PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawks Project 8

Neversoft
09-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Not exactally new, but It hasn't been posted and I thought you might want to see. :P

http://www.tonyhawksproject8.com/

If that trailer is jumpy view this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkwerdrhqJg&search=tony%20hawk) one.

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFpJRg4ZaE&search=tony%20hawk) to see in game action.

Looks amazing. :)

Mr.Sam
09-06-2006, 06:52 PM
I'll just watch it now :]
i love the thug, american waste land and tony hawks games :]

Sony.Com
09-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I am so sick of tony hawk remakes. Its just boaring now.

Mr.Sam
09-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I am so sick of tony hawk remakes. Its just boaring now.

Oh well, everyone has their own opinion :]

edit: is it only on the 360? if so that sucks, it should stick with sony.

Billabong
09-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I got bored at Thug 2

Wootzeh
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
The graphics look amazing, the games going to be alot more realistic. I've heard that you won't be able to just pull trick after trick.

Stress Free
09-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Looks sick definately buying no matter what console it`s on

Billay
09-06-2006, 07:58 PM
that trailers on the main page for it. but ok. looks cool i guess. nothing new and revolutionary like THAW

Neversoft
09-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Oh well, everyone has their own opinion :]

edit: is it only on the 360? if so that sucks, it should stick with sony.

Xbox, PlayStation 2, PSP, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Which totally sucks as I won't be able to get it, why must everyone give up on Nintendo. :l

Edit: Sony and Microsoft get Project 8. Nintendo gets Downhill Jam.
Playstation 3 - Tony Hawks Project 8
Xbox 360 - Tony Hawks Project 8
Nintendo Wii - Tony Hawks Downhill Jam (Later release than the other two because of the Nintendo Wii's control system)

Santa Monica, CA. – May 8, 2006 -- Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today confirmed that the company is currently in development on three launch titles for both the PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ (formerly code named Revolution) platforms. The company has been working closely with both Sony Computer Entertainment America and Nintendo on the development of Call of Duty® 3 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, which will be released on both next-generation systems, as well as on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Activision also is developing two completely different games based on the Tony Hawk franchise – Tony Hawk’s Project 8™ for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam™ for Nintendo’s new Wii system. In fiscal 2007, the company will release 10 games for the three next-generation platforms including the titles listed above as well as X-Men: The Official Game for the Xbox 360.

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam will be developed exclusively for Nintendo.

Oh and theres more...

Now it seems Activision has decided to split the series in two - one half for Nintendo platforms, and the other for non-Nintendo platforms. The arcade-like Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam will be coming to Wii, DS and GBA, and the tentatively titled Tony Hawk's Project 8 will be the version you can play on Xbox, PlayStation 2, PSP, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. So from now on, when some kid asks you if you've played the latest 'Tony Hawks' your answer will require some addendums.

JonJon
09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Each new games introduces new levels, new lines, new tricks, new customizeables. Which makes each game more skateable. On THPS, high score is about 400,000. On T.H.U.G. it was around 10,000,000. On T.H.U.G 2 (a let down) around 8,000,000 and on T.H.A.W, a quite good 105,000,000.

Billay
09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
i still think it needs to be more innovative.

Neversoft
09-06-2006, 11:12 PM
i still think it needs to be more innovative.

I predict the Nintendo Wii version of Downhill Jam will be.
Too bad they're 'splitting them up' though. Now I won't get to play Project 8.

-Wolverine
09-06-2006, 11:14 PM
I did have the first 3 Tony Hawks for Playstation 1 and I stopped buying it since.. i dunno why though.

SHEEPY
09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
I did have the first 3 Tony Hawks for Playstation 1 and I stopped buying it since.. i dunno why though.

Possibly because they're shyte?

Billay
09-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Possibly because they're shyte?

THEY NEEDED TO BE INNOVATIVE!!!11!!1!

BL!NKEY
09-06-2006, 11:45 PM
If the real game play has graphics that good i will pick one up for my 360

JonJon
09-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Tony Hawk games rock my world. But they make some people get his name wrong. Some people think he is called Tony Hawks, not Hawk, just because it's 'Tony Hawk's American Wasteland' and they don't see the apostrephe.

