Metric.
27-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Ok, I have to switch from premium gas to regular gas because I can't afford the premium gas anymore. I was told that you can't mix regular gas and premium gas togeather or it will do something to the engine? I have a hard time believing this, but I don't want to do harm to my engine.

SO, can anyone help me with this?

Rawr
27-05-2006, 02:20 PM
www.google.co.uk

paradox
27-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Ask Jeeves.

issaa.
27-05-2006, 02:22 PM
no idea sorry.

Revis
27-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Isn't premium petrol just purer, more clean petrol? I'd just run down your car untill it's running on empty then refill it with regular.

Kasabian
27-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Isn't that like petrol and diesel?

If your car is designed for petrol don't use diesel and vice versa.

Revis
27-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Isn't that like petrol and diesel?

If your car is designed for petrol don't use diesel and vice versa.
No, Premium is of a higher quality. It's like, BP ultimate and the ****** forecourt stuff.

Kasabian
27-05-2006, 03:08 PM
My parents use BP xD

emo...
27-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Why not ring up a station and ask them.

louder
27-05-2006, 03:25 PM
www.google.co.uk

Agreed.

RedStratocas
27-05-2006, 06:24 PM
I cant imagine that hurting the engine, even though I dont know much about cars. I dont see what about mixing it could hurt, unless their are different chemicals in them. Dont take my word on it though, ask someone at the pump or possibly google it

Ugh, gas is getting so expencive in america. The UK has higher, but they dont complain because their cars have more miles to the gallon.

I hate getting into a blaming-Bush rant, but he needs to do more about it. In 2005, he gave the oil companies 5 billion dollars to look for more places to drill for oil. In other words, he's giving money to companies who last year had the highest profits of any company ever. Never mind researching other forms of energy that dont destroy the earth, we need our Hummers:rolleyes:

The U.S. needs to start buying more gas-efficient cars, car companies are doing a good job of making them.

Adam$
27-05-2006, 06:39 PM
It wouldn't do any harm, but do the switch with the least amount of premium in your tank for better results. The odd change won't harm it but if you change every week, you'll start to notice the resutls.

Metric.
27-05-2006, 07:39 PM
It wouldn't do any harm, but do the switch with the least amount of premium in your tank for better results. The odd change won't harm it but if you change every week, you'll start to notice the resutls.

I have about half a tank left in 1 car and the other car has about 3/4, so I'll wait for the premium gas to get really low and I'll switch.

I cant imagine that hurting the engine, even though I dont know much about cars. I dont see what about mixing it could hurt, unless their are different chemicals in them. Dont take my word on it though, ask someone at the pump or possibly google it

Ugh, gas is getting so expencive in america. The UK has higher, but they dont complain because their cars have more miles to the gallon.

I hate getting into a blaming-Bush rant, but he needs to do more about it. In 2005, he gave the oil companies 5 billion dollars to look for more places to drill for oil. In other words, he's giving money to companies who last year had the highest profits of any company ever. Never mind researching other forms of energy that dont destroy the earth, we need our Hummers:rolleyes:

The U.S. needs to start buying more gas-efficient cars, car companies are doing a good job of making them.

I agree. My car is decent on gas, not as good as it once was but I gets decent MPG. We have another car and it is awful on gas so we have so sell it or take it off the road. It's a V8 and it has over 175,000MI (about 280,000km). It use to be alright on gas, but as it got used more and more the MPG decreased little by little. I would love to keep the car because it's still a beautiful car, but it just dosen't make sense to keep it now that gas prices are soo high also matinence and upkeep isn't getting any cheeper.

My mom is looking at a new 2006 Toyota Avalon, she test drove it and she really liked it and it gets very good MPG, so maybe our next car will be a Toyota =O

HUGECOOL
27-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Hybrid car ftw. ;D

Adam$
28-05-2006, 08:14 AM
I have about half a tank left in 1 car and the other car has about 3/4, so I'll wait for the premium gas to get really low and I'll switch.

I agree. My car is decent on gas, not as good as it once was but I gets decent MPG. We have another car and it is awful on gas so we have so sell it or take it off the road. It's a V8 and it has over 175,000MI (about 280,000km). It use to be alright on gas, but as it got used more and more the MPG decreased little by little. I would love to keep the car because it's still a beautiful car, but it just dosen't make sense to keep it now that gas prices are soo high also matinence and upkeep isn't getting any cheeper.

My mom is looking at a new 2006 Toyota Avalon, she test drove it and she really liked it and it gets very good MPG, so maybe our next car will be a Toyota =O
Is the Beemer the V8?

Ryan+Joe
28-05-2006, 08:19 AM
i wouldnt think there was anything wrong as you can still use both fuels as the car was built for it and it wouldn't matter if you changed.

cocaine
28-05-2006, 09:30 AM
ROFL I love the way Americans call petrol 'GAS'

:'D

Metric.
28-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Is the Beemer the V8?

Yeah, thats a V8 aswell.
But we also have a 03 Mercedes S500 (with 175,000+MI) and it's also a V8. My mom uses the S500 A LOT for work, and she really dosen't need a V8 S-Class for work, which is basicly driving around looking at houses, meeting clients and talking on the cell.

Jane
28-05-2006, 03:34 PM

It's not that funny...

HUGECOOL
28-05-2006, 05:48 PM

Short for GASOLINE. And I don't think Americans are the only ones that use that term. "/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!