PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Lite released! US and UK

HUGECOOL
31-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Nintendo seems to have done away with the release date and have released the white DS Lite in the US and the navy (lack) DS Lite in the UK. Some store are still holding to stock till launch date, but others will sell you one regardless.

In the US, Wal Mart and Target seem to be the popular ones with the DS Lite right now.

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/2376/picture0052ja.jpg

Brandon.
31-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Sweet, I'm getting one from America cause it's 30 pounds cheaper!!
*Rings Dad in America to buy me one :8*

SnowTwist
31-05-2006, 05:18 PM
YAY!!!!!! :D
It'll Look Very Sexual Next To My Nintendo Wii :D

Brandon.
31-05-2006, 05:19 PM
YAY!!!!!! :D
It'll Look Very Sexual Next To My Nintendo Wii :D
Wii don't think so. :P

SnowTwist
31-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Wii don't think so. :P
Oh But Wii Do
Btw That Was A Poo Joke :P

Timewarp
31-05-2006, 08:15 PM
whered u get this info from ds lite was released but not in uk :s

Brandon.
31-05-2006, 08:20 PM
whered u get this info from ds lite was released but not in uk :s
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3122&Itemid=2

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=2537

Timewarp
31-05-2006, 08:24 PM
1. Thats U.S
2. Nintendo seems to have done away with the release date and have released the white DS Lite in the US and the navy (lack) DS Lite in the UK. Some store are still holding to stock till launch date, but others will sell you one regardless.
Where did that come from it says some have been sold no where does it say oh nintendo released it early it has been shipped to the shops (as usual to stop shortages) and some have been naughty boys/girls and sold em

Flap
31-05-2006, 09:30 PM
just wondering, whats the difference between the normal DS and that one, Except the colour

Brandon.
31-05-2006, 09:31 PM
just wondering, whats the difference between the normal DS and that one, Except the colour
The Nintendo DS Lite is 42% smaller in volume and 21% lighter than the original Nintendo DS. The layout of the controls has been adjusted slightly, with the Start/Select buttons being moved to below the A/B/X/Y buttons. The stylus now slides into the system sideways, and the microphone has been relocated to the hinge in the center of the system. Also, the power button has been relocated to the right side of the system as a spring-switch (when the button is let go, it flicks back), opposed to a button right above the D-pad on the original DS (this was considered a poor design due to the fact that it was easy to accidentally press while playing a game, losing unsaved progress).

The screens have also been updated; the user can choose between four levels of brightness to increase battery efficiency and they are, even on the lowest setting, brighter compared to the original model. The screens touch when the clamshell is closed, therefore preventing an object from slipping between them and scratching or otherwise damaging them. The Nintendo DS Lite maintains all of the former functions the original Nintendo DS provided, including backwards compatibility with Game Boy Advance cartridges, despite now protruding from the casing slightly. The Nintendo DS Lite also comes with a GBA filler cartridge to protect the slot when no Game Boy Advance game is inserted.

Billay
31-05-2006, 09:36 PM
i can't believe they did that.

Timewarp
31-05-2006, 09:38 PM
i can't believe they did that.
exactly read my post they didnt ''/

Bear-Max
01-06-2006, 11:28 AM
I can't say I've seen any prematurely released over here in the UK, except for those imported ones from Japan that are going for about £130-£150. I wish there were some mix-ups though - I can't wait to get my hands on a DS Lite.

Sony.Com
05-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Very cool. It seams to be the current fad with nintendo, taking a system and remaking it small and with new features. I am talking about gameboy micro BTW as the other system.
Oh well it works, they are making money so they are happy:P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!