Sony.Com
10-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Tony Hawk games rock my world. But they make some people get his name wrong. Some people think he is called Tony Hawks, not Hawk, just because it's 'Tony Hawk's American Wasteland' and they don't see the apostrephe.
Ok... Kind of random if you ask me but ok... I think that they need to be more innovative yes, also I think the idea of trick after trick gone is a good idea, makes it more realistic. They should make it eye toy capiable, now that would be really cool. But yeh, the new levels are cool and all but they need new characters and stuff as well and a lot of new tricks. A lot of the same ones since tony hawk one are still being used.

Neversoft
10-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Ok... Kind of random if you ask me but ok... I think that they need to be more innovative yes, also I think the idea of trick after trick gone is a good idea, makes it more realistic. They should make it eye toy capiable, now that would be really cool. But yeh, the new levels are cool and all but they need new characters and stuff as well and a lot of new tricks. A lot of the same ones since tony hawk one are still being used.

Tony Hawks Project 8 Character Lineup

Tony Hawk
Bam Margera
Stevie Williams
Bob Burnquist
Ryan Sheckler
Rodney Mullen
Lyn-Z Adams
Mike Vallely
Paul Rodriguez
Dustin Dollin
Nyijah Huston

As for Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Hawk will be the only pro in the game. The rest of the cast is comprised of created characters. Which is going to be kind of rubbish as my favourite is Rodney Mullen. Why can't they just put both of the games on the Wii, Xbox and Playstation. It'll be much better. :P Splitting them up is stupid.

Billay
10-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Tony Hawks Project 8 Character Lineup
Tony Hawk
Bam Margera
Stevie Williams
Bob Burnquist
Ryan Sheckler
Rodney Mullen
Lyn-Z Adams
Mike Vallely
Paul Rodriguez
Dustin Dollin
Nyijah Huston
As for Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Hawk will be the only pro in the game. The rest of the cast is comprised of created characters. Which is going to be kind of rubbish as my favourite is Rodney Mullen. Why can't they just put both of the games on the Wii, Xbox and Playstation. It'll be much better. :P Splitting them up is stupid.

Don't be jealous that sony is VIP :p

Neversoft
10-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Don't be jealous that sony is VIP :p

If Sony is VIP must mean Nintendo is aswell then because Nintendo are the only ones getting Tony Hawks Downhill Jam. ;)

JonJon
10-06-2006, 10:06 AM
The THPS4 line up was the best.

Stress Free
10-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Each new games introduces new levels, new lines, new tricks, new customizeables. Which makes each game more skateable. On THPS, high score is about 400,000. On T.H.U.G. it was around 10,000,000. On T.H.U.G 2 (a let down) around 8,000,000 and on T.H.A.W, a quite good 105,000,000.When i was coming back off my holidays on the plane i was playing tony hawk`s american sk8land for the ds and after i completed story mode and then completed classic mode with every character i tried gettign the highest score i could and i got a combo score of 200 000 000 but it wouldnt let me get the score any higher after that or i think i could of gone on for another few hours before getting bored (that score took me about 40 mins in the warehouse stage).

Confused
10-06-2006, 11:12 PM
THPS3 is the best game, but the soundtrack keeps getting better.

JonJon
11-06-2006, 12:08 AM
When i was coming back off my holidays on the plane i was playing tony hawk`s american sk8land for the ds and after i completed story mode and then completed classic mode with every character i tried gettign the highest score i could and i got a combo score of 200 000 000 but it wouldnt let me get the score any higher after that or i think i could of gone on for another few hours before getting bored (that score took me about 40 mins in the warehouse stage).[/color][/b]

Yes, skateland is supposedly the easiest of the series.

Neversoft
11-06-2006, 12:24 AM
I only have Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawks Underground 2 myself, but I've played them all. :)

JonJon
11-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I only have Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawks Underground 2 myself, but I've played them all. :)

T.H.U.G. 2 was a bit of a let down.

Neversoft
11-06-2006, 08:52 AM
T.H.U.G. 2 was a bit of a let down.

I enjoyed it, think its pretty good.

Infrontation
11-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I haven't bought a tony hawks game since the second one that was released for the Playstation One and that is sold now <3

Neversoft
12-06-2006, 06:15 AM
The third one (Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3) was probaly the best in the Pro Skater series.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!