PDA

View Full Version : Rapping

Ciaran
23-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Most parents today belive that rapping makes children change and follow what rap does, some say its too rude... what do you think? is rapping out of hand or is it just another way of expressing feelings?

Moved by MissAlice - From Discuss Anything (Outside Habbo)

SSC7
23-01-2005, 02:00 PM
I personally don't like rap. I can't unnerstand a word they say untill the very end when they shout "motha :rude: )" Maybe its just me but I reallly don't get it :s

Ciaran
23-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Alot of the time people just hear rap and dont even think about the lyrics if you actually listen you can hear what they are saying its like heavy metal, i cant hear a word they say but fans of it probably can..

Pulchritudinous
23-01-2005, 03:13 PM
It's not just the lyrics with rap, I like the beat, it's the same with hip hop and r'n'b and that's why I like those genre's of music.

Ciaran
23-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeh i find 90% of the time the beat is what appeals to me in a song for eg: The game - This is how we do

Pulchritudinous
23-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Lol yeah that's good, most hip-hop kinda music has an appealing and 'catchy' beat, well I find it does.

Back on topic, I don't think rap music promotes any kind of violence or hate, of course rappers rap about it, but I think if you have half a brain, you wouldn't follow the lyrics of a song, i don't think I'm any more violent because of rap music.

Ciaran
23-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeh i agree in one of eminem's songs he says about a kid who shot up his skool just because he heard it in a rap... that just isnt normal

G-flow
23-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I like rapping, you can just exress yourself, i dunn what it is , just gooooood! :p

Pulchritudinous
23-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeh i agree in one of eminem's songs he says about a kid who shot up his skool just because he heard it in a rap... that just isnt normal

I reckon its an excuse, or they are just stupid, and not following their own instincts.

Ciaran
23-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Then again lyrics go along way lol just look at Rc lyrics are everything on there and eminem - like toy soliders is so popular because of the lyrics...

Pulchritudinous
24-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I made it sound like lyrics don't count, but they sure do.
What would a song be, without the lyrics.

Jim Rotates
25-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Some rap, is what i think is poetry, I don't like it but i respect it, if that makes any sense but newer type of rap, like all about money and :rude: is awful, can't stand it

stanfordstud2
26-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Some rap, is what i think is poetry, I don't like it but i respect it, if that makes any sense but newer type of rap, like all about money and :rude: is awful, can't stand it

thank you! rap was the greatest type of music out for a good 5 years (90-95, 96 or so) but then MTV tryed to cash in. with groups like tribe called quest and de la soul you could get away from MTV and still listen to good music. rap nowadays is garbage. and the worst part, is that people think that its rap! well its not! its pop. eminem, gay unit, chingy, jay z, all of it. garbage!
the only thing decent nowadays is kanye west. kanye brings it back to the good ol days because its not stale. it doesnt need a good hook and a decent beat to survive (unlike gay unit). its also very socially conciese (sp.) and gets its style from some of my favorites (tribe called quest, talib etc. (other then jay z)).

well that was my rant...have fun with it

ramjet
26-01-2005, 06:13 PM
i h8 all rap really but i can respect it as its own type of music. im a punk-rocker which i think is better but yeh i think the early rap was quite good when it was mixed with metal (the apprpriatley named rap-metal) and bands like

- beastie boys

- cypress hill and even people like the modern N.E.R.D but i dont see rap as music or singing. the style i really hate is all this rubbishy club music urm... i dont really remember anyone who does it as there generally one hit wonders but it think people like fat boy slim and eric prydz are the enemy to all decent music as there is no talent in creating songs on a computer and putting sum weird voices on top.

I'm mainly into rock as i like the way that bands have the space to create their own style, Flogging Molly and The killers as well as many others like The Zutons and Limp Bizkit all have their own style. I also like the passion but sum of the really heavy death metal like slayer, megadeth and good old 'priest make hard listening. only people like mastodon and slipknot as well as metallica and acdc guns and roses and a few others have really got it spot on.

I also cant stand boy bands/girl bands or all these maufacured people there is no talent.

And (yup, theres more!) i like sum of eminems songs like stan, sing for the moment and lose yourself it showes his punk background (apparently his influences involve *** Pistols) I think what he did made a stand but 50-cent gay-unit Jay-Z (who can i add has put me off linkin park for life) it is gettin so borin.

basically i think that rnb and pop will go away a bit and something nu will take over it was until the mid 90's when gr8 bands like blink182 and greenday were coming thru that punk-pop was the thing.

i think in the future the charts will be full of individual acts with no style and thank god busted have gone. music can only get better!

ur frend

ramjet

G-flow
26-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah cypress hill are good, though i am not that bothered by the beastie boys, i mean, i respect them but ...i dunno lol....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!